Local Scout - Fast Food

geno.jeg

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Is it just me or does local scout not have fast food? When I search for ?eat & drink? there are absolutely no fast food to choose from. Under the filters Cuisine, there is American but no fast food. If I search for let say McDonald using bing, all the McDonalds show up on the map local map. So you would think, local scout would have access to this information.
Thanks..

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm only guessing, but Microsoft probably didn't include fast food into Local Scout because fast food chains would flood the list.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Fast food joints are pretty ubiquitous. I've never had to search for them.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
There's a McDonald's off every major highway exit,why search or local scout for one? Usually people use those to find better places to eat than hard bun McDonald's

Banstyle

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
lol I agree with everyone else. No one should be searching for McD's. It's a restaurant search engine, fine dining and whatnot. Think of it like Zagats. You don't see Dunkin Donuts in Zagats right?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
lol I agree with everyone else. No one should be searching for McD's. It's a restaurant search engine, fine dining and whatnot. Think of it like Zagats. You don't see Dunkin Donuts in Zagats right?

But Dunkin' Donuts is delicious. :(

geno.jeg

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
lol, ok... I figured I would get razzed by mentioning MCD, but I have kids and we eat fast food.... I think the local scout should also cater to people who have kids!!!

LowRentTechGuy

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't think fast food should be included personally but at least make it a changeable parameter for what it's looking for. But seriously, look around, you can't swing a kid without hitting a fast food place.

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express

Banstyle

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
lol, ok... I figured I would get razzed by mentioning MCD, but I have kids and we eat fast food.... I think the local scout should also cater to people who have kids!!!

OMG I have kids and do not eat fast food. Kids should never be a reason to eat unhealthy, but I digress. :)

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I think the intention of local scout, yelp, etc, is to drive business towards indepently owned restaurants. I think the "local" kind of hints that off because if they were including nationals it would just be Scout.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

It does by suggesting better and healthier places to eat at, which is a fine dining restaurant.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I think the intention of local scout, yelp, etc, is to drive business towards indepently owned restaurants. I think the "local" kind of hints that off because if they were including nationals it would just be Scout.

I agree. When I travel I tend to like trying local joints, not chains (whether fast food or otherwise).

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
There was a Fast Food option for me, but only once, when Local Scout mistakenly though I was in Washington. It showed one restaurant, but it wasn't a McDonalds or anything like that, probably a small independent restaurant. Once I closed and opened Local Scout again and it found my correct location, it didn't give me a Fast Food option.

Real fast food restaurants are probably not listed in Local Scout because then half the 20 closest restaurants to you would be taken up by McDonalds, BK, Taco Bell, etc. rather than "real" food.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
There was a Fast Food option for me, but only once, when Local Scout mistakenly though I was in Washington. It showed one restaurant, but it wasn't a McDonalds or anything like that, probably a small independent restaurant.

Under Cuisine is a option to select delivery and fast food option but these are only local places only.

Fast Food should be a option under Eat+Drink, seperate drop down option. Else it would dominate the map and take out the local aspect.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Under Cuisine is a option to select delivery and fast food option but these are only local places only.

Fast Food should be a option under Eat+Drink, seperate drop down option. Else it would dominate the map and take out the local aspect.

What's weird is the inconsistency. Some people are saying fast food places like McDonalds shows up for them on local scout, but it doesn't for me.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
What's weird is the inconsistency. Some people are saying fast food places like McDonalds shows up for them on local scout, but it doesn't for me.

No McDonalds for Me under Local Scout,

But I can get them by going to Maps - put in directions "McDonalds" and it should show the closet ones to your location. Subway works has well, and Taco Bell..

But Local is meant to highlight Local and not chain so I could see why they are not listed under Local. Unless they are only resturant around in small cities.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire