Just wanted to ask if I'm the only one having this problem. I can send messages to people who are offline on facebook, but if someone is offline and tries to send me a message, it never arrives. Is this normal behavior?
    05-18-2012 05:01 AM
    Doesn't work AFAIK, though I believe there was a purported leak that offline messaging works with a certain version of Tango. I'm running 8773, so I'll try it out in a second.

I think where Facebook took its messaging runs counter to what Microsoft is doing. I used to use Facebook messaging like WLM, while my inbox was for more personal, thoughtful communication.

Facebook went and combined them, and it really annoys me. If Facebook kept them separate, I'd want a separate interface for the inbox. Now, threaded messaging is a convoluted mess if you want to check any history.
    05-18-2012 07:22 AM
    It seems to be hit or miss at this point, they must still be doing some backend adjustments . That being said about 50% of the offline messages I've gotten are delivered to messaging.
    05-18-2012 12:51 PM
    I seem to be getting all my messages from offline contacts.
    05-18-2012 12:53 PM
    It never worked for me :( It would be sweet if MS could fix this issue, that way I can ditch Whatsapp and all messenger apps. I find fb chat much better because it's cross-platform and I can pickup my conversations when I'm on my PC or my iPad... Plus it's integrated to the message hub, so one less app to open (which is what I love about WP)!
    05-18-2012 04:14 PM
    Within the last few hours I received 3 messages from 3 deferent offline contacts. I know they're offline, because I checked them immediately and it shows them as such. I didn't do anything differently, so im not sure how it initiated.
    05-18-2012 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD