Nokia Drive - GO HOME

ejb222

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
So I know that Nokia is coming out with some updates to a couple of their apps...Nokia Drive being one. But does anyone know if they will add the ability to set a home location or waypoints? I would love to just open the app...hit "go home" and have it map a route. Waypoints would be cool too...but I do'nt know if mant GPS's do this anyway.

ejb222

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes...I was in the back woods of Maine this past weekend. Never been there before. Found my way there via GPS from my pops house...and needed GPS to find my way home that night. Why should I have to type in my own address on my own phone. I should just be able to hit "go home" or "find home" or plain old "home" in order to find my way out of some place I've never been before. You know you'v been in the same situation before...don't act like i'm the only one... :p

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure how to say this without coming off as a jerk so I'll apologize first.

Nokia Drive is free. You sound like you expect a full feature GPS for nothing. I suggest buying the Garmin Streepilot app for $30 (I did when I had my Focus S). You can even pin a home tile to your start screen. That way you can have best of both worlds. ;)

ejb222

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't expect it...I'm just saying it seems like a simple thing to incorperate into the app. Thats all. And if you don't ask you can't expect to receive...so why not ask. It would be a good feature....period. Thats all i'm saying. Nokia seems to be in the people pleaser mode...so why not open up and let them know what would be pleasing.

If it doesn't happen...so what...but it's a suggestion just like any other suggestion.

Fleon

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't expect it...I'm just saying it seems like a simple thing to incorperate into the app. Thats all. And if you don't ask you can't expect to receive...so why not ask. It would be a good feature....period. Thats all i'm saying. Nokia seems to be in the people pleaser mode...so why not open up and let them know what would be pleasing.

If it doesn't happen...so what...but it's a suggestion just like any other suggestion.

I agree. Would be a nice feature to add, and you're right- I don't think it would be tough to include. Good idea.

And to the poster who asked if you didn't know how to get home... if you didn't know how to get somewhere, it's a pretty good bet you didn't know how to get back.

fleeper99

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
You can also download Nokia Maps. Nokia Maps allows you to have favorites and you can pin these favorites on the homescreen. You could pin it, then click it and hit "directions and you will have the directions needed. Little bit of a workaround but it works.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon