New owner - few questions

Mwanahabari

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I have just bought a Lumia 710 for ?89 from Carphone Warehouse. Loving the phone so far but have a few questions.

1) Live Tiles: I thought Foursquare, FB and Twitter would be active tiles but they arent. Is there a setting somewhere to activate them?
2) How long does it take for contacts to update - specifically Twitter? I added someone yesterday and wanted to link their Twitter account to their entry in the contacts list, but their Twitter handle isnt appearing on the list when I try to link it. Is there a way to force a refresh?
3) Is there a way to display Yahoo calendars? Google, Outlook and Live are there but no sign of Yahoo.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
1) Live Tiles: I thought Foursquare, FB and Twitter would be active tiles but they arent. Is there a setting somewhere to activate them?

I haven't used the official Foursquare app but I have used the third party app called 4th and Mayor. That does have a live tile option but it has to be turned on. Can't say much about FB/Twitter because I use the built-in functionality.

2) How long does it take for contacts to update - specifically Twitter? I added someone yesterday and wanted to link their Twitter account to their entry in the contacts list, but their Twitter handle isnt appearing on the list when I try to link it. Is there a way to force a refresh?

People Hub > Three Dots (bottom right) > Settings > Filter My Contact List > Show Contacts from Twitter

Or

Settings > Applications > People > Filter

3) Is there a way to display Yahoo calendars? Google, Outlook and Live are there but no sign of Yahoo.

I'm not sure about this one.

Mwanahabari

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.
I did as you suggested for Twitter but it still isn't showing up any new contacts I added to my 'Twitter follow' list since it originally synched with the phone. Is there a way to force it to refresh or is there a setting I've missed somewhere.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.
I did as you suggested for Twitter but it still isn't showing up any new contacts I added to my 'Twitter follow' list since it originally synched with the phone. Is there a way to force it to refresh or is there a setting I've missed somewhere.

Try:

Settings > Email + Accounts > Long tap on Twitter > Sync

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
The Facebook app does have a Live Tile, but it must be enabled in its settings. But like Figure 8 says, just use the built in feature (People hub) and the Me tile and you'll be good to go.

There's some folks out there that claim having the Facebook app pinned causes battery problems, so keep that in mind.

TheDarKnight

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
The Foursquare app Live Tile takes some time to update, when I first installed the app it took like a day till it started updating, but that was like 4 months ago, I stopped using Foursquare, oh and the live tiles basically shows you the top 3 in checking points in your friends list, it doesn’t flip or anything.

Mwanahabari

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks again for the replies. Refreshing the list didn't work (I tried it twice). So I tried deleting the account and re-adding it. That brought the list up to date but surely it should refresh without having to delete and re-add it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon