no bluetooth on lumia 710!?

mrpinkeye

May 9, 2012
Visit site
so today i found out i can only transfer contacts via bluetooth on the lumia 710 and cant transfer ANYTHING else! whats that all about? i dont use it that much but would have thought any phone made in the past few years would have this almost standard feature. its actually quite shameful to tell someone i dont have real bluetooth :(

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
yeah you cant use BT to transfer ANY FILES .

OEMs are working on BT certification for WP8 so its gona be coming , but not as of yet.

there is a cross platform app for WIFI Transfer of Media files: Flick+share

but not contacts yet that I know of.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Not shameful at all,last time I did a Bluetooth file transfer was like 2005/2006.

There's some truth to this. I have already owned 3 WP devices and not once has anyone asked me to transfer a file via BT. I don't think people do it as much as we all used to. Before, BT was the fastest and best way to share pics or ringtones/songs. Now the prefered method are online social sites.

mrpinkeye

May 9, 2012
Visit site
There's some truth to this. I have already owned 3 WP devices and not once has anyone asked me to transfer a file via BT. I don't think people do it as much as we all used to. Before, BT was the fastest and best way to share pics or ringtones/songs. Now the prefered method are online social sites.

like i said, i dont use it much BUT picture the scene,

me and a friend are out having a coffee and i want some pics of me from her phone (an ancient sony phone) and we spend ages trying to figure out why bluetooth wont work. iv been boasting about my shiney new wmp for ages but then look online to find i cant bluetooth and her old brick is sat there ready! in the end she uploaded to facebook and i downloaded but that takes a lot longer and uses data. shamefull

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
It would be nice to have, yes. But I think you're overreacting about it being shameful. Id be more ashamed if I still carried around an ancient Sony brick phone. ;)

mrpinkeye

May 9, 2012
Visit site
It would be nice to have, yes. But I think you're overreacting about it being shameful. Id be more ashamed if I still carried around an ancient Sony brick phone. ;)

it still has so many things my phone doesnt (better camera, bluetooth, battery life, removable memory card etc) i just dont understand how a company would decide to make a new phone and leave out features that have become standard!

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
The lack of BT file transfer is not exactly a standard today nor is it limited to Nokia or WP, the iOS devices do not have it as well.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

cedarlog

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
i haven't used bluetooth for about 2 years :straight:
Symbian phones always flashes to my mind when someone say anything about bluetooth :p

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
If you're wanting to transfer pictures via bluetooth android is probably the only major platform that does this. I could do it with my motorola droid, but not my WP or my wife's iphone.

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
If it was standard/basic it would've been added in NoDo or mango.

Video MMS is standard/basic and it's still missing, so your logic fails to impress me.

BT file transfer is not all that popular in the US due to huge data plans and unlimited MMS packages, but it's important in other markets where people tend to do whatever they can to conserve data due to it being very expensive.

WP7 isn't the only platform with limited BT transfer capabilities (as someone else mentioned), though.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Surprised no one is complaining that we are missing IR on our WPs. I used to be able to print and control TVs at bars with my PocketPC. Time to move on.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Why dont you guys just use the WIFI transfer.

1-3 MB a picture its not exactly DATA heavy.

- Flick+share = Picture transfer
- My contact info free = Contact share app
- My contacTile = also a contact share app

sadly no video share yet

Last edited:

barkinglama

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Not shameful at all,last time I did a Bluetooth file transfer was like 2005/2006.

I just tried to print a photo from my phone with one of those kodak machines in a store, the machine could accept files through bluetooth but my phone couldn't send it - I would say that's pretty pathetic in an age of wireless information

mb-dape

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
So you say that no one uses Bluetooth anymore, its a thing from the early 2000s, time to move on etc.

Why is it coming to WP8?

wolfenstein7

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
You people are just talking about Bluethooth...but i will count you about other drawbacks of lumia 710...
Nokia almost kept us 10 years back...in 20th century.....i cant even say to people that my Bluetooth can only transfer contacts..even it is a smart phone....shame...
3 Gp files are not compatible in Lumia 710 ,only Mp4 videos which takes more space, cant rename or move mp3 files,cant send videos in whatsapp application
Always you need Zune Software to do stuffs...Holy ****...a person cant carry a laptop all the time...it is a big headache.....if u want to download a 455kb ringtone u need Wifi connection...oh God...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb