How to look for a phone number?

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
So, I know there isn't any smart dial function (this is really stupid imo), so does anyone have any alternatives for looking if you have a phone number already associated with a contact? I already tried searching in the People hub, but that didn't work. Any apps perhaps?

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
On mine, when you search the people hub and type in the number, one of the options is to "search Google directory." When I do that, it gives me the contact with that number. Now, of course, I am syncing my contacts to Google.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
On mine, when you search the people hub and type in the number, one of the options is to "search Google directory." When I do that, it gives me the contact with that number. Now, of course, I am syncing my contacts to Google.

I'm using Windows Live, and I don't get that option at all. Frustrating when Microsoft does things like this.

I think rapdialer does what you're looking for.
This actually does exactly what I'm doing for. I think Microsoft should buy these guys and just make this their dialer....

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
My brain stopped memorizing phone numbers when I got my first Palm Pilot. Figured all I needed after that was part of a name or company. Don't seem to have a problem finding a number, using name/company search in the People Hub. Then again, I don't have a thousand name in there. If a number appears with a text, I know it's not someone on my list, so no need to search.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos