I'm sorry if this is a repeat - I searched but didn't see what I was looking for.

I am loving the voice commands on WP, but I can't find any tips or tricks on how to use it better. For instance, I can't seem to figure out how to speak punctuation in a text or start a word with a capital letter, things like that. Is there a resource somewhere that I'm overlooking?

Thank you in advance for any help, and double thanks in advance for not yelling at me for not being able to find the thread that I'm sure already exists on this :)
    05-28-2012 01:19 PM
    I think the punctuation is automatic, and you can't dictate punctuation (I've never been able to in my experience). I don't know about capitalization.
    05-28-2012 01:35 PM
    I think the punctuation is automatic, and you can't dictate punctuation (I've never been able to in my experience). I don't know about capitalization.
    yeah shouldn't CAPS also be AUTOMATIC , start of a sentence , a NAME etc...
    05-28-2012 02:19 PM
    In my experience, it doesn't capitalize names automatically, and doesn't seem to know when I'm excited enough for an exclamation point.
    05-28-2012 04:55 PM
    In my experience, it doesn't capitalize names automatically, and doesn't seem to know when I'm excited enough for an exclamation point.
    Dragon Talk won't help you with that either.

Tellme is just for quick responses and commands, it's not made for writing a novel.

No voice dictation software is perfect, and they won't ever be perfect. Just look at how many homophones we have in the English language: Homophones - Your Complete List of Homophones

I have a contact named Leanne and every time I say her name it thinks I said Lee and.
    05-28-2012 05:07 PM
    Maybe I'm thinking wrong? TellMe is what handles the text-to-speech on Windows Phone, yes?
    05-29-2012 04:38 PM
    Maybe I'm thinking wrong? TellMe is what handles the text-to-speech on Windows Phone, yes?
    Speech commands. Correct :)

Here's a link: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/Tellme/consumers/default.aspx#tab=phone
    05-29-2012 04:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD