zune mp3 issues

mrpinkeye

May 9, 2012
Visit site
i have an album in mp3 format with 9 tracks around 5mb each that i can see and play in zune. i have enough space on my phone for the tracks. when i click and drag or right click the tracks and sync it says "added" at the bottom of zune but nothing transfers. wtf!?

Seketh

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
i have an album in mp3 format with 9 tracks around 5mb each that i can see and play in zune. i have enough space on my phone for the tracks. when i click and drag or right click the tracks and sync it says "added" at the bottom of zune but nothing transfers. wtf!?

Maybe the music is already on the phone and the metadata is incorrect.

To check if the music is indeed on the phone, simply connect your phone to your PC and go to Zune - Phone - Music (see screenshot attachment).

mrpinkeye

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Maybe the music is already on the phone and the metadata is incorrect.

To check if the music is indeed on the phone, simply connect your phone to your PC and go to Zune - Phone - Music (see screenshot attachment).

the music is not on the phone :( is there any way to see the phone as a removable drive? zune is horrible!

mrpinkeye

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Don't go that far yet. Where did you buy them? Ripped from a CD? Your phone isn't a "guest"? Provide more details. Zune isn't horrible.

from a cd. im not sure what "guest phone" means...

i dont like the way zune sorts by album/artist/genre tags. id much prefer to click and drag a mp3 file to my phone from a folder!

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
from a cd. im not sure what "guest phone" means...

i dont like the way zune sorts by album/artist/genre tags. id much prefer to click and drag a mp3 file to my phone from a folder!

It's the sync relationship. Also, you can drag and drop files within Zune to the device :p

Upload the songs to Skydrive and use Sky Music (I think it's called) and download them to the phone?

mrpinkeye

May 9, 2012
Visit site
It's the sync relationship. Also, you can drag and drop files within Zune to the device :p

Upload the songs to Skydrive and use Sky Music (I think it's called) and download them to the phone?

when i open sky music i can see "public" "documents" and "pictures" folders. i have tryed placing the mp3 files in each of these on my pc but they never show in sky music. i have also tryed making a "music" folder on my pc but that wont show in sky music either! is it even possible to download music from my pc via sky music?!

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
when i open sky music i can see "public" "documents" and "pictures" folders. i have tryed placing the mp3 files in each of these on my pc but they never show in sky music. i have also tryed making a "music" folder on my pc but that wont show in sky music either! is it even possible to download music from my pc via sky music?!

There was an article posted a little while ago about the Skydrive music apps, but I can't recall which allows you to download the songs, to be honest. This was my best guess.

mrpinkeye

May 9, 2012
Visit site
aha! success. i didnt realise the tracks had to be uploaded via my browser. did that and it works, the tracks now play in the sky music app so thankyou. still annoying that the tracks cant be transfered to the rest of my music, i'll just be using sky music for one album! lol but at least they are on there i suppose. thanks again

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3