Xbox music

willyvaca

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft revealed Xbox Music today at E3 meaning they are killing the ZUNE brand. they displayed a video and what caught my eye was the next pictures, i guess thats how the new music player app or XBOX music app will look like on WP8.

ejb222

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't care how they brand it as long as it's accessible via my car headunit and video is accessable via usb to my TV!

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I like the new branding because it extends the Xbox name across devices just like Zune, but I like Zune better.

Just as long as the Zune pass subscription still works i don't really care much about anything else.

The def star

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I think the service will remain the same as Zune with additional features but re-branding the whole thing. At least I hope that my Zune pass will carry over to Xbox music. The Zune name just never really caught on.

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
They should call it XMusic and it should be included with my Xbox LIVE gold subscription. Then it will be a win.

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Xbox Music is fine. X-music sounds juvenile.

Everything'll carry over, I'm sure. I'm just curious as to whether or not the Zune software will still update after this gets released.

AiR DEGETA

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I know the Zune Pass would transfer in some form but I'm worried about the ones that have the 10 free credit subscription cause I would prefer they keep it. And it would be nice if they release some form of a standalone Media Player cause as much as I love my HTC Arrive it doesn't have the memory or the battery life to my primary music player & I'm worried that my Zune is on it's last legs.

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Xbox Music is fine. X-music sounds juvenile.

Everything'll carry over, I'm sure. I'm just curious as to whether or not the Zune software will still update after this gets released.

It has barely updated in the last year or two. Seems like the only changes were to add some minor capabilities that were required for Windows Phone.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I hope they have some options for a family pass. I have a family Xbox Live sub, would love to add music to that.

Mr_pither

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Zune app going away with Windows 8.
Windows phone connector app + new Xbox music app replacing it.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Weird. Is this going to be released as a separate app, or does this indicate that another update will be coming to older devices that will bring support for the new service?

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
So I thank GOD I could install Zune still. I loaded my comp with Win 8 and it took off zune so I went ahead and plugged up my phone and see if anything could happen. There was no way to put things on my phone as far as pictures or music. So if they're killing zune, how will our phones be able to work

AiR DEGETA

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
So I thank GOD I could install Zune still. I loaded my comp with Win 8 and it took off zune so I went ahead and plugged up my phone and see if anything could happen. There was no way to put things on my phone as far as pictures or music. So if they're killing zune, how will our phones be able to work
Windows 8 will have an updated version of Active Sync that is how you would be able to add Content to your Windows Phone.

ejb222

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Not sure how WP will intermingle with Win8...but it would be pretty cool if it did anyone if not all of the following:

1. On the Start Menu be listed under devices and use as a Share destination
2. Desktop...have an desktop app like the Zune mini player....you can drag and drop files into it or hit play for music or photo slide show.
3. In the Music Metro app...some sort of Active sync capability that is visually simple and idiot proof.
4. Maybe have it's own Metro App tile.

Haven't really thought these all through...but thought they were good ideas to start.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720