Consumers Reports has recommended the Nokia Lumia 900 The article was fairly complementary of the Lumia 900 and Windows Phone 7.5 (Mango) in general. I think it could go a long way towards helping win some new converts to the platform since a lot of people swear by Consumers Reports recommendations and advice.

Some highlights:

"I can comfortably say that [the Lumia 900] is the best Windows phone I've tried so far."

"The Lumia's 4.3-inch ClearBlack AMOLED display is stunning."

"The new version of the Windows Phone 7 (Mango) OS, Version 7.5 ... is much better than previous versions. It has a greatly improved ability to interact with our network-connected world."

"The Windows Phone OS has the best-looking fonts of any smart phone platform."

"The Nokia Lumia 900 looks like an excellent choice for tapping into the increasingly compelling experience of the Windows Phone operating system."

You can read the whole article here:

First look review: Nokia Lumia 900 is the best Windows phone so far

CR also featured the Lumia 900 was also recommended as one of the "Top 7 Electronic Gifts for Dads and Grads"

Top 7 electronics gifts for dads and grads
    05-22-2012 08:07 PM
    What kills me is people act like the Lumia 900 is running an OS different from other mango phones. The Nokia Lumia 900 get praise for mango when other mango phones released in fall didn't get that praise. Lol

It's hilarious how 1 phone can change the perception of the people. All that's different about the Lumia 900 is the hardware but yet they act like Lumia 900 was the first with mango. Lol
    eric12341 likes this.
    05-22-2012 08:19 PM
    Good catch! I normally would be very happy about this but I don't like Consumer Reports much after reading some of their reviews the last couple years. Last summer, they actually said that the Asus Transformer was one of the least versatile tablets (best tablet dock ever ring a bell?)...That said, this is good press.
    05-22-2012 08:24 PM
    What kills me is people act like the Lumia 900 is running an OS different from other mango phones. The Nokia Lumia 900 get praise for mango when other mango phones released in fall didn't get that praise. Lol

It's hilarious how 1 phone can change the perception of the people. All that's different about the Lumia 900 is the hardware but yet they act like Lumia 900 was the first with mango. Lol
    Very true. Just shows that the important part in gaining market share is getting attention. Really doesn't matter how you get that attention.
    05-22-2012 08:27 PM

I think the main reason for this is because the L900 is the first Mango device that has really had any marketing here in the US. I still have not seen any ads for any other Mango devices on TV, nor have any heard any ads for other Mango devices on the radio.
    05-22-2012 08:33 PM
    I think the main reason for this is because the L900 is the first Mango device that has really had any marketing here in the US. I still have not seen any ads for any other Mango devices on TV, nor have any heard any ads for other Mango devices on the radio.
    Well The HTC Radar, Nokia Lumia 710 and even Samsung Focus Flash have had some air time. All came with mango
    05-22-2012 08:54 PM
    I have the 900 and the radar. The radar is just way to small for me but the camera blows the 900 away. Consumer Reports must not have used the camera. I also hate the power button location. With all the buttons on the right side it feels cluttered. Still the 900 is a solid phone with exclusive (fragmented) apps.
    05-22-2012 09:54 PM
    Well The HTC Radar, Nokia Lumia 710 and even Samsung Focus Flash have had some air time. All came with mango
    I've never seen or heard any ads for those devices on local TV and radio here.
    05-23-2012 12:04 AM

After the first wave of phones came out (almost 2 years ago), most of us early adopters agreed that we needed that one flagship or hero phone to drop in order for the platform to take off. We finally have it. We should just be happy that WP is finally getting the recognition it deserves. I'm sure in time, Lumia's success will trickle down to HTC and Samsung phones as people slowly migrate to WP and realize there are devices besides Nokia.
    05-23-2012 01:25 AM
    I agree. I believe more exposure can only help Windows Phone.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    05-23-2012 01:46 AM
    After the first wave of phones came out (almost 2 years ago), most of us early adopters agreed that we needed that one flagship or hero phone to drop in order for the platform to take off. We finally have it. We should just be happy that WP is finally getting the recognition it deserves. I'm sure in time, Lumia's success will trickle down to HTC and Samsung phones as people slowly migrate to WP and realize there are devices besides Nokia.
    Hey I'm not complaining. I own a Lumia 900. I just find it funny that the Lumia 900 is getting praise for it's OS cause there's plenty of other great Windows Phones that run the same OS that don't get that same praise. The Focus S and Titan are also great phones that run the same exact OS but for those phones all people could focus on was it's shortcomings and lack of apps. It's a double standard all of a sudden. That's all I'm saying
    05-23-2012 06:19 PM
    Hey I'm not complaining. I own a Lumia 900. I just find it funny that the Lumia 900 is getting praise for it's OS cause there's plenty of other great Windows Phones that run the same OS that don't get that same praise. The Focus S and Titan are also great phones that run the same exact OS but for those phones all people could focus on was it's shortcomings and lack of apps. It's a double standard all of a sudden. That's all I'm saying
    I believe it all comes down to marketing. The really was no marketing for the Focus S or original Titan. I never heard of either of those until I joined wpcentral.

I knew about the L900 and the Titan II, since I followed CES 2012.

Although the L900 and the Titan II were released on the same date, I have not seen or heard any ads for the Titan II in local media. The L900 is advertised here.
    05-23-2012 06:54 PM
    I believe it all comes down to marketing. The really was no marketing for the Focus S or original Titan. I never heard of either of those until I joined wpcentral.

I knew about the L900 and the Titan II, since I followed CES 2012.

Although the L900 and the Titan II were released on the same date, I have not seen or heard any ads for the Titan II in local media. The L900 is advertised here.
    Still no excuse. These aren't normal people. We are talking about people who keep up with the tech world through the net like we do but do it for a living, then review and recommend products to their readers. They've always acted funny towards WP, now all of a sudden it's cool
    05-23-2012 07:01 PM
    Still no excuse. These aren't normal people. We are talking about people who keep up with the tech world through the net like we do but do it for a living, then review and recommend products to their readers. They've always acted funny towards WP, now all of a sudden it's cool
    I'm not sure. I do not subscribe to Consumer Reports. If I'm buying an appliance, I'll borrow my neighbor's issue to check out whether the GE or the Maytag is better. I never got the impression that Consumer Reports was that much of a big name or that reliable of a source on anything high tech like smartphones or computers.
    05-23-2012 07:05 PM
    I'm not sure. I do not subscribe to Consumer Reports. If I'm buying an appliance, I'll borrow my neighbor's issue to check out whether the GE or the Maytag is better. I never got the impression that Consumer Reports was that much of a big name or that reliable of a source on anything high tech like smartphones or computers.
    That's not the point. Doesn't matter what they are a reliable source for. The point is they influence their readers. I'm not pointing out Consumer Reports, I'm speaking about tech sites in general. This isn't the 90's. More people follow tech news than ever before today, and a lot of tech sites haven't really been in favor of Windows Phone until Lumia 900
    05-23-2012 07:12 PM
    That's not the point. Doesn't matter what they are a reliable source for. The point is they influence their readers. I'm not pointing out Consumer Reports, I'm speaking about tech sites in general. This isn't the 90's. More people follow tech news than ever before today, and a lot of tech sites haven't really been in favor of Windows Phone until Lumia 900
    Ahh. Gotcha now. You're right about tech sites. I would not consider Consumer Reports to be a tech site (it's where I go for non-tech stuff), but it's true that the tech sites have not paid much attention to Mango prior to the L900.
    05-23-2012 07:25 PM
    When Samsung drops a WP8 uberphone late this year its gonna be on like Donkey Kong!!!

05-23-2012 07:32 PM
    I'm more interested to see what Nokia comes up with. I just expect Samsung to make another android phone for WP8. We have no idea what Nokia is going to do for WP8, and that is more exciting to me
    05-23-2012 07:36 PM
    I'd expect to see a Samsung WP8. Samsung will need something other than Android now that Google owns Motorola.

05-23-2012 07:46 PM
    Well there is no question that we are going to see a Samsung WP8 phone. The question is will it be original or just a remake of their android design? Samsung has not givien me any reason to get excited for them as far as originality. Now Nokia on the other hand has. Every single Lumia from the 610 to the 900 are completely different from anything out there in their respective markets. With Nokia making original unique hardware designs and maybe even having PureView on board, Nokia could be the one to watch out for. People tend to forget the Lumia line so far have been rushed phones. I believe Nokia's WP8 phones will be the first phones they actually took their time with for Windows Phone
    05-23-2012 08:05 PM
    I think some of Nokia's apps do differentiate it from the other Windows Phones.

The look and build quality of the Lumia 900 is also top notch. That thing is just plain beautiful, plain and simple.

It's like looking at Jessica Alba compared to Minnie Driver. If you interact with their user interface items you'll probably have a pretty similar experience. But you're going to sing the praises of Jessica Alba just because she's so damn beautiful.
    ninjaap likes this.
    05-23-2012 09:31 PM
    Mmmmmmm... Jessica Albaaaaa...
    eric12341 likes this.
    05-23-2012 09:40 PM
    mmmmmmm... Jessica albaaaaa...
    +1
    05-23-2012 10:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD