Keyboard

dnmartin98

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,

I just noticed something curious. During the day I keep my phone connected via usb cable to my laptop (Thinkpad T410) most of the time while I am working. Today I responded to an email on the phone while it was still connected and the keyboard accuracy was TERRIBLE. It also seemed really slow in keeping up with me.

I unplugged the phone and tried again and all was fine and dandy. Hmmmmm..

Just a curiosity or something more going on?

Cheers,

DavidM

mparker

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I've seen this on my ur-Focus and my Nexus One. On the Focus it depended on what it was plugged into. It would do this on the wall charger or my desktop, but not my laptop, for example.

I think that somehow the external power source is altering the charge on the screen, even a slight static charge would be enough to screw up the touch screen sensitivity. Maybe a slight voltage leak out through the plug, or it could even be the magnetic field coming off the power cable as the phone is charging.

It's just one of those things.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
It did this to me on my Lumia 900, I put a screen protector on it and it fixed it.

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I've typed while the device was connected to the wall charger and while it was plugged into the USB port on the PC. I've never noticed any difference if it was plugged in or not.

ejb222

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Ive noticed it a little bit...I thought maybe I was missing a keyboard setup calibration...but nope...I think its just when it's plugged in...ill have to do more scientific research :p

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Did you have wifi trying to switch on in the background?

I can only reproduce your lag if I keep wifi one. Then wake up my phone from deep sleep. While the radio tries to re-connect, if I am immediately replying a text or specifically an email, then keyboard appears to lag. However as soon as the wifi is connected, if I switch off the screen, immediately switch it back on, then continue typing everything comes back to normal.

gregoron

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
This happens to my 710 sometimes Wifi or not, connected or not. There is some hesitancy like the phone is processing something. I think there's something running in the background that causes it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720