Lumia 900 battery

fleeper99

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
First, I love the phone and the OS. I am still relatively new to WP7 but it has been a nice change from ios.

Bit, the battery on my phone dies too quickly. And if I am not using it, the battery still drains much too fast.

Any advice?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

smapor

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Look in the Lumia 900 forums.

Definitely not normal. My battery lasts on average 14-16 hours without a charge and I consider myself a med to heavy user. Gone through almost 22+ hrs as a light user (few calls, few text, 20 min of browsing)

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I am draining between 2.25% (home) and 3.5% (office) while the phone is sleeping, with lots of stuff running in the background. If your drain is higher than that, you have a really weak data connection or you are connected to a MicroCell, which has a tendency to suck juice from your phone.

Run a simple test at home. Check your battery percent (in Settings>Battery Saver). Note the time then set your phone down and don't touch it for at least 4 hours. Check the battery again when you wake it and divide % loss by time to determine drain per hour.

Everyone will have somewhat different drain when the phone is awake based on how they use it, but sleep time should be consistent.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

fleeper99

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I just checked (using Nokia Diagnostic App) and the discharge was 300mA an dropped to about 100 mA after about 20 seconds. I backed out of that and went to Angry Birds; I jumped into a game, hit the home key, and then opened up the diagnostic app. My discharge rate was around 250mA. Is this normal?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett