People hub or twitter app?

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Do any of you use a separate app for twitter or do you just use the people hub? There are some really nice apps out for twitter, but it seems to be more convenient to use the people hub.

Musicjunkie0210

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
bro I installed songbird, rovi, carbonwp, and motweets... and at the end of the day i just ended up using the people hub. what i did is that i signed up for sms notifications, so every reply and DM went straight to my sms inbox and then id go to my ppl hub and reply back, i saved app space that way

Musicjunkie0210

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
sounds like overkill to sign up for sms notifications buts its the only true "push" notification i could think of, especially if you receive a ton of replies and plan on responding quicker than within 15 minutes

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded twabbit yesterday and it's pretty nice. I'm not sure how much I'll use it since I've been using the people hub. I use tweetcaster to follow people, but it's not that great of an app. I used it on android and it was nice so I bought it when I got this phone.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Save yourself some trouble and try Mehdoh. Best Twitter app I have ever used. And V2.0 is almost here. Facebook/LinkedIn integration, and ltd more. Oh, did I mention it's free.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Save yourself some trouble and try Mehdoh. Best Twitter app I have ever used. And V2.0 is almost here. Facebook/LinkedIn integration, and ltd more. Oh, did I mention it's free.

I've downloaded Mehdoh, but I'm having trouble linking it with my twitter account. Once I get it going I'll see how it does. The free part is pretty nice!

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I use a hybrid method. For quick stuff I'll use the me tile; for example I will post to fb or twitter from the me tile, or check in, but that's about it. I use mehdoh at the moment for my tweet reading, etc. I don't really use the people hub "what's new" at all. I do use the integration that is in individual contacts, especially when creating groups.

trickym81

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
I use the People hub for quick updates. I was using Seesmic for a while, but its live tile didn't work in most cases. Today I switched to Mehdoh and it's great so far. It gives push notifications when anyone Tweets @ me which I really like.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I've downloaded Mehdoh, but I'm having trouble linking it with my twitter account. Once I get it going I'll see how it does. The free part is pretty nice!
I read that there were recently some issues authenticating with Twitter third party apps (again). I always use my email vs. user name. But you might have to be persistent.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I have two Twitter accounts, personal and business, so I'm a little limited. I have tried the main ones but not all support multiple accounts, and am using Gleek right now. I was able to put a live tile for each account on my home page so that works good. Otherewise, just for myself, I will use the People hub, but of course, it has both FB and Twitter, which is usually okay.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Use rovi but for general use, I have a twitter people tile to just quickly reply to them. So I guess you can say people hub

Sent from Le Lumia de Cyan using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon