Windows Phone 8 *might* have limited Flash support

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
That would be good news. Especially since it's not a plug-in, but instead built into the browser. I imagine performance would be streamlined.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
well considering that flash is DEAD! I doubt that very much.

not to mention Paul Thurrott wrote that , I have respect for Rafael Rivera

but Paul ,I have ZERO confidence in him and hes the #1 rumor starter for WP! ....

no offense but ill believe it when I see it..

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
The rumors of Flash being dead are greatly exaggerated.

It's going to be several years before Flash is phased out. That's an eternity in smartphone time.

Seketh

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site

but Paul ,I have ZERO confidence in him and hes the #1 rumor starter for WP! ....

From the screenshots he posted in recent articles (like in Windows 8 Feature Focus: Tiles) he's using a build of Windows 8 that isn't available to the general public, it seems to be the Release Preview coming out in June.

I don't trust him either, he's just another geek wanting Microsoft to stick with it's old ways, but this one seems to be solid.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
ok yeah , its not DEAD! but site/dev's are moving away from it and so are major players like Google and Apple.

if MS brings in flash just to be different..... i dunno, it could fail.

and like i said , ill believe it when i see it. lol

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
ok yeah , its not DEAD! but site/dev's are moving away from it and so are major players like Google and Apple.

if MS brings in flash just to be different..... i dunno, it could fail.

and like i said , ill believe it when i see it. lol

There is definitely a move away from Flash. Mainly because it's a resource hog. But for now, HTML5 isn't even really close to being as functional.

If Adobe could get Flash to be a part of more browsers, eliminating the need for a plug-in, we might actually see a resurgence. At least long enough to where we can use it until HTML5 is robust enough to replace it.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Also Paul Thurrott is the #1 basher of Windows Phone, even more than Joshua Topolsky at the Verge.

Jeff Kibuule

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Also Paul Thurrott is the #1 basher of Windows Phone, even more than Joshua Topolsky at the Verge.

Paul's job isn't to be a Microsoft cheerleader, it's to be critical of the companies he reports on. Since he has had interaction with the Windows team, he has to be critical so they don't make mistakes. That's it.

I don't think he'd willingly bash the platform he personally uses for fun.

Oh, and there won't be Flash for Windows Phone 8. Adobe has already dropped support for it on mobile, and there's no expectation for it to work on mobile anymore (Chrome for Android doesn't support it at all).

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
If flash runs well I'd be ok with it, but I don't really miss it. I don't know how the newer android phones with dual core processors handle flash, but it was horrible on my motorola droid, even when overclocked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster