If VZW doesn't get a Windows Phone 7.5/WP8 this year, what will be your next device?

havox22

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I think Verizon will get one, when I was at the behind the tiles event, when the question came up, they said they couldnt comment on it, but that Verizon has left hater town

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the lumina 900 will come to Verizon by mid year..... The rumors are that they are testing a WP7 LTE device, hmmm I wonder what it will be ????

I wanted a titan 2 but, if Verizon gets a Lumia 900 LTE with a 12mp (rumored a updated 900 will be coming to other carriers), I have my old New Every 2 $100 credit ready for it and I want a white one....

I've been out of a contract for over 6 years now. I currently have a Trophy and love it.

I just want a bigger and better display.... a L900 or a Titan 2 would do fine for me...

So to answer the question... A lumia 900 on Verizon will be my next phone :) but, if they dont have one, I'll stick with my Trophy or attempt to put an Arrive on Verizon (just for the keyboard change)

Unless other carriers (AT&T) will "match" unlimited data, I'm sticking with verizon

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the lumina 900 will come to Verizon by mid year..... The rumors are that they are testing a WP7 LTE device, hmmm I wonder what it will be ????

I wanted a titan 2 but, if Verizon gets a Lumia 900 LTE with a 12mp (rumored a updated 900 will be coming to other carriers), I have my old New Every 2 $100 credit ready for it and I want a white one....

I've been out of a contract for over 6 years now. I currently have a Trophy and love it.

I just want a bigger and better display.... a L900 or a Titan 2 would do fine for me...

So to answer the question... A lumia 900 on Verizon will be my next phone :) but, if they dont have one, I'll stick with my Trophy or attempt to put an Arrive on Verizon (just for the keyboard change)

Unless other carriers (AT&T) will "match" unlimited data, I'm sticking with verizon

reportedly Verizon is going to be doing away with unlimited,even for grandfathered users. So if you want to keep truly unlimited you'd have to go with sprint (sic).

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
reportedly Verizon is going to be doing away with unlimited,even for grandfathered users. So if you want to keep truly unlimited you'd have to go with sprint (sic).

Rumor.... I know people who personally talked to people high up. They are not getting rid of it. I hope they get the Lumia 900 before then. As it would break your contract if they canceled it.

Sprint is worse than TMO AND AT&T in my area. Sprint is not even on a back thought for a carrier, they are just as bad as Verizon when it comes to WP7

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

This says keeping unlimited data when buying subsidized devices isn't happening: Verizon will kill 'grandfathered' unlimited data plans, push users to data share - FierceWireless

I think it's just a matter of time when no carrier offers unlimited data. I'm just hoping the data allotments and prices Verizon offer is reasonably fair.

Still questionable.... more rumor but, maybe they will then at that point I could care less if I stay with them or not. AT&T is almost as good in my area. Besides their coverage there would be no reason to stay with them, they got rid of any little perks, like New every 2 credits and other things over the years. There would be no reason to hold me to them.

I guess it's all about the data....this just moving us backwards....I thought progress was to move forward, not backwards...

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Still questionable.... more rumor but, maybe they will then at that point I could care less if I stay with them or not. AT&T is almost as good in my area. Besides their coverage there would be no reason to stay with them, they got rid of any little perks, like New every 2 credits and other things over the years. There would be no reason to hold me to them.

I guess it's all about the data....this just moving us backwards....I thought progress was to move forward, not backwards...

I don't like it either. Don't get me wrong, I don't use that much data, but it's nice to know I have the option. If I could share 4 to 5 gigs of data with my wife without spending any more money that would be fine.

tekhna

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site

What are you talking about? It's no rumor. Verizon's CFO said straight-up that their unlimited plans are dead.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
What are you talking about? It's no rumor. Verizon's CFO said straight-up that their unlimited plans are dead.

lol, denial i guess... unlimted plans are definately going bye bye... sprint isnt far behind. i would almost bet my house no carriers will offer unlimited data in late 2013... thanks to the iphone and all its subsidies, that phone actually cost the carriers money to sell... i think they should all say f*ck off.\

as for the original question, verizon will have a wp8 this year, it has also been stated by the ceo, and i will probably pick up nokias latest and greatest. they have excellent hardware, and are an early adopter and loyal to our beloved platform... gotta show love for nokia

trivor

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
One of the things to think about is you don't change carriers for a phone. Mickey Papillon (CellPhoneJunkie - excellent all around pod cast) says pick the carrier where you have great (good?) coverage for at least 90% of your life. Many of us (me included) are on Verizon because it is the best (many times only good coverage) carrier in our home area - a great phone does me no good if it doesn't have cell or data service. Verizon has stated they will have NO MORE 3G only phones (and I expect the iPhone 5 or whatever they call it) to be LTE. I don't know what the status of WP8 is (or LTE/CDMA) but Verizon will need the next Windows phone to have LTE on it. Hating on those of us on Verizon for not supporting Windows Phone is not going to help. I get the feeling that Verizon (for whatever reason - maybe it loves the Droid branding) doesn't seem too anxious to get another platform (maybe they're more interested in Blackberry 10 - they used to have a VERY good relationship with Blackberry). My personal opinion is Windows Phone needs Verizon more than Verizon needs Windows Phone so Microsoft and Nokia have a ton of work to do to convince Verizon it should carry Windows Phone. While the recent uptick from 1.5% to 3.0% (at the expense of Nokia going broke because it is practically giving away the Lumia 900) is nice Windows Phone really needs to get to 10% market share to say it's made it. It will very difficult (if not impossible) to get to any appreciable market share in the US unless you have at least 1 (maybe more). While I'm not a spec monster the 16 GB max on Windows Phone so far is a non-starter for me - I will not accept less than 32 GB on any new device I buy (don't try to tell me about cloud computing, etc.). Micro SD expandibility on WP8 would be huge. If WP8 is not out by October on Verizon MS will have lost another opportunity for a customer because I'm not willing to wait and I have not had any problems on Android (also a WebOS refugee - which was the best of the bunch).

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I guess if they had carry over data, it would not be that bad. Like AT&T had/has, carry over unused min for the year. It would be nice if they applied that to data, then it would not be too bad to handle.

Everyone pushes "cloud computing" for mobile but, if they cut the data, what's the point ?

Still, I'll get a pre-paid AT&T phone (or use my Trophy on AT&T with a SIM unlock), to use AT&T for 2-3 weeks before changing over. I wont change carriers for a phone, UNLESS it's coverage is AS good or better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium