Well I'm back to Windows Phone again.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Well I never leaved but I sure was ready for it. My Optimus screen kept freezing everyday and it was driving me crazy. I was months looking for cheap Android offerings and call bunch of people but they where always sold out.

Today I went to pay my bill and the system went offline, quick to strike a conversation I trade words with the receptionist and ask her the price of my phone. She said " those old phones are extinct, we sold them for 100 Pesos without contract", my eyes open wider than never before, she told me that it will be impossible for me to find my phone in my country but I started searching, 9 stores I found one slightly used for a 100 bucks. So I guess I'll be riding this ship til Apollo.

six6xis

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
So I guess I'll be riding this ship til Apollo.

I'm really hoping that the nicer Windows Phones from Samsung and mainly Nokia make it to other networks besides AT&T. If I don't see any improvement on that front for Windows Phone 8 i'll probably switch.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm really hoping that the nicer Windows Phones from Samsung and mainly Nokia make it to other networks besides AT&T. If I don't see any improvement on that front for Windows Phone 8 i'll probably switch.

As if the current phones on each carrier are that bad. I had the arrive on sprint and was more than willing to spend the entire 2 years with it but sprint's horribly slow speeds killed that experience and drove me away from it onto a T-mobile HD7. I think sprint needs to get their network up to par before releasing new phones. As for my HD7 I would stick with it forever if it had a better battery and supported 1900mhz in addition to AWS like the newer Tmo phones and upcoming Tmo WP8 phones will. No need to switch to android just to have a dual/quad core processor or an HD screen.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
As if the current phones on each carrier are that bad. I had the arrive on sprint and was more than willing to spend the entire 2 years with it but sprint's horribly slow speeds killed that experience and drove me away from it onto a T-mobile HD7. I think sprint needs to get their network up to par before releasing new phones. As for my HD7 I would stick with it forever if it had a better battery and supported 1900mhz in addition to AWS like the newer Tmo phones and upcoming Tmo WP8 phones will. No need to switch to android just to have a dual/quad core processor or an HD screen.
It's amazing how people can complain about Windows Phones when you read Winterfang's story, and hundreds other like it. Microsoft's minimum specs guarantee that you don't have a garbage phone like a Huawei Comet, yet people complain. Sucks to be them.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
It's amazing how people can complain about Windows Phones when you read Winterfang's story, and hundreds other like it. Microsoft's minimum specs guarantee that you don't have a garbage phone like a Huawei Comet, yet people complain. Sucks to be them.

Still, what about the battery life and cameras on some of the first-gen phones--particularly HTC? I think those would be valid complaints.

I think the Focus was the best out of the first-gen phones, but it was only on AT&T.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Still, what about the battery life and cameras on some of the first-gen phones--particularly HTC? I think those would be valid complaints.

I think the Focus was the best out of the first-gen phones, but it was only on AT&T.
In all honesty, I think everybody complains of poor battery life and sucky cameras. I've only had one device with ridiculously long battery life and that was a Samsung Epix on WinMo, coincidentally the camera was awesome too! My original point was that there is nothing missing from device to device on WP7 because of the minimum specs laid out by MS. On Android, you get a Forrest Gump box of chocolates moment "you never know what you're gonna get".

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
In all honesty, I think everybody complains of poor battery life and sucky cameras. I've only had one device with ridiculously long battery life and that was a Samsung Epix on WinMo, coincidentally the camera was awesome too! My original point was that there is nothing missing from device to device on WP7 because of the minimum specs laid out by MS. On Android, you get a Forrest Gump box of chocolates moment "you never know what you're gonna get".

The HD7 (I also have one) is pretty much known in WP7 circles as having the worst battery life. 768mb of RAM instead of 512, a 4.3" screen, poor reception and a paltry 1230mah is NOT a good combo. I can kill mine in 2 hours if I'm trying, and without touching it I'm lucky to get 12 hours. They should've had a minimum battery size spec...

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
The HD7 (I also have one) is pretty much known in WP7 circles as having the worst battery life. 768mb of RAM instead of 512, a 4.3" screen, poor reception and a paltry 1230mah is NOT a good combo. I can kill mine in 2 hours if I'm trying, and without touching it I'm lucky to get 12 hours. They should've had a minimum battery size spec...
I'm gonna guess that the OEMs determine battery size according to size constraints from the design basis. But yes, 1230 is very weak for 3/4 gig of RAM and a 4.3" screen. In my field, I have to constantly deal with engineers and design architects who lose sleep at night to design installations that have no Earthly way of being done in the field. BTW, I am not a computer designer or programmer. I supervise medical gas delivery system installations in hospitals all across South Florida. Tinkering around with phones is my way of forgetting that if I screw up in my day job, someone dies. It's really that simple. :confused:

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site

Well I'm going to be honest, my story is not really heartwarming. I was going to get an android phone, found a Windows Phone ridiculously cheap because no one was buying it and settle for it.

All the problems I suffered are still there but thankfully the minimum specs mean I have a decent camera, decent battery, decent size screen etc... My other options where those terrible Android devices like the Motorola Spice and Huawei comet. :)

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm going to be honest, my story is not really heartwarming. I was going to get an android phone, found a Windows Phone ridiculously cheap because no one was buying it and settle for it.

All the problems I suffered are still there but thankfully the minimum specs mean I have a decent camera, decent battery, decent size screen etc... My other options where those terrible Android devices like the Motorola Spice and Huawei comet. :)

Those are some horrible options! Glad you were able to find a replacement WP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett