so, i was doing poking around with some different weather apps on my lumia 900 and after i had installed the weather channel app i noticed a quicker battery drain on my phone.

i launched my diagnostics app on my phone and i was hitting between a
    300-750ma drain! i unpinned the live tile app for the weather channel and the results came in at 175 (at best)-300!

i uninstalled the weather channel app and retest, results were 85-95ma drain, wow!
    i then installed amazing weather app, pinned live tile and retest, again 85-95ma drain.

so, if there are some of you using the weather channel app, and having some quick battery drain, this might be your guy?

regards
    Last edited by axispraxis; 05-23-2012 at 12:55 PM.
    05-22-2012 09:41 PM
    Been using Weather Channel, with background task enabled, almost since I got my Surround 18 months ago. Currently running on my Lumia. When I go to Diagnostics I usually hover between 95-120ma, with occasional spikes for Email sync (5) and other background tasks. At home, overnight I average 2.25% drain per hour. At the office (weaker LTE signal) I average 3.5% during the day. What is your average (phone sleeping) battery drain.

I will be running some controlled tests on my eight background tasks next week. Should have definitive info after testing. Previous tests showed less than 1% drain per hour for all my background tasks (on my Surround).

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
    05-22-2012 10:11 PM
    Been using Weather Channel, with background task enabled, almost since I got my Surround 18 months ago. Currently running on my Lumia. When I go to Diagnostics I usually hover between 95-120ma, with occasional spikes for Email sync (5) and other background tasks. At home, overnight I average 2.25% drain per hour. At the office (weaker LTE signal) I average 3.5% during the day. What is your average (phone sleeping) battery drain.

I will be running some controlled tests on my eight background tasks next week. Should have definitive info after testing. Previous tests showed less than 1% drain per hour for all my background tasks (on my Surround).

appears that my battery drain sleeping is 2%. have one email account sync, also a few background task working.
    05-23-2012 08:08 AM
    Sorry, can't quote (damn Board Express). Thanks for that feedback, and good to know there is some consistency amongst devices. So I assume that 2%/hour drain/sleeping is with Weather Channel uninstalled?

05-23-2012 08:24 AM
    Sorry, can't quote (damn Board Express). Thanks for that feedback, and good to know there is some consistency amongst devices. So I assume that 2%/hour drain/sleeping is with Weather Channel uninstalled?

that's correct. like i said, it was consistently staying a high drain. once uninstalled, phone back to normal.

you said that you also use the weather channel app, and your battery drain is no where in this range (95-120). just curious why this app appears to do this on my lumia? :dry
    05-23-2012 08:48 AM
    How are you folks getting the diagnostic information on battery drain? Is that through an app or through an capability inherent to the phone? I'd like to check the battery drain on my device as well. Thanks in advance!
    05-23-2012 09:22 AM
    How are you folks getting the diagnostic information on battery drain? Is that through an app or through an capability inherent to the phone? I'd like to check the battery drain on my device as well. Thanks in advance!
    on your phone, dial ##634# and it will push/unlock the app. once opened you can use the battery status feature. there are other features as well with in the diagnostic app.
    Xerxes10 likes this.
    05-23-2012 09:46 AM

jimski, I've wondered whether having the people, picture, and other active tiles on your first, most-used screen, vs. a lower position, affects battery life differentially. Perhaps, you can include this variable in your weatherchannel tests. Thanks in any event; I'll be watching for your report.
    05-23-2012 10:40 AM
    on your phone, dial ##634# and it will push/unlock the app. once opened you can use the battery status feature. there are other features as well with in the diagnostic app.
    Thanks!
    05-23-2012 10:02 PM
    jimski, I've wondered whether having the people, picture, and other active tiles on your first, most-used screen, vs. a lower position, affects battery life differentially. Perhaps, you can include this variable in your weatherchannel tests. Thanks in any event; I'll be watching for your report.
    That's interesting. Never thought of that. My top 8 tiles on the L900 are mostly built-in stuff and email accounts. It does include the People and Weather Channel tiles though. The next 8 get the most use though, with 2 flipping news apps, Mehdoh, a flipping Folder (homebrew) tile, and CleverToDo. With 44 tiles, and 17 of them moving/flipping, there is always something happening on my screen.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    05-23-2012 10:46 PM
    ##634# doesn't work on my titan II is there another code for the T2?

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express
    05-23-2012 11:40 PM
    ##634# doesn't work on my titan II is there another code for the T2?

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express
    Didn't work on the HD7 as well.
    05-24-2012 03:43 AM
    Didn't work on the HD7 as well.
    sorry for the confusion guys. the ##634# is for the nokia phones, i should have stated that in my earlier post, my apologies :blush:
    05-24-2012 07:48 AM
    Where do you see battery drain?
    05-24-2012 10:12 AM
    Oh, it works for my focus s.

##634#

then

*#2*#
    05-24-2012 10:14 AM
    Which one is the battery drain? I don't see it on my battery debug screens.
    05-24-2012 02:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD