Just spotted a WP in the wild!

index1366

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Omnia 7 on a train, sitting right next to me and one in the school, Lumia 800 when I was passing through the train, and another Lumia, this time the 710 in the school. Pretty much WPs' in Slo though.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
verizon trophy, in my office. i asked the customer about a smart phone and he told me decided to go with a windows phone. and i played dumb and was like, ahhhhh. he proceeded to explain to me why. i was impressed with the fact he chose a windows phone. so i cracked and told him , i also own one and that i know quite a bit about cell phones. it was a poignant moment... :p

Chinocop

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I have yet to see a Windows Phone here in Taiwan other than mine and my wife's. I've been through several shopping malls, train stations and other very crowded areas. All I see are iPhones, Samsung and Sony. It's very surprising because HTC is a Taiwanese company. What does that say when their home market isn't buying their phones.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
My first WP sighting was yesterday at IKEA. The guy actually wasn't in my line of sight, but I recognized the text message notification sound, looked around the corner and there he was. I think he had an HTC Trophy with a case on.

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
With all the cases and stuff they have out now it's hard to tell just by looking at a phone which os it has on it. With that said I did finally see my first WP in the wild at Marine World and the only reason I noticed it was because it was blue. I said "nice phone" and then she basically talked my head off raving about win os until I showed her mine lol!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I spotted a Nokia Lumia 900 at the grocery store yesterday. The woman in front of me in line had one. I showed her mine.

She had a black device. Mine is cyan, but it is currently covered by an Otterbox Commuter case that I won here on the wpcentral forums. :)

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
one of my girlfriend's co-workers was part of the group she put together for a race this past weekend and, as they were getting ready to start I noticed the co-worker putting her phone away. It was a black Lumia 900. I made a note to ask her about it later but, before I even had the chance to do so she noticed my DVP and asked about that. Turns out she had a DVP originally and loved it, then she won the L900 not too long ago and so was now enjoying that one. This was my first WP encounter out in the world so it was especially cool to find that it was someone who knew about (and even had) the DVP!

hellomiggy

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I was going to Universal City walk, taking the tram up the hill. Plenty of Tourists, with the flashes going off here and there. I heard a familiar shutter, I look to the right of me and there is a lady with a Samsung Focus. I felt giddy to see a Windows Phone out in the wild. It seem's like she loved it.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I know five or six people who have bought WP7 phones after using mine. Mostly Gen 1 Focii. I know a guy around town that was carrying a Quantum early on.

poxme

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Spotted 2 lumias, 2 radars, 1 focus. All of those user were ladies.

Sent from my Radar C110e using Board Express

kyle5000

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
my old lab partner had a focus. i ended up playing with it instead of keeping time with the stopwatch like i was supposed to. thats what convinced me to get a windows phone

kittshelby

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
After owning my first WP (focus) for 1 year, I finally saw another WP user here in Vancouver Canada. I was sitting in the back of the lecture and saw some guy a few rows ahead of me using a Focus with the Mango theme colour.

Mordor2112

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Before I never really paid much attention since everybody here seems to own an iPhone....and among my friends there's only 1 dude using a HTC WP but he's a Microsoft employee!! :mad:

But to be honest since I got the Omnia W there are already 2 co-workers who aren't sure anymore about getting new flashy Android phones, and they keep asking me how's this/how's that on WP7. ;)

thzman

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I saw a woman outside a Hotel in Gothenburg, Sweden today using a Lumia 800 in cyan color. I think that was the first time I actually saw a WP outdoors. Almost felt like talk to her and congratulate her to her choice of phone, especially since all of her friends had iphones. :)

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs