We just passed BlackBerry

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I was at an AT&T store today and the girl I talked to said the Lumia had been selling well. She was using one as her work phone and had lots of positive things to say about it. She liked it as much as her iphone she used as a personal phone. With reps pushing WP it's only a matter of time before we're solidly in third place.

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I love how the OP says no negative comments, and eventually people start pulling as many facts out of the interwebs as possible to prove others people's Scooby Doo detective work is wrong and get all uppity about it, priceless!

ZOINKS!!!!

Hey OP, I'm on board with your positivism on the WP! We're kicking iPhone *** in China, and if I can quote Howard Dean:
"AND THEN WE'RE GOING TO IOWA!!!"

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

sentimentGX4

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
I don't consider China a major win, actually. Consumers from the India, China, Brazil, etc. tend to be indifferent to specs or operating system. I'd expect a very thorough and complete transition from Nokia Symbian users.

ALso, the "next billion smartphone users" aren't enough to prop up Blackberry and they aren't enough to prop up Symbian. Ever the pragmatist, Apple is thoroughly disinterested in this market. This is merely a token victory for WP and will marginally contribute to its success.

Last edited:

smapor

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't consider China a major win, actually. Consumers from the India, China, Brazil, etc. tend to be indifferent to specs or operating system. I'd expect a very thorough and complete transition from Nokia Symbian users.

ALso, the "next billion smartphone users" aren't enough to prop up Blackberry and they aren't enough to prop up Symbian. Ever the pragmatist, Apple is thoroughly disinterested in this market. This is merely a token victory for WP and will marginally contribute to its success.

Apple not interested in the market?

Every business's has or wants to get in.....

Apple core revenue is the Iphone. If there not interested in one of the largest Market in the world....not sure if you are serious.

sentimentGX4

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Apple core revenue is the Iphone. If there not interested in one of the largest Market in the world....not sure if you are serious.
Actions speak louder than words. Who gets the iPhone first? Last? Who does Apple charge the least? The most? How many Apple Stores are in the nation?

Only so many people can afford an iPhone on <$1000 a month salary. Apple has a bunch of other reasons, of course.

companionlink

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
What WP really needs to win over BlackBerry users

Putting the numbers aside for a moment, WP7 really misses the mark in one area that BlackBerry was strong in -- complete sync with Microsoft Outlook.

BlackBerry has their BBDM software that ships with every device. It allows you to sync over USB.

WP7 doesn't have anything that does USB sync with Outlook (standalone; no Exchange).

If BB represents the business user community, I can't imagine WP7 winning over the majority of business users without a reliable, secure, and non-cloud approach to syncing with Outlook.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Putting the numbers aside for a moment, WP7 really misses the mark in one area that BlackBerry was strong in -- complete sync with Microsoft Outlook.

BlackBerry has their BBDM software that ships with every device. It allows you to sync over USB.

WP7 doesn't have anything that does USB sync with Outlook (standalone; no Exchange).

If BB represents the business user community, I can't imagine WP7 winning over the majority of business users without a reliable, secure, and non-cloud approach to syncing with Outlook.

This would he a good topic for another thread. Fill free to start one. Lets keep this thread on topic please.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

This post is so misinformed I don't even know where to begin. Out of my thread with it tho!

smapor

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Actions speak louder than words. Who gets the iPhone first? Last? Who does Apple charge the least? The most? How many Apple Stores are in the nation?

Only so many people can afford an iPhone on <$1000 a month salary. Apple has a bunch of other reasons, of course.

No matter if they can afford it or not

Apple will be interested in this market because it's been predicted in this next 20 years China may be the #1 economy in the world, especially when US continues to promote offshore work.

Apple being disinterested in China is laughable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12