Should I leave Android

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
barney.gif

tekhna

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Of course people are buying windows phones. What r u 7?. U the trolling machine?. Go away man. Don't get why u r even here. People don't care much about specs. They want something that works. Even you know that. And I don't think you like wp. You're a fat liar.

So much anger on this forum.

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Of course people are buying windows phones. What r u 7?. U the trolling machine?. Go away man. Don't get why u r even here. People don't care much about specs. They want something that works. Even you know that. And I don't think you like wp. You're a fat liar.

Calling someone a troll is trolling and that's against the rules. I'm not in the business of reporting posts like some people love to here, but I thought I'd just give you a heads up.

It's not something the MODs here tend to tolerate. Lock it up.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
P.S. Microsoft collects as much data as Google, and if you don't think they monetize it then you don't have a clue how that all works. You think they're in the business of throwing money down the toilet, since otherwise that is exactly what they would be doing providing free service with literally no revenue stream.

hmm not really , Google is allot less secured and they take more *personal* info then MS.
its a HUGE problem and every single gadget website talks about it, lol

Windows? Phone Privacy Statement

compare Google's NEW policies:

http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/

ether way its all evil .. big brother any one?? .. 5 more years and you wont be able to take a **** with out every one knowing about it half way across the world.

Last edited:

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
As far as Google and Microsoft sharing data, both are evil, I just think Microsoft is less evil. I have quite a number of apps on my phone that ask for access to my location. Some of this is unavoidable with a smartphone. I stopped using android because my motorola droid was junk and I didn't like the android phones that were out at that time, not because I was concerned about Google spying on me.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Calling someone a troll is trolling and that's against the rules. I'm not in the business of reporting posts like some people love to here, but I thought I'd just give you a heads up.

It's not something the MODs here tend to tolerate. Lock it up.

His remarks are absolutely uncalled for, he hasn't said a single constructive thing.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I came from a Sony Xperia X10. It was a kludge of a phone. I now have a Samsung Focus S. I'm not totally sold of Windows Phone. Here are some differences you will notice.

1) There's no easy Wifi, BT, GPS toggle. You've got to go through the Settings menu rather than quickly going to a widget.
2) You can't modify the Wifi sleep policy. The only workaround is to set the screen timeout time to the max (5 minutes).
3) The info bar disappears...not that battery info is easily accessible anyways...
4) Obviously, many apps are missing and the ones that exist are not as smooth or well developed.
5) The phone will "integrate/sync" all your contacts. If you're one who wants things kept separate (like me), you're screwed. :dry
6) For me, battery life is the same...they're smartphones.
7) A lack of customization for the better.

What you get in exchange is speed, fluidity, and less time wasted modifying the OS.

1. yes there is! like 20apps you can get that does this. PIN to start and activate. 2 steps instead of 4 and scrolling around the menus

2) if your downloading or connected via AC/USB wire it wont disconnect. (this is done on purposes so you dont kill your battery.same thing with WIFI sync you need to be connected)

3) use your finger to slide down from top it comes back!! and if your in a APP, MOST APPS allows you to keep the BAR active in their settings!!!

:happy:

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
not to create more useless post so please do not reply to this , keep it on topic.

ok but what does that have to do with this thread? Seriously just stop, if you aren't serious or dedicated to WP and are just going to post negative things then you shouldn't be posting here.

as much as I hate it , hes 100% allowed to post negative thing ( I agree that's its annoying cause its always the same people but w/e ) try to have your eyes walk right by does post ok? ;)

thanks

He's a self-confessed troll whose sole purpose is to rile up Windows Phone users by attempting to tear down the platform. Good indication of the state of moderation on this site is, it's 100% by the rulebook ("do not swear do not double post do not advertise") and 0% on better judgement.
Goddamn I miss Backstage.

your comment alone in worthy of an infraction , and if we where 100% by the RULES here, well this thread would have been closed a long time ago and allot of you would have been given infractions by now. but that's not the case or the point, we want people to have fun.

Quote from out FEARLESS LEADER regarding the rules!!
There I posted them no one ever ask me to do it again anywhere else on these forums... I hate Rules... Now to the Forums Rules blatantly copied from the Android Central Forums.
normaly if we sound strict on a topic its cause it was reported by an other member.

1. we support arguments , actually we encourage it!!! as long as its civil.

2. we might sound strict , but when people start name calling instead of of a CONSTRUCTIVE argument , that's where we draw the line.

3. if you swear or insult some one and you get reported, YOU WILL get an INFRACTION! unless its not really that bad.

4. like EVERY SINGLE mobile forum , duplicated threads are NOT tolerated and will be MERGE or DELETED! that's just common sense.people that post on forums 99% of the time dont search or read before posting! and Do you want 100threads with the same topic and have to read over 300pages to find one answer? dint think so.

5: this is a FAMILY web site, , so please keep it civil! (swearing and personal insults) we have kids on the site! if thats to much to ask then expect to get a infraction and possibly banned.. ( PS mods dont report , members do )

:happy: :excl: Civil , Clean and Fun!! :excl::happy:

thanks , and enjoy! :happy:

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
But, inherently, something is wrong with Android. I feel like I have to babysit it and constantly monitor it to make sure everything is working correctly. I've almost become consumed by it. WP7 is supposed to be exactly the opposite it seems. It's simple and easy from what I can tell.

This is precisely how I feel. I gave up some capabilities by moving to Windows Phone no doubt, but I haven't missed any of them. My phone is a pleasure to live with on a day-to-day basis and so much more well thought out than the cluster*** of Android, I wouldn't trade that piece of mind for anything.

Windows Phone is like the zen rock garden of smartphone OS's.

Sure, it doesn't have bumper cars and cotton candy, but it's far more picturesque and serene than the tacky theme park of Android could ever be. It's more than the sum of it's parts.

I have literally noticed I am calmer and less agitated using this phone than any other I've owned. I'd be willing to bet if they did some hidden camera study of people using Androids and people using Windows Phones, you would see most of the people on Android knitting their brows and spending far more time squinting at the screen and knitting their brows while the Windows Phone users do a few calm swipes, glance and get on with their lives. It all depends on what kind of experience you want to have.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
It depends on what your requirements are. If you don't require more than what a WP7 device can offer, then why not take the plunge?

I'm getting the Vivid moving on from an HD7. It meets all my requirements (ICS, 1080p + 720p in 60FPS + Slow Motion Mode on a really good camera, Dual Core + HSPA+/LTE, qHD resolution screen, 16GB + SD Slot, FFC for Skype, Sense has all the Social Integration I used on WP7 and more).

The 60 FPS recording is clutch. I need that for video analysis and it will let me drop one more device I carry with me. I took some samples and emailed them to myself, the quality was very good in dubious lighting.

P.S. Microsoft collects as much data as Google, and if you don't think they monetize it then you don't have a clue how that all works. You think they're in the business of throwing money down the toilet, since otherwise that is exactly what they would be doing providing free service with literally no revenue stream.

Microsoft is in the Ad and Search market, just like Google. They are just the underdogs. Everyone always loves the underdogs :p

Cool. Have fun.

Why don't you and Tekhna go over to the Phandroid forums already and leave this place in peace? You contribute nothing. You undermine morale. All either of you do is blow Android gas out your rear ends all over this forum. No one cares. No one wants to read it.

Why are you here?

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Cool. Have fun.

Why don't you and Tekhna go over to the Phandroid forums already and leave this place in peace? You contribute nothing. You undermine morale. All either of you do is blow Android gas out your rear ends all over this forum. No one cares. No one wants to read it.

Why are you here?

He was banned from XDA for doing this same exact thing.

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
As far as Google and Microsoft sharing data, both are evil, I just think Microsoft is less evil. I have quite a number of apps on my phone that ask for access to my location. Some of this is unavoidable with a smartphone. I stopped using android because my motorola droid was junk and I didn't like the android phones that were out at that time, not because I was concerned about Google spying on me.

I disagree, I think Microsoft is much more evil than Google. If Google were more evil they would be the ones making money from each WP7 sale and not the other way around. But when you are an ad company playing in the tech industry these things can happen.

How much does Microsoft get from HTC and Samsung from each Android device sale again?

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I disagree, I think Microsoft is much more evil than Google. If Google were more evil they would be the ones making money from each WP7 sale and not the other way around. But when you are an ad company playing in the tech industry these things can happen.

How much does Microsoft get from HTC and Samsung from each Android device sale again?

Lol, if that's your definition of evil, then Apple would probably be the most evil. :p

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

lol, yeah, that's the thing, if people want Microsoft to succeed, they should be encouraging Android. Microsoft makes $$$$ off Android.

what an ignorant response? How is wanting compensation for usage of property being evil? Pretty sure both of y'all would be mad if your neighbors would take your car without asking or running an extension cord to their house without asking. Pathetic!

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Cool. Have fun.

Why are you here?

I am having fun with my new phone :p Too much fun to even bother responding to this at any decent level.

If I undermind morale here, then people need psychiatrists more than they seem to think they need fanboys.

Also eric has been through about 5 screen names on XDA :p

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure if I went to Android Central/Crackberry/iMore and boasted about how my WinPho experience is much better than my *insert competition* experience 90% of the time REPETITIVELY, I'd be temporarily banned by now. Matter of fact, I got banned from Crackberry for side tracking a topic because this roaring fanatc was placing labels on folks and disrespecting people. Some of y'all leashes are running a little long. And all this word play about how you're NOT trying to garner reactions out of people is even more insulting. It's obvious, and some are more easier to get those kind of responses out of them. But if that's how you spend your free time........

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm pretty sure if I went to Android Central/Crackberry/iMore and boasted about how my WinPho experience is much better than my *insert competition* experience 90% of the time REPETITIVELY, I'd be temporarily banned by now. Matter of fact, I got banned from Crackberry for side tracking a topic because this roaring fanatc was placing labels on folks and disrespecting people. Some of y'all leashes are running a little long. And all this word play about how you're NOT trying to garner reactions out of people is even more insulting. It's obvious, and some are more easier to get those kind of responses out of them. But if that's how you spend your free time........

Exactly,I don't know why this site thinks this kinda thing is ok, it's not and even XDA is beginning to crackdown on it. It's not good for people who enjoy WP,and it's also not good for the person who started this thread or for anyone who comes here for questions about coming to WP.

I predict a shut down of this thread within 6 hours from now.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site

if I remember correctly, its between 5-15$ a unit depending on the OEM and the Intellectual Property they *borrow* from Microsoft

and apple is much more EVIL! they actually tried to BAN ALL android Phones from being Sold in the U.S.A .. Microsoft is just taking money instead :) lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb