New to WinMo. Hi all!

reeneebob

May 18, 2012
Visit site
New to Windows Phone. Hi all!

Hey peeps! I'm new to Windows PHONE - I'm a wireless rep who won a Lumia 710 (and since Bell isn't selling Windows PHONEs anymore) I've unlocked it to use on Bell. I have a long twisty history with phones - went from a Blackberry Pearl 8130 to Curve 8330, Storm 1, Palm Pre, Galaxy S Vibrant, HTC Desire Z, back to the SGS, iPhone 4, BB Bold 9900, and now the Lumia. I'm sim swapping between the iPhone, Bold and Lumia.

So far I am really impressed. The Lumia 710 is so zippy! I've never used a windows phone before but I've been dying to try. Any recommendations?

Edited as I want to avoid an attack.

I got blisters on me fingers! from using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Welcome! The wpcentral app is great... Runpee is great if you go to the movies. It tells you when is a good time to go pee, and also if there's stuff after the credits. I'll be back with more.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi reneebob! :)

You probably know me from Crackberry.

I'd suggest starting here and here.

I've had my L900 since release date last month, so I know some of the apps, but I'm not a pro like some of the other folks who have been here awhile.

BTW, so you don't get flamed, it's Windows Phone; Windows Mobile was the old discontinued OS, like how BBOS is old and QNX is new.

reeneebob

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi reneebob! :)

You probably know me from Crackberry.

I'd suggest starting here and here.

I've had my L900 since release date last month, so I know some of the apps, but I'm not a pro like some of the other folks who have been here awhile.

BTW, so you don't get flamed, it's Windows Phone; Windows Mobile was the old discontinued OS, like how BBOS is old and QNX is new.

Hey Lak! Thought I'd find you here lol. Thanks for the links (and the reminder that its Windows Phone now lol...its habit like calling HP stuff Palm).

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk

M

mkr10001

Don't call it WinMo....it's Windows PHONE not windows Mobile...sheesh

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey Lak! Thought I'd find you here lol. Thanks for the links (and the reminder that its Windows Phone now lol...its habit like calling HP stuff Palm).

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk

You're welcome. :)

Let me know if you have any questions about apps. I'm not sure what kind of apps you might be looking for.

reeneebob

May 18, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded several to start - Runpee (hee!), Wiztile, CBC News, Flixster, the MS Weather app, Creative Studio, Boards Express, Facebook, Twitter, Shazam, the usual suspects. I'm still learning the phone. Once I get used to it (it's SO different from BBOS, iOS and Android, but it reminds me a lot of WebOS) I will definitely hit you up for suggestions.

I love how everything flows though...I wonder if this is what the flow will be like on BB10?

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Oooooooooh... you said WinMo! I'm teeeeeelling... LOL

Welcome to the forum. Don't mind the flamers. Most if them are actually pretty helpful :D

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Twitter wise I like Mehdoh. Carbon is also available and has received great reviews. Since you're coming from WebOs (among others) it should be somewhat familiar...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium