So, I know there isn't any smart dial function (this is really stupid imo), so does anyone have any alternatives for looking if you have a phone number already associated with a contact? I already tried searching in the People hub, but that didn't work. Any apps perhaps?
    05-17-2012 10:55 AM
    On mine, when you search the people hub and type in the number, one of the options is to "search Google directory." When I do that, it gives me the contact with that number. Now, of course, I am syncing my contacts to Google.
    05-17-2012 11:00 AM
    I think rapdialer does what you're looking for.
    05-17-2012 12:32 PM
    On mine, when you search the people hub and type in the number, one of the options is to "search Google directory." When I do that, it gives me the contact with that number. Now, of course, I am syncing my contacts to Google.
    I'm using Windows Live, and I don't get that option at all. Frustrating when Microsoft does things like this.

I think rapdialer does what you're looking for.
    This actually does exactly what I'm doing for. I think Microsoft should buy these guys and just make this their dialer....
    05-18-2012 11:47 AM
    You might want to try an app called People Search. I downloaded it last week and I'm liking it.
    ChristyWhite and cedarlog like this.
    05-18-2012 12:45 PM
    You might want to try an app called People Search. I downloaded it last week and I'm liking it.
    Woww, cool tip you post, I've had the People Search installed.

Thanks a lot.;)
    Last edited by ChristyWhite; 06-19-2012 at 04:42 AM.
    05-20-2012 01:28 AM
    People Search great app :)
    05-20-2012 01:39 AM
    I think Microsoft should buy these guys and just make this their dialer....
    I agree! RapDialer is fantastic!
    05-20-2012 09:34 AM
    My brain stopped memorizing phone numbers when I got my first Palm Pilot. Figured all I needed after that was part of a name or company. Don't seem to have a problem finding a number, using name/company search in the People Hub. Then again, I don't have a thousand name in there. If a number appears with a text, I know it's not someone on my list, so no need to search.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
    05-20-2012 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD