background music shortcut

dkny2kx

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know how to turn this off when you had music playing prior, and want it to now be gone when you change volume levels?

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
but seems like a bug they need to fix with their update...
It's missing functionality, not a bug. I think it's hard for them to resolve in the actual Music+Videos hub because other apps can utilise the music control, so the solution would probably have to be on the volume drop-down itself or in settings somewhere.

anodynamic

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Feels like it's a bit of a developer problem as well. Some apps and games manage to hide the track title and playback controls on the bar while others don't, so I guess there is some often overlooked bit of code that allows apps to properly take control over the volume bar while running.

I never seen a problem in not being able to clear the last track, but it does take a lot of space, particularly in landscape mode, when you need to change volume while watching or doing something.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Or open/close any video. Poof, volume control back to normal.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

anon(5339784)

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
wow great response guys.

I'm a newbie (n00bie) to WP.

It's not a bug, it's intended. The Stop button on a casette deck serves a function, to disengage the head and allow you to take out and change the tape. On a smartphone, you don't do that as there is no head to be disengaged and you can change songs even when they others are still running or paused. Also, the music controls disappear after a while, either after a certain time or after the music app (while the music is stopped/paused) gets pushed out of the fast-app-switching queue by other apps, which indicates that you are no longer listening to music.

It doesnt really make any difference for anything if it's there or not and one doesn't really need to fiddle with it, altough I too do use stop the music to clear it, leftover feelings from old operating systems where I am used to close applications that I am not using and feel weird about things being "open" if I don't use them. :D

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
wow great response guys.

I'm a newbie (n00bie) to WP.

As ramrac has stated, it's not a bug. This "feature" has been on the OS since the Zune HD. It's a great way to continue listening to music to where you last left off. It's better than going through the music app and the menus again. I love this feature.

dkny2kx

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Well it's kind of annoying, for the music app to be constantly "on"

anyways.

I guess this is what its like coming from android. I miss setting two different volumes for ringtones and music.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Well it's kind of annoying, for the music app to be constantly "on"

anyways.

I guess this is what its like coming from android. I miss setting two different volumes for ringtones and music.

Same here, I'm kind of used to iOS where the music controls are in the multitasking bar, but you have to swipe left to see it. It wouldn't bother me because I'd actually have to look for the music controls to see it, whereas on WP7, if I listened to music, I'd see the music controls whenever I changed to volume.

Though I think the separate volume controls is something that needs to be implemented. I'm not sure what Microsoft was thinking, were they trying to make it simple? Even Apple does separate volume controls.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon