Help getting ALL data from Samsung Focus to Lumia 900

busywithbeans

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,

First post here, so I apologize if this is the wrong area to be asking about this. Also, I apologize in advance for the extremely n00b question, but here goes:

I've owned the Samsung Focus since release day, and I just upgraded to the white Lumia 900 on Wednesday. The guy at AT&T said he couldn't transfer all my data from my old phone to my new one, and that I had to do it in Zune. No problem. However...I can only figure out how to get music, pictures & video from my old phone to my new one. How do I get all my apps, games, texts, etc.? Also...

I don't want all the photos from my phone on my computer (I'm syncing everything on my work computer). But when I go into Zune to delete all the pictures WITHOUT my phone being plugged in, it says "...will be deleted from your device and your computer." I don't want the photos deleted from my phone though - JUST my computer.

Can someone kinda just guide me step by step on how to switch everything over?

Thanks!

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Apps, game saves, texts, and settings will not transfer over. To make reinstalling apps easier you can either download the Reinstaller app or login to your account on Windowsphone.com and reinstall your apps manually.

For more control over Zune syncing open up the Zune software on your PC and go to Settings > Phone > Sync Options > Manual. Alternatively, on the Zune software you can go to Collection > Pictures > Right click on a picture(s) > Never Sync With.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers