05-23-2012 07:37 PM
60 123
tools
    By requiring Zune MS is no better than Apple with iTunes. I use the Zune interface to manage my XBox content and I really hate going into it. Plus, podcast support is iffy at best. Tell me why you shouldn't be able (especially with MS cloud push) to do everything without a PC (even the iPhone has that now). Falling behind in any area is not going to help MS and WP7.
    Nobody saying you shouldn't be able to. Xbox content how, your videos?
    05-21-2012 07:31 AM
    So yeah, there I was in the AT&T store.

I had made my decision and was ready to get... the HTC Titan II!

So I walk up to the counter, and Im all like "yo, whats up baby? Im here to pick up a Titan II."

And she's all "thats a good choice, and might I add, your swagger is both manly and appealing!"

So then she asks me for my Verizon Account number, which I dont know off hand, so I called up Verizon and its like im breaking up with them.

The Verizon guy was like "What do you need your account number for"? And I told him "look here, brah. I want a 16 mp camera and WP running on a big-*** screen. You dont have it".

He got all defensive and was like "yeah we dont have anything like that, yet, but you know, we have phones that record 1080p HD video, so if cameras are important you sh...."

I cut him off "b**tch, did I say I wanted 1080p HD video? I didnt think so. Give me my account number, then go make me a sandwich!"

So I got my number and I started answering all of the AT&T lady's questions. She wanted my phone number, you know, cuz im smooth (it was also required to transfer my number from one carrier to another). Then we started talking about money.

"What kind of data plan do you want"?

"Oh, you know, bout 3 gigs should be good".

"Do you text?"

"You know it"

"We only have one plan for texting. $20 a month for unlimited texts".

"uhhh...oh. Err, can you repeat that? I couldnt hear you over the sound if me s***ting myself..."

And so I backed slowly out of the store, my swagger totally gone and my heart crushed. I got to hold the phone for a few minutes, but that was about it. $20 a month and no other option? Thats crazy. Oh Verizon I spent $5 a month for 250 texts, and I maybe went over twice in 2 years.

I am going to get on my girlfriend's family plan. $95 a month for unlimited texts and 3 gigs of data is not worth it.

But yeah, Titan II it is. I got to mess with both phones for a few minutes and I really just liked the feel of the Titan better. I was surprised how big it WASN'T. I was expecting it to be HUGE, but its pretty light.

Guess I will have to post about how I feel about it in a week or so. I wont be able to get the phone until tomorrow =(
    05-21-2012 09:02 PM
    I too like the Titan II.
    05-22-2012 12:03 AM
    I don't think you can go wrong with either phone. I will admit I've been disappointed with some of the issues I've read about people having with the Nokia. I'm hoping when Verizon gets a Nokia some of these kinks will be worked out. I really want a cyan Nokia with a 4.7 inch screen with a pure view camera running Windows 8. Right now though both the Lumia and the Titan 2 make my Trophy look like a joke.
    05-22-2012 09:05 AM
    I don't think you can go wrong with either phone. I will admit I've been disappointed with some of the issues I've read about people having with the Nokia. I'm hoping when Verizon gets a Nokia some of these kinks will be worked out. I really want a cyan Nokia with a 4.7 inch screen with a pure view camera running Windows 8. Right now though both the Lumia and the Titan 2 make my Trophy look like a joke.
    Both the Titan II and the Lumia 900 are great and I agree you can't go wrong either way.

That said, if you already have a Windows Phone and you're on contract, I would hang in there. Your Trophy might not have the same lustre of the Titan and Lumia, but there are really wonderful things on the horizon. You can count on an amazing Lumia with a high res screen and WP 8 and other great features we all want coming before too long. I'd say by Christmas time, maybe January or February at the latest.
    05-22-2012 12:04 PM
    Both the Titan II and the Lumia 900 are great and I agree you can't go wrong either way.

That said, if you already have a Windows Phone and you're on contract, I would hang in there. Your Trophy might not have the same lustre of the Titan and Lumia, but there are really wonderful things on the horizon. You can count on an amazing Lumia with a high res screen and WP 8 and other great features we all want coming before too long. I'd say by Christmas time, maybe January or February at the latest.
    My wife has an upgrade in November and I've got one in March. If Verizon has WP 8 in November it's going to be mine! To be honest I couldn't see upgrading to a Lumia or Titan at this point with WP 8 just around the corner. The Trophy will do for me until then. Now if I could convince my wife to ditch the iphone.....
    05-22-2012 01:38 PM
    Finally got my actual Titan II. Took forever at AT&T. Once the guy was almost done entering all of the info in to the computer, some other guy walked up and unplugged his machine. I dont know why, but it basically reset the entire process.

I love the phone. Without the case it isnt all that heavy, but the case adds a lot of weight. Its also interesting that the case covers the hardware buttons, so you have to press extra hard for some things. Its especially a pain in the butt for the camera button. Its really hard to tell when you have it half way down.

I am really enjoying messing with the phone. I tried using last.fm for radio last night and it couldnt seem to connect to any stations.

Sky Drive worked. Apparently I have like 3 different Windows Live accounts, so it took me awhile to remember any of them or what the password was. Photos upload to Sky Drive very quickly and look decent. I have the Sky Drive app, so its not that important that I have files stored on the phone.

The speakers are loud, but I would have liked the clarity of the sound to be better. I notice when I am listening to a song or even on speaker phone it can get pretty noisy.

I havent messed with the camera settings much, but the auto settings are about what I expected. It looks great out doors, but only decent in doors. I am sure I can resolve that with more time and experience with it.

Overall I really like the phone and I am glad I got it. Thanks for the help!
    05-23-2012 12:27 PM
    Congratulations and welcome to the club. Now you can edit your profile to show the Titan II as your phone. :)

*if you use your phone as an alarm...be prepared for a loud awakening.
    05-23-2012 12:43 PM
    Aww, I might have a bug. When I have last.fm playing and I try to control it from the shortcuts on the home screen, all it does is lift the lock panel a little. I can't control the radio from there. Has anyone else had this problem?

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express
    05-23-2012 05:55 PM
    Nice man, congrats and welcome to the tribe.
    05-23-2012 07:37 PM
60 123