How much longer must I suffer??

justwar88

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
So I am with Sprint, the "maybe tomorrow" Network.. Man these data speeds kill me, I mean they are true 56k speeds unless I'm in a big city or on wifi. I can't take it much longer! Thats besides the point.

I, like the impatient idiot I am, was eligible for an upgrade in March due to Sprint changing their Terms and voiding contracts, they offered me an immediate upgrade if I stayed so I regretfully obliged and soon realized they had nothing good for an upgrade choice from my HTC Arrive.

So I went with the 4S with the intention of reselling it when something worthwhile comes around.. So my question is, How much longer do I have to use this scattered,unorganized,overly popular iPhone until I can get some new Windows Phone devices to choose from?!?

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Only Sprint knows the answer to that. As consumers, we can only look at their track record... and the forecast looks very grim.

That being said, they might get smart once WP8 releases. But I doubt it.

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Well, Sprint is notoriously a slow network, and they won't get much better until they launch LTE sometime this year. You put you're from Ann Arbor, so I wouldn't exactly count on LTE launching there until 2013 or 2014. You might be stuck with really slow speeds for a while.

You may want to consider switching to AT&T or T-Mobile. They have the best options of Windows Phones and probably aren't much more money than Sprint. Yeah, you get unlimited data with Sprint, but when you're getting data that slowly what does unlimited matter?

And with the support AT&T has given Microsoft, I would expect them to continue to have the most/highest end Windows phones available even after WP8 launches.

justwar88

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
You know I did try ATT for about a week and I was happy with the service.. I was just so worried about my data usage with only having 3 gigs and It was before the 900 was out so I had the Focus S.. Loved the phone but wanted to wait until something newer came out. Now looking at my sprint bill I haven't used more than 2 gigs but once or twice in a month.. And you are right, It's impossible to use it when it takes 1-2 minutes to load a webpage.. It isn't so bad IN ann arbor but I live about 20 minutes NW of Ann arbor and man does it suck. Just like the sprint commercials that say " Why limit your iPhone? Unlimited data blah blah blah". I am thinking why would you limit any phone to the sprint network.. So behind the times

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
with that contract they have with apple for the iphone, i seriously think you will probably be better of to just go buy a windowsphone from else where when wp8 pops, just remember to get one that works on sprint (unless u want to pay that early termination fee..)

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
If I were you I would definitely leave sprint, I did last November to T-mobile and it was the best thing I've done. Now I am limited to 10GB but when I get throttled or have my occasional drops to 2G my speeds are still faster than sprint. Also when T-mobile refarms their network this summer phone selection and coverage should no longer be an issue. I don't think sprint will have LTE rolled out for another 2 years at least and certainly won't have this 3G issue fixed.

AKA Preluva

Banned
Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
So I am with Sprint, the "maybe tomorrow" Network.. Man these data speeds kill me, I mean they are true 56k speeds unless I'm in a big city or on wifi. I can't take it much longer! Thats besides the point.

I, like the impatient idiot I am, was eligible for an upgrade in March due to Sprint changing their Terms and voiding contracts, they offered me an immediate upgrade if I stayed so I regretfully obliged and soon realized they had nothing good for an upgrade choice from my HTC Arrive.

So I went with the 4S with the intention of reselling it when something worthwhile comes around.. So my question is, How much longer do I have to use this scattered,unorganized,overly popular iPhone until I can get some new Windows Phone devices to choose from?!?
I dunno why everyone says sprint is so terrible. I've gone from California to Florida with no problems. Even in little back woods towns here in No Cal and I still have service to surf the web. Then again I've never used another network so maybe I don't know what I'm missing. Oh well... :p

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
You know I did try ATT for about a week and I was happy with the service.. I was just so worried about my data usage with only having 3 gigs and It was before the 900 was out so I had the Focus S.. Loved the phone but wanted to wait until something newer came out. Now looking at my sprint bill I haven't used more than 2 gigs but once or twice in a month.. And you are right, It's impossible to use it when it takes 1-2 minutes to load a webpage.. It isn't so bad IN ann arbor but I live about 20 minutes NW of Ann arbor and man does it suck. Just like the sprint commercials that say " Why limit your iPhone? Unlimited data blah blah blah". I am thinking why would you limit any phone to the sprint network.. So behind the times

OMG YES!!! Whenever I see the one with the German boss and the vacation pics I think 2 things:
1. No, these shorts are for a SLIMMER person, and
2. As if sprint's network could even HANDLE a video conference!

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
If I were you I would definitely leave sprint, I did last November to T-mobile and it was the best thing I've done. Now I am limited to 10GB but when I get throttled or have my occasional drops to 2G my speeds are still faster than sprint. Also when T-mobile refarms their network this summer phone selection and coverage should no longer be an issue. I don't think sprint will have LTE rolled out for another 2 years at least and certainly won't have this 3G issue fixed.

The problem is their backhaul. Basically the old T1 lines that connect the tower to the rest of the network can't handle all the data. Of course, when they roll out LTE, they'll have to upgrade that or else LTE speeds will be super slow too. So once they get LTE rolled out in a certain area, 3G speeds should improve too.

I dunno why everyone says sprint is so terrible. I've gone from California to Florida with no problems. Even in little back woods towns here in No Cal and I still have service to surf the web. Then again I've never used another network so maybe I don't know what I'm missing. Oh well... :p

We're not talking about service, we're talking about data speeds.

justwar88

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I've been with sprint for 10 years now, 7 years with my dad and 3 years now on my own contract.. In the beginning the voice services sucked! I would always drop calls, poor service.. This was when people only called.. Text messages wern't that popular then. Now that it's the other way around, for me atleast, I get great voice service but horrible data service.. I think it's time for me to just dish out a couple more bucks a month for a good phone and good service (ATT)

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I've been with sprint for 10 years now, 7 years with my dad and 3 years now on my own contract.. In the beginning the voice services sucked! I would always drop calls, poor service.. This was when people only called.. Text messages wern't that popular then. Now that it's the other way around, for me atleast, I get great voice service but horrible data service.. I think it's time for me to just dish out a couple more bucks a month for a good phone and good service (ATT)

You probably won't see improved speeds until end of 2012, early 2013. And I'm just guessing.

Indianapolis & East Michigan are scheduled to be in the Second Round of Sprint Network Vision/LTE Deployment in 2012 - Sprint 4G Rollout Updates

According to this, you're in the second round of NV upgrades (Ann Arbor right?) but the second round doesn't start until they're finished with the first round. The thing is, they don't know when the first round will finish.

Network Vision/LTE Deployment Running List - Sprint 4G Rollout Updates

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon