So I emailed Pandora...

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Below is my email and their response. Seems like a blow off to me. I am still looking for a good streaming source. I kind of like spotify but Pandora was just so easy to jump into a playlist. It's not nearly as easy with Spotify.. I'll keep looking though.

David | Pandora
MAY 14, 2012 | 03:11PM PDT
Hi Jason,

Thanks for your feedback regarding the Windows Phone and our lack of an app for it.

We are focused on making Pandora the best music-streaming service available, so we will definitely keep your input in mind as we continue to work on our site.

Thanks for your help!

Best,
David
Listener Support
PANDORA? internet radio
Need help? Pandora | Help
------------------------------------------------------
How helpful was my reply?
Lack of mobile support
MAY 14, 2012 | 10:59AM PDT
Original message
I am sure this email won't go to anyone that cares but I feel like I should send it anyways.

I just turned off my auto subscription to Pandora due to lack of support for the Windows Phone mobile platform. I am also making sure to never recommend anyone use Pandora for their music streaming for that reason.

There really is no excuse not to support as many platforms as possible. Several developers have shown how easy it is to make an app to stream Pandora on Windows Phone and I am sure they would be more than willing to work with engineers at Pandora to make an official app at a very small expense.

Windows Phone has well over 10,000,000 users and is growing rapidly in the US due to the new Lumia line. Missing out on all those potential customers is foolish.

Well, I am off to listen to Spotify now. Their Windows Phone client is great! It has a great metro look and works perfectly.

I very much enjoyed Pandora while it lasted but I guess all good things come to an end.

Thank you for years of good music,

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I sent a very similar email just a few weeks ago. Good job! More people need to do this.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
once again folks....PANDORA IS NOT ALL THAT! Those of you feigning for this app REALLY need to give Slacker, last.fm, and Soundtracker a try. If you HAVE to have a pay service, Zune Pass is your best bet due to the phone integration.

jiffffy pop

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I have Zune pass, as I had it for 5 years but the SmartDJ could use a little tweaking. I've used other internet music clients such as Last.FM, Slacker, etc. The 3rd party Pandora client MetroRadio works the best in my opinion. To me, the music library Pandora has is suberb. This is why I will continue to use Pandora, but when the API is broke, I use Slacker.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
once again folks....PANDORA IS NOT ALL THAT! Those of you feigning for this app REALLY need to give Slacker, last.fm, and Soundtracker a try. If you HAVE to have a pay service, Zune Pass is your best bet due to the phone integration.

Slacker Radio is just awful. Not only is laggy, its downright dangerous. I almost had a car accident trying to get the dumb thing to work. I have a love tile on today's hits. I should only have to press it and enjoy my music but noooo, I have to keep pressing play at least 5 times, so it's very distracting.

Also it just stops playing for no reason at all, and you have to start it again. And even worse is that it keep playing Bruno Mars's it will rain, even though I had banned that song 7 times.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
i MSG the Official F1 site to to get a F1 app , and i basically got the same response..

but what seems to be happening is that these BIG names are waiting for WP8/W8

We are focused on making Pandora the best music-streaming service available, so we will definitely keep your input in mind as we continue to work on our site.

maybe that means they are just waiting for WP8 to give it the best experience?

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
They could simply authorize one of the third party apps and be done with it. Like I said in my email to them there is no excuse. Dev time in something like this would be so minimal. It's got to be personal at this point. There is no business reason to not release a WP client.

I will miss Pandora but it's already been replaced. I just need to get used to Spotify and I will be all set. I just found some real good play lists and am rocking out at work again :)

havox22

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I must be the only one in the world who prefers last.fm. I tried Pandora on my android multiple time, but I just cant get into it, plus my last.fm profile is on the xbox also, but I hope u guys get the app, I know a lot of people feel like they cant switch to wp7 without it.

I dont think they are waiting for wp8, I think there is some behind the scenes things that went on and Pandora hates WP.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I think I heard somewhere it has to do with the fact that they can't place ads in the app where they'd like to. Might have been the wpcentral podcast.

Mr_pither

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Back in the day they were the little guy getting squeezed by the labels and on the edge of being fee-ed out of business.

Now they are the big guy stomping on the little 3rd party WP app guys. Guess they learned from the best how to be @$$holes...

Eff them :mad: - last.fm, iheartradio, etc, or etc FTW!

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Slacker Radio is just awful. Not only is laggy, its downright dangerous. I almost had a car accident trying to get the dumb thing to work. I have a love tile on today's hits. I should only have to press it and enjoy my music but noooo, I have to keep pressing play at least 5 times, so it's very distracting.

Also it just stops playing for no reason at all, and you have to start it again. And even worse is that it keep playing Bruno Mars's it will rain, even though I had banned that song 7 times.

I do not have the same issues with slacker that you are, I have experienced the stop playing issue maybe a couple times but none of the other issues. Maybe you should try iHeartRadio or Last.Fm instead.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Slacker takes forever to start playing and stops after a few minutes quite often. I hate this because I've got some nice stations set up. When I get another WP I'm probably going to get a Zune pass.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Slacker takes forever to start playing and stops after a few minutes quite often. I hate this because I've got some nice stations set up. When I get another WP I'm probably going to get a Zune pass.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

hmm I don't get that issue and I'm on 2G 99% of the time I use it.

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I think Slacker's interface could use some work. Also, pinning an artist station shows a plain tile that has the Slacker logo. It flips to show... the Slacker logo. How dumb. After using it for about twenty minutes, heard an ad. Deleted and never looked back. I will give them credit for letting you skip and pause from the volume controls.

Currently using iHeart and Zune Pass.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
hmm I don't get that issue and I'm on 2G 99% of the time I use it.

Lots of times when I leave home it takes two to three minutes for it to start playing the station and frequently it stops playing fifteen minutes later. It's strange that some seem to have that issue and others don't.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo