Don't Bash The Noobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Fellow forum members, there are quite a few new members posting for the first time and they are referring to WP7 as "Windows Mobile 7" or something along those lines. Let's not be so quick to chastise them since I'm sure every one of us referred to Windows Phone as "Mobile" at some point.

While I'm on the subject, why are some of you so sensitive to the name? Without WM there would be no WP7 as we know it. Be not ashamed of your heritage for it is you.

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
No way man!!! The Padawans must learn the ways if the Force!!!!! :)

Kinda dumb to get on someone who doesnt know, just be psyched they joined the team!!!

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Considering Windows Mobile's legacy, it's an important distinction. Nonetheless, this is a community, and it's important that we treat each other with respect.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
It's a common error. I have seen other popular sites call Windows Phones, "Windows Mobile 7" or "Windows Mobile 7.5" or waiting for "Windows Mobile 8".

I had Windows Mobile 6.1 on my Palm Treo Pro, so I had a habit of doing it at first.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
We don't need a thread telling people how to post. If someone is rude to another forums member please report the post. The trained moderators here will do the rest.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999