Internet Explorer Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

kawadatoshiaki

May 23, 2012
Visit site
Today I've developed a problem with my Omnia 7 that I can't seem to solve.

Whenever I try to open Internet Explorer, it doesn't open. When I click on the tile, the animation occurs as if it's about to open up, but then a split second later it stops and it doesn't open up.

I've tried switching the phone on and off on a number of occasions but that didn't make a difference. I can't uninstall it because it's a built-in app and it can't be downloaded from Marketplace. The only option might be to hard reset it but I REALLY don't want to do that because of having to then go back and install everything all over again.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas for how I can solve the issue?

Thanks.

undisputed n00b

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
This happened to my samsung focus shortly after the mango update. Microsoft told me to revert to a previous version with Zune and that worked but only for about 1-2 months. Then it happened again. Now more and more people have begun to have this problem and somebody on XDA discovered that all you have to do to fix it is to go to settngs>internet explorer> change open links from other apps to open links in The current tab.

This is my first post on Microsoft answers that suggested rolling back to a previous update then upgrading again: Internet explorer 9 crashing - Microsoft Answers

This is my second post after IE9 had crashed for the 3rd time for me: internet explorer 9 crashing - Microsoft Answers

A person from XDA actually replied to my second post and sent me to the XDA forum thread that had the solution. Here is the link to the youtube video so you can do it: Internet Explorer problem (won't open) on WP7 7.5 - YouTube

I even contacted @windowsphonesupport on twitter and they were of no help at all. I even posted on the AT&T forums and AT&T gave up on me. I also contacted @attcustomercare and they gave up on me.

I cant say if this is a permanent solution because I now have a Lumia 900 and no longer use my focus.

kawadatoshiaki

May 23, 2012
Visit site
This happened to my samsung focus shortly after the mango update. Microsoft told me to revert to a previous version with Zune and that worked but only for about 1-2 months. Then it happened again. Now more and more people have begun to have this problem and somebody on XDA discovered that all you have to do to fix it is to go to settngs>internet explorer> change open links from other apps to open links in The current tab.

This is my first post on Microsoft answers that suggested rolling back to a previous update then upgrading again: Internet explorer 9 crashing - Microsoft Answers

This is my second post after IE9 had crashed for the 3rd time for me: internet explorer 9 crashing - Microsoft Answers

A person from XDA actually replied to my second post and sent me to the XDA forum thread that had the solution. Here is the link to the youtube video so you can do it: Internet Explorer problem (won't open) on WP7 7.5 - YouTube

I even contacted @windowsphonesupport on twitter and they were of no help at all. I even posted on the AT&T forums and AT&T gave up on me. I also contacted @attcustomercare and they gave up on me.

I cant say if this is a permanent solution because I now have a Lumia 900 and no longer use my focus.
Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, changing the setting back to 'current tab' has done the trick and it's working fine now. It's clearly an annoying little bug that needs to be fixed in the next update.

Kormiko

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
IE bug -- Tabs not working.

I know this is was posted in May, but just to throw in my two cents: I also have that same problem now on my Focus.

I already had it set to Open Links from other Apps in the Current Tab, so getting into IE wasn't a problem. However, Tabs in IE stopped working. I can't open a new Tab, nor open a link into a New Tab. :confused:

When I switched to Open Links from other Apps to a New Tab, I cannot open IE at all as was mentioned by OP. It does that animation, but that's it. This doesn't appear to be a OEM specific issue.

I'm guessing that a certain 3rd party App which can open IE links caused this bug, but I really don't know for sure. It's not a huge deal, but it is kinda annoying. I'd rather not re-do my phone since I'm due for an upgrade next month.

Raul Andrei Scortea

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Omnia 7 Internet problem

Hello,

I have the same problem with my Omnia 7. Internet Explorer crashes right after i tap the IE tab. I disabled open all links in new tab from setting, cleared my history, reset the phone....still not working. Other browsers are not working as well. I have the same problem with my yahoo mail account. I can see the inbox but when i tap a certain message it crashes the same way as IE. The facebook app on the other hand works fine, so there are no connection problems. What can I do? Thanks.

Firmware rev nr: 2424.11.11.2

Wilf2go

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Today I've developed a problem with my Omnia 7 that I can't seem to solve.

Whenever I try to open Internet Explorer, it doesn't open. When I click on the tile, the animation occurs as if it's about to open up, but then a split second later it stops and it doesn't open up.

I've tried switching the phone on and off on a number of occasions but that didn't make a difference. I can't uninstall it because it's a built-in app and it can't be downloaded from Marketplace. The only option might be to hard reset it but I REALLY don't want to do that because of having to then go back and install everything all over again.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas for how I can solve the issue?

Thanks.

I've got EXACTLY the same problem on my Omnia 7 WP7.
Thank you to Undisputed Noon for the advice and helpful video. Let's hope it's fixed fully on the next update.

If you've had this problem too.... It may be worth you noting it, so the fault becomes noticed by those people why monitor software problems.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
A soft restart always fixed this for me (power down your phone, then power ir back up)
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Aminur Izzuan

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Didn't work for me.

My phone crashed a few times before that. Can't answer calls and stuck on the lock screen until the ringing stopped. And then another one when I was browsing picture gallery..same thing, I can scroll through the pictures, but can't do anything else until the ringing stopped. After that the phone shut itself off and won't start, until charged the phone.IE work for a while, but then somehow it crash, and I can't open IE. I reverted back to my backup(before the 7.8 update), and all is well again. Tried to update, but it says no update available and I was lazy at the time to do the force update workaround thing. I think I might just stick to old 7.5. Far more responsive compared to 7.8.

Using HTC Radar.

jayshree agale

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I just went to setting -<IE->Change open links In Current tab and deleted history...it worked fine..mobile repair centre has asked me to format..
This site really helped me..
Thanks again:):smile:

Gregory Zhukovsky

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
My IE crushes every time I try to enter any site.. All of the browser based apps (like google search, babylon translator etc) also crash just when I try to enter them.
When I try to apply the workaround that's mentioned above, IE throws me out from advanced settings without even showing them to me.

Any new suggestions? I hate the idea to make the hard reset :(((

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers