How do I fix my phone?

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
He touch screen isn't working properly. Can barely scroll down the main screen. It's really stuttery. When I plug it in to charge, it works fine!

Help!

DanielCeleste

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Other than a battery pull or forced reset, it appears that nothing you do can rectify the issue because it seems to be a hardware issue. Sorry :(

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
If you have insurance through your carrier, they'll replace it for free. However if you don't you may be charged for a replacement or have to buy a new phone entirely. Alternatively you can send it to Samsung for repair.

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
If you have insurance through your carrier, they'll replace it for free. However if you don't you may be charged for a replacement or have to buy a new phone entirely. Alternatively you can send it to Samsung for repair.

I do have insurance, so I have to pay $200.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Does the phone have water damage or was it abused? If not it is covered by a one year warranty in the US (more or less in other parts of the world). Is the phone less than a year old? If not, then it's probably time for a replacement anyway.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Does the phone have water damage or was it abused? If not it is covered by a one year warranty in the US (more or less in other parts of the world). Is the phone less than a year old? If not, then it's probably time for a replacement anyway.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

You my friend are correct! I was going through the insurance claim process and it said to call AT&T because I may still be under warranty. Called them an I was! They're sending me a new phone this coming week! :D :D

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
You my friend are correct! I was going through the insurance claim process and it said to call AT&T because I may still be under warranty. Called them an I was! They're sending me a new phone this coming week! :D :D

Cool! :cool: Glad you got that resolved.

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
So... weirdly enough, my phone KIND OF started working. The screen is a lot more responsive but the screen doesn't shut off at all when it's locked. I hit the lock button and it will shut off for about 2 seconds before it turns on again.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
So... weirdly enough, my phone KIND OF started working. The screen is a lot more responsive but the screen doesn't shut off at all when it's locked. I hit the lock button and it will shut off for about 2 seconds before it turns on again.

maybe the proximity sensor is bad?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans