New to the WP7 party.

hobbit25

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

This week I got my very first smartphone, and that just happens to be a brand new Nokia Lumina 800. So far I'm impressed with how fast and smooth it is, will defiantly recommend to friends and family. I do have a question though that I have been unable to find the answer to. Is this phone eligible for a WP8 upgrade or is this type of question carrier specific?

Thanks!

Los

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the best Windows Phone community. Glad to hear your happy with your Windows Phone experience

As far as WP8, No one quite knows which phones will be updated yet. There have been some indications about Lumia 900 getting it but nothing concrete. Stay tuned to WPCentral, the wonderful writers of this site will announce any news regarding WP8 and updates when they have more concrete facts. We will probably not know anything until closer to September

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, no one knows about Windows Phone 8 updates on ANY phone at this point, until Microsoft or the OEM's make official announcements anything else you here is nothing better than uninformed speculation and rumor.

We're all just going to have to sit tight until the fall. Until then, enjoy your phone and welcome aboard!

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
well hopefully will get news SOON ,,, if the TREND is right.

Apollo should be announced officially with in 1 or 2 months , then the DEV will get the BETA/emulator for testing right after , then the update is 3-5 months later

so we SHOULD know with in 1 or 2 months ..:happy:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos