So we finally have an OEM fully supporting WP

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
And all they get here is negativity? Threads now popping up saying Nokia's timed exclusive on apps is bad and practically every thread about the Lumia 900 is crapped in by haters saying how much better their HTC's are? Seriously? Would people prefer we go back to the old days of WP not being recommended by store reps, or being totally unheard of outside of internet forums, being bashed on tech sites (still going on) and OEM's releasing handsets and doing absolutely nothing to promote them then moaning about low sales? Some are even saying they will switch to android?

Sure the Lumia's have had has problems but how soon we forget the HD7 issue with playing DRM content, the Titan call quality issue, Focus S keyboard lag, DVP wifi issue, completely useless Xenon flash on the Mozart, burn in issue on the Focus. Meanwhile Nokia has fixed one issue on the 900 within days and acknowledged another and promised a fix. Not forgetting they have been in the WP game just over a year and are yet to really bring their best hardware designs. Maybe we should just ask MS to get rid of them because of all the damage they are causing to our beloved HTC and Samsung.

Incredible. :rolleyes: :confused:

anon(5325135)

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I personally like what Nokia is doing. That's what made me pick the Lumia 900 over the HTC Titan II. We got a fix right away, we are getting apps that will be released to everyone else in a while and everything.

Stop complaining. If Nokia didn't do this, we wouldn't get these apps at all, period. Those other companies don't care, but since Nokia is willing to pay cash, they should get something in return. Tell the other OEMs to get a move on if you want these apps.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Los

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
People are acting like the apps are going to stay exclusive forever. Nokia is only making them exclusive long enough to help sell their devices. They are in the business of selling phones. Nokia has every right to add value to their phones with these apps exclusive for some time if they are the ones investing their own money to bring them to the platform. At least you know you will get those apps eventually. It's not like before when we were in the dark and uncertain about these apps coming to the platform at all. So just wait like you have for everything else. They will eventually come

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Preach on, OP!!! Seems to me the only fragmentation going on are between users. I mean, if HTC was doing exactly what Nokia is doing right now, I would've bought the Titan II in a heartbeat. No hate, congratulate. :cool:

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I think the problem for most people is that Nokia's efforts are highlighting what other manufacturers could or should or need to be doing.

By all means be pissed that you're not getting such and such an app or a fix for a bug or whatever; but the problem here isn't Nokia.

Being so good that you make others look bad doesn't mean you should lower yourself; it means that the rest need to raise their game.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't blame Nokia they are in this to win and they have the mid set to do so. Making cool devices and great apps exclusive to there devices is smart business sense. So they are just launching there USA devices and from the looks of it they are doing very well. So what they took the bull by the horns made cool looking devices with great apps went out and educated the sales reps and now it's paying off. not only is it paying off for them but it's paying off for WP 7.5... Good job Nokia.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
While I would like to one day upgrade to a Lumia, the amount of issues the 900 has is really inexcusable considering it's supposed to be their flagship device. But when it comes to Nokia providing a better ecosystem than the other OEMs - good job Nokia. If HTC/Samsung don't want to get left in the dust then it's time for them to compete as hard as Nokia is. Probably HTC more so than Samsung, because Samsung's mobile division is rolling in the money and they're not too concerned about lagging WP sales. HTC has been doing poorly for several quarters in a row and they really need those extra WP sales to make up for their floundering Android marketshare.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
It appears that are more real issues than there really area the main people that we hear from are those with "issues" which may be issues b ut most of them are things that were designed that way by MS and are yet to be modified by an update or things that the poster believes MS should have done if differently in some way. Otherwise the 900 would not be selling as well as it is (better than the latest Android su;perstar device HTC One) I am going to be getting the Lumia 900 very soon and I anticipate no problens.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
dont see how nokia is competing that hard. the 800/900 is a reworked n9. htc has provided more phones than any other manufacturer. the 900 spec is barely that of the titan 1 let alone the titan 2 which imho is the flagship wp device. from what i've seen so far the titan2 and 900 are minimal upgrades to the original titan and 800. lte only available in limited market. the t2's camera being the upgrade of note. nokias one claim is a few exclusive apps. for me this os which i think is the best has done little to move forward in the past 6 months and only conjecture to look forward to. everyday i look in the marketplace for a glimmer of something fresh instead of the endless youtube apps,radio apps media apps reworks of the same thing.i cant even online bank with some of my accounts.7-8 months since the titan came out, the 900 and t2 were hardly worth waiting for and not a thing on the horizon. rant over i hope apollo is something special. it needs to be

What windows phone do you have and are using currently?

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
If Samsung and HTC were as supportive as Nokia when releasing a device, i may be pissed..Both have released phones and done really nothing to advertise or support....Im sure they are waiting for wp8.

Since they are not, i can careless...Wouldnt make sense to allow Samsung/HTC to sackride Nokia's hard work to get these apps right away....For example, they are in cooperation to get Angry Birds space and have been working with EA to get exclusive games on Nokia, so now samsung/HTC get those right away when they dont do anything?

Come on son!

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
dont see how nokia is competing that hard. the 800/900 is a reworked n9. htc has provided more phones than any other manufacturer. the 900 spec is barely that of the titan 1 let alone the titan 2 which imho is the flagship wp device. from what i've seen so far the titan2 and 900 are minimal upgrades to the original titan and 800. lte only available in limited market. the t2's camera being the upgrade of note. nokias one claim is a few exclusive apps. for me this os which i think is the best has done little to move forward in the past 6 months and only conjecture to look forward to. everyday i look in the marketplace for a glimmer of something fresh instead of the endless youtube apps,radio apps media apps reworks of the same thing.i cant even online bank with some of my accounts.7-8 months since the titan came out, the 900 and t2 were hardly worth waiting for and not a thing on the horizon. rant over i hope apollo is something special. it needs to be
With respect I agree generally (regarding most WP apps), but lets not overstate HTC and undercut Nokia here...

HTC Titan 2's camera stands out, but in general it is only marginallly better than Lumia 900 and it is $150 more expensive than Lumia 900, and clearly doesn't offer as much in the way of user-experience. What is that $150 for...is the camera really worth it here, especially when you'd need to pay $40-50 more to have offline turn-by-turn GPS comparable to Nokia Drive? And while you feel apprehensive towards Nokia's input to WP, lets remember that it is Nokia that is at least trying to bring more quality apps to WP such as PayPal, Angry Birds Space (and future Rovio titles), upgrading Groupon, etc.

As for HTC rolling out the most WP phones, I don't think it means much these days. In some markets (e.g. Canada), Nokia WPs are more common...e.g. the only next-gen HTCs we have is Radar on Wind, Nokia's got 710 on Rogers, Wind and soon Mobilicity, 800 on Telus and 900 on Rogers. Clearly someone doesn't care about marketing HTC (or Samsung) WPs in Canada at this time, either the carriers or the OEMs, or both.

Mr_pither

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
My Focus S is a great phone, but I feel like I have been completely abandoned by Samsung. Watching Nokia do all this great stuff to add value to their phones after the sale, and Samsung has done NOTHING. If something doesn't change soon, I certainly won't be making this mistake again...

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
One thing ive notice from WP clients

they complain about one function , MS fixes it..
then they start WHOLE other Complaint.
its a vicious circle of Complaints

its 2012 and TECHNOLOGIES are being wasted on the Worst generation of Spoiled brats.:straight:

im still amazed that I have a PC in my pocket. and ive had one for 5 years! :giggle:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077