Should I leave Android

mdintx

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
1. yes there is! like 20apps you can get that does this. PIN to start and activate. 2 steps instead of 4 and scrolling around the menus

2) if your downloading or connected via AC/USB wire it wont disconnect. (this is done on purposes so you dont kill your battery.same thing with WIFI sync you need to be connected)

3) use your finger to slide down from top it comes back!! and if your in a APP, MOST APPS allows you to keep the BAR active in their settings!!!

:happy:

1) Sure, you can get an app to launch wifi or gps and pin to the start menu.What I've done is pinned the Settings option. It cuts down on swiping. None of it is as elegant a power control widget.

2) With respect to the wifi sleep policy, sure you can stay connected via AC/USB. Again, WP7 system makes you have to do something that's a non-issue with Android.

3) And yes, you can swipe down to make the info bar come back...but then it goes away again. So you have to swipe down to make it come back...but then it goes away again. So you have to swipe down...but then it goes away again... Of the apps I most frequently use, only WP Central allows you to lock the system tray and that is cool. On most of the other apps, the system tray isn't even displayed. It's a bit of a bummer.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
1) Sure, you can get an app to launch wifi or gps and pin to the start menu.What I've done is pinned the Settings option. It cuts down on swiping. None of it is as elegant a power control widget.

2) With respect to the wifi sleep policy, sure you can stay connected via AC/USB. Again, WP7 system makes you have to do something that's a non-issue with Android.

3) And yes, you can swipe down to make the info bar come back...but then it goes away again. So you have to swipe down to make it come back...but then it goes away again. So you have to swipe down...but then it goes away again... Of the apps I most frequently use, only WP Central allows you to lock the system tray and that is cool. On most of the other apps, the system tray isn't even displayed. It's a bit of a bummer.

1) im not talking about the *settings*, you can have direct access to your wifi with this app: Connection Tiles , then you can PIN , wifi , BT , airplane mode ,cellular etc... independently. witch comes out to be as fast if not faster then then Android and Iphones way of doing it. witch is open the widget and then activate WIFI ( same thing as WP)

2) regarding the WIFI sleep , I just notice that my phone ( not sure if its just me LOL ) but when it goes to sleep mode my WIFI stays on , it doesn't disconnect. AT ALL. maybe they updated that? lol weird. :straight: OR this is the FIRST positive BUG in history. lol

3) just out of PURE curiosity, why do you need the Status bar to show all the time?

Seketh

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
2) regarding the WIFI sleep , I just notice that my phone ( not sure if its just me LOL ) but when it goes to sleep mode my WIFI stays on , it doesn't disconnect. AT ALL. maybe they updated that? lol weird. :straight: OR this is the FIRST positive BUG in history. lol

That's weird, are you sure? Mine always goes to sleep, even when connected to AC power.

Do you by any change have the sync settings of your accounts set to "when receiving items" (or something like that in English)? I have mine set to every 30 minutes.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
That's weird, are you sure? Mine always goes to sleep, even when connected to AC power.

Do you by any change have the sync settings of your accounts set to "when receiving items" (or something like that in English)? I have mine set to every 30 minutes.

well i just tested it by connecting to my Friends Iphone 4. and it stayed connected? :dry lol

Download new content: as items arrive

aside from that its all normal.. maybe its cause IT auto sync as i was testing it lol? well w/e lol

Last edited:

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

3) why would you want the system tray always displayed? It wastes space and even the system tray in windows 7 auto hides. #nitpicking

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
The System Tray in Windows 7 doesn't auto-hide. The OS just consolidates some Notification icons into the Up Arrow to stop it from taking up too much space in your toolbar. Earlier versions of Windows did the same thing, just in a different way. The system tray is always there, just the amount of space it can consume is static now. A good change, definitely.

mdintx

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
3) why would you want the system tray always displayed? It wastes space and even the system tray in windows 7 auto hides. #nitpicking

So I can monitor the battery and more importantly, the Wifi connection. I have the lower data plan (200mb) with AT&T. With my droid, I was able to keep connected to the Wifi even when the phone was in standby and run most of the data that way. In monitoring my usage, I could generally limit my data to 20-40mb per month. In my first month with the Focus S, I've already had an overage charge on my data and I'm only halfway through my billing cycle.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
So I can monitor the battery and more importantly, the Wifi connection. I have the lower data plan (200mb) with AT&T. With my droid, I was able to keep connected to the Wifi even when the phone was in standby and run most of the data that way. In monitoring my usage, I could generally limit my data to 20-40mb per month. In my first month with the Focus S, I've already had an overage charge on my data and I'm only halfway through my billing cycle.

Even though to some we are nitpicking I prefer to see the battery and signal all the time too. It's not a deal breaker for me, but I don't think it takes that much screen space to show it all the time.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I disagree, I think Microsoft is much more evil than Google. If Google were more evil they would be the ones making money from each WP7 sale and not the other way around. But when you are an ad company playing in the tech industry these things can happen.

How much does Microsoft get from HTC and Samsung from each Android device sale again?

Microsoft and others make money from every Android sale because Google shamelessly pilfers ideas and violates patents left and right and hides behind the hippie bullish*t lie that they are "open source" and just want to benefit all of mankind.

Google does little to nothing to actually contribute to the mainstream Linux kernel.

Microsoft does license their OS to OEM's though, I see nothing wrong with that.

Android is free and worth every penny.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

the statuses display when something is up with them or changes

Battery icon- shows when battery is low or charging
WiFi icon- shows when network is connecting till its connected, reappears when network disconnects
Signal icon- appears and displays constantly when there is no service, disappears once service is restored.

Kirk879

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Seriously?no! Both of them have the the pros and cons,you should make the decision by yourself,and the using experience is vital,right?

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Wait for a full Windows Phone 8 unveil (software and hardware) and perhaps the iPhone 5 event, and make a decision from those. Don't get a current Lumia if you're worried about upgradability, but the first WP8 devices will be a good bet (Microsoft would be crazy to pull the same thing next year). The iPhone is better supported by Google than Windows Phone.

MathiasVerden

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
1. Wifi Tethering is completely free for me. It's just like normal 3G usage.

2. Apps from Zynga will be added later this year. Other apps should come as the ecosystem grows and grows. I'd wait for Windows Phone 8 to get a new phone.

3. You will not be able to upgrade. Windows Phone 8 is too much of a change. But we're all hoping that all the holes will be filled with Windows Phone 7.8 There are a lot of things missing from the OS, and a lot of things that need to be copied from some apps and applied to other apps.

4. Microsoft is really idiotic when it comes to these things. They wanna control everything and dominate every market, instead of thinking "if we can do it better, we're going to do it ourselves." So they've made their own maps and everything, that really aren't better in any aspect.

I've never owned an Android device, but I have a bunch of iOS devices, and all that customization and all those skins are just a waste of time. They never look good and there's ALWAYS something they can't cover, making the whole thing look stupid. If you're going away from Android, wait for Windows Phone 8. Android is not even an option for me. There's no beauty to it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2