LinkedIn and Twitter account stuck on "Setting up account"

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Some of my LinkedIN and Twitter contacts were not showing up with my account, so I deleted them and tried to re-add them. I did this yesterday, and those accounts are still labeled as "Setting up your account"; I highly doubt it takes a day or more for it to integrate and set up my contacts.

Has anyone run into this problem? I am running the UK Tango ROM on my T-Mobile Lumia 710, so is that why I'm having problems?

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Some of my LinkedIN and Twitter contacts were not showing up with my account, so I deleted them and tried to re-add them. I did this yesterday, and those accounts are still labeled as "Setting up your account"; I highly doubt it takes a day or more for it to integrate and set up my contacts.

Has anyone run into this problem? I am running the UK Tango ROM on my T-Mobile Lumia 710, so is that why I'm having problems?
Delete the account and try again, sometimes it gets hung up and you need to do a new request.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
So I went back to the stock ROM and it is still doing the same thing; it is stuck on "Setting up your account". I wonder if it has to do with the fact I'm using Straight Talk? I set it up before and it worked just fine when I flashed the new Tango ROM, but some contacts weren't showing up so I deleted it and re-added it to see if that would work and now this =(

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
*bumping this thread*

Has anyone else experienced this? I can't get my contacts to show up in the people hub, but when I scroll over to "What's New" it shows updates from all my Twitter and LinkedIN contacts. I have also made sure that I have them enabled to show on my contact list under "filter my contact list option" and have both Twitter and LinkedIN checked. The accounts just sit on "Setting up Your Account" and never show....

psyxonova

May 22, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same issues with both LinkedIn and Twitter. I removed and added the connections several times with no success. I even deleted LinkedIn from my live account, provoked and re-granted access etc. Nothing works...

blehblehbleh

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Had the issue with my LinkedIn account. At the time I believe I had my battery saver on. Turned it off and it synced up quick, if that is even helpful at all.

I should mention though this was after a couple of tries doing what was described in this thread. Deleting the account on the phone and reinvoking permissions for Live to access my LinkedIn account. Also logged into my LinkedIn account to change my password; something I meant to do for a while.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I got it to work by revoking access again and removing the accounts again. I restarted my phone, added the accounts and re-granted permissions, and then they both worked again.

Arie Vianza

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. I got it to work by revoking access again and removing the accounts again. I restarted my phone, added the accounts and re-granted permissions, and then they both worked again.

Hi, I'm using lumia 1520 and have this problem today.
I've read and followed solution on this thread to no avail.
tried: revoke linkedin permission from linkedin website, disconnect/reconnect linkedin via phone and via outlook site, poweroff-on, turned off battery saving, manually sync microsoft account (in hope that linkedin will get synced too) but..... Still the problem persist... saying "Setting up your account" forever... >.<

What should I do??

Arie Vianza

May 17, 2014
Visit site
I started this thread and I had this problem creep back up in the past week lol. Not sure what to do, as I have tried everything I did before...

I Also visit a thread in microsoft forum for this issue. Their replies generally saying that we should wait for them adressing the issue. The thread was started about 3-4 months ago. No solution.

IMHO the problem is the connection between Outlook.com and LinkedIn service. Sync problem in our phones will be fine if that problem was fixed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster