Windows phone 8 with 1920x1080 1080p screen? do we need that?

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Will Windows Phone 8 also have support for 1080p? - Neowin

I find this ok is that Microsoft is going to the limit with it's screen and cores seroiusl. but I don't get the point of 1080p right now. maybe they want to get the Spec hungry users. I think Samsung, htc and Nokia should do their phone currently with the standard resolution. Then do a upgraded version of their phones. Like what Samsung did to the s2 sky rocket. But the prob of 1080p is dat it's a waste of battery. (which you guys know) so what do u think of this. and is it the right thing to do? For is way android couldn't solve it. But I hope Microsoft and wp send android to rot in **** with it's specs in wp8. If they do it of course. I think people will pick the resolution Standard because of cheapness and for 1080p for te specs guys an girls. BUT MICROSOFT WILL FIND A SOLUTION 4 THIS : ) Please don't mistake me a troll. I love Microsoft's products especially w8 and wp. Soowwee for making no sense

Last edited:

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
What's wrong with having support for it? Will mean there are less growing pains in future.
I know but 1080p is known for battery drain advanced. I don't know If it's either battery saver or specs for Microsoft. I know we could be first for a 1080p phone. Which is good for us. But I'm concerned about the battery life. Do you think will solve the problem with bringing specs and battery save together?

Last edited:

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
We don't "need" it, but it sure would be nice. I am very interested in a high resolution screen for my next phone. The majority of high end smart phones coming out now have high resolution screens, so it's only natural the Microsoft would follow suit with Windows Phone.

Thuoudo

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
A 1080p screen is a $120-150 upgrade on laptops (those which are already about $1000)...can't imagine how much that would add to manufacturing costs. $600 phone outright?

The super ironic part is most people using 13-15" laptops have a terrible 1366 x 768 screen, while their less-than-5" device would be FHD and all would be totally right in the world :p

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I know it would take a LOT of power to push all those pixels... Could be we see 720p screens but the device has HDMI out with true 1080p.... That would be cool.

LowRentTechGuy

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
The lumia camera was supposed to be but I have heard a lot of complaining about that, don't know about the titan, have an Arrive. I love WP but come on, an antiquated camera API helps no one.

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Thumbs.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I think it's a sign that Windows and Windows Phone are converging. They're likely sharing a lot of underlying code. So support for something in one may result in the same support in the other.

It is overkill for a phone; even if it had a 5" screen.

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Will Windows Phone 8 also have support for 1080p? - Neowin

I find this ok is that Microsoft is going to the limit with it's screen and cores seroiusl. but I don't get the point of 1080p right now. maybe they want to get the Spec hungry users. I think Samsung, htc and Nokia should do their phone currently with the standard resolution. Then do a upgraded version of their phones. Like what Samsung did to the s2 sky rocket. But the prob of 1080p is dat it's a waste of battery. (which you guys know) so what do u think of this. and is it the right thing to do? For is way android couldn't solve it. But I hope Microsoft and wp send android to rot in **** with it's specs in wp8. If they do it of course. I think people will pick the resolution Standard because of cheapness and for 1080p for te specs guys an girls. BUT MICROSOFT WILL FIND A SOLUTION 4 THIS : ) Please don't mistake me a troll. I love Microsoft's products especially w8 and wp. Soowwee for making no sense

I wouldn't get in a tizzy that someone spotted a prototype device browsing their site. It means nothing other than MS is testing it in some form. They test thousands of things that never make it out.

btgusto

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
YES. If for no other reason, to compete with phones that do have it. I love my arrive. But the biggest complaints non-WP people talk about are "SPECS" and "APPS" I know WP runs smoother than any other platform and the apps that most of NEED are there but people still complain about that.

Just reached 100,000 apps! WHOOOHOOO

Once we are on equal footing in those two aspects, what will they complain about then???

trumpet116

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I never understand why people complain about innovation. Of COURSE we don't NEED it! We don't NEED Facebook, Twitter, WP Central, etc. Heck, we don't even NEED cameras on our phones, or even phones at all! But they're nice, right? So I think 1080p on a phone would be awesome if the processor can handle it. I would love if screens could be pixel-free even if I shove my nose up to the screen. Even if you don't feel that way, the spec race is on, so why WOULDN'T Microsoft join in, even just to shut everyone up?

gwydionjhr

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Borrowed from the Verge Forums....

562143_10150968485000874_1756942480_n.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99