Talk to me about HDMI and Windows Phone

lippidp

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
yes but won't this unofficial tethering get me banned from at&t if caught?

I also agree the windows phone is a top notch OS. But you have to admit it sucks that Pandora wont make an app for it. And there is such a lack of accessories like HDMI support, the docks, radios, etc the little things that make an iPhone more convenient. Yeah there are work around for some stuff but some of us just want to use our phones without needing the workarounds.
It won't get you banned, but they will charge you for it if they catch you. Yes, I understand the hassles with workarounds. I was just trying to be helpful given your situation. It doesn't matter to me in the slightest if you switch to iPhone.

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
By the way, the "full 4G" you'll have won't do you much good with your gf's 3G phone: still trying to catch up. ;)

You really should get proactive and pick up a phone like your gf to have access to all her "in-the-end... cooler stuff". iphone envy in a guy is so un...necessary. ;)

mjrshred

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
By the way, the "full 4G" you'll have won't do you much good with your gf's 3G phone: still trying to catch up. ;)

You really should get proactive and pick up a phone like your gf to have access to all her "in-the-end... cooler stuff". iphone envy in a guy is so un...necessary. ;)

wow...

1) The 4s has 4g service... Looks like my focus doesn't

2) All I wanted to know if they made an adapter cable.

3) WP is a better OS but "apple" is a better product because you buy in to a brand. If I have a problem with my focus where is the Samsung store?
4)
I don't envy iPhone, I envy that more people develop for it. How is this not a legitimate complaint?I understand the ****** aspect of it but if WP8 isn't better then iPhone5 this fall things won't look good for MS.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
no adapter cable will work with your focus , im 99% sure that the OS doesn't support it at all. but I cant find proof , lol and if it does it would only be on new WP ( titan 2 , Nokia 800/900 )

regarding the Connection.

HSPA(+) ( real 3G ) supports up to 21MB sec
LTE (real 4G) supports up to 75mb sec

the Samsung FOCUS radio only supports up to 7.2MB sec
long story short , dont worry about faster speeds cause your caped at 7.3mb.

the Iphone 4S caps out at 14.4 Mb sec

what does this all mean? you dont need 4G.....

dont be fooled by marketing scams.

Last edited:

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Not a cap but you will get throttled at 3GB of usage on 3G/HSPA+ and 5GB of usage on LTE. Streaming videos you will blow through that amount of usage very quickly and then be looking at near dial up speeds for the rest of your billing cycle.

IMO a better idea would be to see if you can get an LTE MiFi hotspot card from Verizon and use that connection to stream through one of your phones.

That was what I was thinking, they'd use up all their data allowance with just a few movies or TV shows.

How much would that hotspot card from Verizon cost? Wasn't the OP trying to avoid buying satellite TV, so paying for mobile data from Verizon would defeat the purpose?

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
well like I said. I am moving to a new house this fall and dsl will not be available until a year after we move in. All that I'll have is

Will that cord work with the Samsung focus?

I'm not complaining. I just wish Microsoft would be more proactive in creating an ecosystem around their phone. Cause in the end, there's a lot of cooler stuff for the iPhone.
All you can do is try it, its only $15 so it won't be much a lost if it didn't work and you can always send it back.
That was what I was thinking, they'd use up all their data allowance with just a few movies or TV shows.

How much would that hotspot card from Verizon cost? Wasn't the OP trying to avoid buying satellite TV, so paying for mobile data from Verizon would defeat the purpose?

Also if he lives around tons of trees he can forget about satellite, OTA TV or even a 3G signal strong enough for any hardcore streaming.

ejb222

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Please try the $15 cable...I"'m curious if it works.

BTW...I watch netflix on my phone and I don't much over 2gb/month. I don't think the netflix movies on your phone are as big as you think...definitely not as big as online. I originally thought so...but I'm pretty sure I can watch 4 movies a month and still not go over 2gb

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Please try the $15 cable...I"'m curious if it works.

BTW...I watch netflix on my phone and I don't much over 2gb/month. I don't think the netflix movies on your phone are as big as you think...definitely not as big as online. I originally thought so...but I'm pretty sure I can watch 4 movies a month and still not go over 2gb

Depends on what quality of what you stream. If you stream in HD, then yeah you'll go over 2GB pretty easily. But if you stream in the lowest quality possible, then you should be able to stay under 2GB.

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site

But 4 movies a month is a whole different story than using it as a replacement for Cable.

Back on topic, there is no HDMI adapter, but I'm hoping for it in Apollo. And the reason the iPhone has so many accessories is because of their marketshare and that every generation of the iPhone is the same. With Android and WP they have to accomodate a wider range of devices, so it isn't as cost effective.

Of course WP is playing catchup, there is no way they would get the range of accessories with 2% marketshare. When the marketshare increases, the accessories will come.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb