05-18-2012 08:49 PM
72 123
tools
    Kantar: Windows Phone climbs to 3-4% market share in major markets, may have overtaken Blackberry in USA | WMPoweruser

Overall this is good news for WP users for now passing the first milestone which was to pass BlackBerry, now with W8/WP8 on the horizon I have no doubts that by next fall we will be catching up to iOS for #2

Absolutely NO negative posting of any kind allowed, you will be reported!
    scottcraft, cedarlog and Old_Cus like this.
    05-15-2012 02:03 PM
    Yay! You can credit me for part of that. I ditched BlackBerry for Windows Phone.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    eric12341, cedarlog and snowmutt like this.
    05-15-2012 02:04 PM
    Yay! You can credit me for part of that. I ditched BlackBerry for Windows Phone.

It also shouldn't be hard courting over more BB users especially since messaging is now equal to or better than BBM because of offline messaging now being added.
    05-15-2012 02:11 PM
    Not to be negative...but I have no idea where they're getting those numbers for RIM in the US... As of the beginning of April, RIM was at 12.3% and MSFT at 3.9%, and these are comscore's most current numbers:

http://www.comscore.com/Press_Events...r_Market_Share

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for WP to pull ahead, but we're not quite there yet.
    05-15-2012 02:12 PM
    March vs April maybe?

05-15-2012 02:15 PM
    This is the first MAJOR step for WP to be successful! However... (I know you said no negative posting :P) This article was posted 4 days ago on WMpoweruser and predicts WP overtaking BB in 5 months... :/ (Windows Phone inching up, Blackberry crashing down; when will the two meet | WMPoweruser)
    05-15-2012 02:15 PM
    Not to be negative...but I have no idea where they're getting those numbers for RIM in the US... As of the beginning of April, RIM was at 12.3% and MSFT at 3.9%, and these are comscore's most current numbers:

comScore Reports March 2012 U.S. Mobile Subscriber Market Share - comScore, Inc

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for WP to pull ahead, but we're not quite there yet.
    This. There's no chance whatsoever RIM lost 10% of its marketshare in a month. These numbers are cracked out.
    05-15-2012 02:23 PM
    well reading every ones articles i came up with this conclusion.

I think that article is claiming that RIm went DOWN , not really saying WP went up

its possible we pass them , last time they(RIM) dropped by 3% ( in December ) now 4 months later... I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped even more!

doesn't mean WP is doing MUCH better it just means that RIM is doing Much worst! lol witch leaves room for WP to grow :) (or Iphone/Android)
    eric12341 and snowmutt like this.
    05-15-2012 02:28 PM

well now the results changed, my article is more current thus making this one irrelevant.
    Last edited by eric12341; 05-15-2012 at 02:50 PM.
    05-15-2012 02:44 PM
    well now the results changed, my article is more current this making this one irrelevant.
    I'm sorry but this article is simply wrong. There is no chance in **** RIM's US market share is 3%. It will be soon, but it isn't yet. There's also not much chance WP's market share is that high.

Windows Phone has 2% or less U.S. market share, say two reports - Computerworld Blogs

Edit: the numbers straight up, for anyone interested.

http://blog.nielsen.com/nielsenwire/?p=31688

11.6% to 3% is an impossible drop without other confirmation.

A third set of data points
    http://www.comscore.com/Press_Events...r_Market_Share

12.3% to 3% would be staggering. It would also mean Nokia has sold a few million phones--if they had, they'd be trumpeting it.
    05-15-2012 02:51 PM
    Absolutely NO negative posting of any kind allowed, you will be reported!

The Bears are going to be terrible this year.
    05-15-2012 02:55 PM
    Click to view quoted image

The Bears are going to be terrible this year.
    palandri...
    HeyCori likes this.
    05-15-2012 03:21 PM
    12.3% to 3% would be staggering. It would also mean Nokia has sold a few million phones--if they had, they'd be trumpeting it.
    Nokia has sold about 2 million Lumia's so far.

Nokia issues Q1 profit warning, moves 2 million Lumia units | ZDNet

The original article this OP's article referenced was from Reuters, which most people consider to be a very reliable news source.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8GEILV20120515

And they do in fact say that RIM's marketshare has dropped from 9% last year down to 3% in the U.S. currently.

EDIT: I just looked at your links again, and that does seem suspect, there's a big discrepancy there and Reuters doesn't cite their source for their numbers. Something's fishy.
    Last edited by socialcarpet; 05-15-2012 at 03:36 PM.
    05-15-2012 03:29 PM

The original article this OP's article referenced was from Reuters, which most people consider to be a very reliable news source.

Google's Android gains share in smartphones-survey | Reuters

And they do in fact say that RIM's marketshare has dropped from 9% last year down to 3% in the U.S. currently.

EDIT: I just looked at your links again, and that does seem suspect, there's a big discrepancy there and Reuters doesn't cite their source for their numbers. Something's fishy.
    Ahh, sorry, I should have been more clear--A few million phones in the US. The US market is ~100 million smartphones right now, to move a percent either way you have to sell ~a million phones. Nokia sold 2 million Lumias worldwide.

Yeah, the numbers just don't add up. I'm not saying that RIM's not losing market share. They are. Fast. But to lose that much would be the equivalent of 10 million people trading in their Blackberries for something else. Which I just don't see happening in a month.
    05-15-2012 03:39 PM
    I'm sorry but this article is simply wrong. There is no chance in **** RIM's US market share is 3%. It will be soon, but it isn't yet. There's also not much chance WP's market share is that high.

Windows Phone has 2% or less U.S. market share, say two reports - Computerworld Blogs

Edit: the numbers straight up, for anyone interested.

America’s New Mobile Majority: a Look at Smartphone Owners in the U.S. | Nielsen Wire

11.6% to 3% is an impossible drop without other confirmation.

A third set of data points

Nothing is impossible,don't be so pessimistic, I usually like and agree with your posts. What a change in this thread, please be mindful of the topic at hand. If that's too hard then don't post here anymore.
    05-15-2012 03:39 PM
    Everything you read on WMPU is the truth.

That said I wouldn't put much stock in the information until it gets posted here.

IJS
    05-15-2012 03:41 PM
    Nothing is impossible,don't be so pessimistic, I usually like and agree with your posts. What a change in this thread, please be mindful of the topic at hand. If that's too hard then don't post here anymore.
    It's not about being pessimistic, it's about being realistic about what's possible or impossible. I just don't buy the idea that 10 million Blackberry users started using something else in the month of April, a month which saw no major phone releases other than the Lumia. I might believe it if the Iphone 5, Galaxy S3 and the Lumia 900 all launched during April, but that's not what happened.

In any case, maybe I'm wrong, but the preponderance of data is on one side.
    mtmjr90 likes this.
    05-15-2012 03:45 PM

And we can also credit Nokia apparently. Lol
    05-15-2012 03:52 PM
    Everything you read on WMPU is the truth.

That said I wouldn't put much stock in the information until it gets posted here.

IJS
    well the news of the T-mobile refarming,LTE rollout and what it means for WP users still hasn't been reported on the front page, it's as true as can be. IJS.
    05-15-2012 03:56 PM

That article says that 2 million were shipped, which isn't the same thing as sold to end users. I'm also wondering how they're getting these numbers.
    05-15-2012 04:02 PM

Trust me it's B.S WM hasn't caught up to BB especially with their OS10 coming.
    05-15-2012 04:46 PM
    First whats WM? Next if you have feedback lets hear it. The OP asked for positive comments. If you don't have a positive comment or a point to make beyond this is BS please move on to another thread.
    05-15-2012 05:54 PM
    Who knows what the numbers are but I'm another long time BlackBerry user who has switched to Windows Phone.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    05-15-2012 06:21 PM
    First whats WM? Next if you have feedback lets hear it. The OP asked for positive comments. If you don't have a positive comment or a point to make beyond this is BS please move on to another thread.
    Heh, every time I listen to a baseball game there's an add for MLB At Bat and it's always "Download MLB At Bat for the latest scores on your Iphone, Ipad, Android, Blackberry or Windows Mobile device"
    05-15-2012 06:22 PM
    OS10 won't increase Blackberry marketshare, at least not until after it's released. As a matter of fact, trickling news and hype regarding OS10 could be a major argument why Blackberry is LOSING significant market share.

Consumers are holding out for the latest OS/phones. RIM may also slow production to liquidate old product and ramp up production of new phones. This effect has been observed across multiple OSes and products, including the iPhone.

This might be one reason why Microsoft has chose to be tight lipped regarding Apollo. It's absolutely the reason why Apple never talks about the next iPhone. RIM is making Nokia's mistake. Talking up a non-existent product too early...
    Last edited by Sentimentgx4; 05-15-2012 at 07:14 PM.
    eric12341 and Aeon2k like this.
    05-15-2012 07:05 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD