Any Google+ app in the making for WP??

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hello all, just thought I ask this.....I know Google hates us (WP) but is there any Google+ app in the making for us. I know most of you don't use/know this app but I really miss it here on WP platform. Pray it comes to the marketplace soon for some of us who need it for work connection. Was glad when the LinkedIn app came out and now praying for the Google+ app. Any one with a sweet news on it? Google should develop this for us :(

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
ya... wp8?

well, there is G+ Launcher, which i think really just uses the mobile site, but its something to work with... slapping google might help eventually though

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Did Google even release a full API for it yet? No one can really develope one witout the full API.
Nope, the API is still read only. Not sure what Google thinks they're doing here but that's not the way to grow your platform.

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Exactly....Microsoft keeps on releasing apps for them right, so why are they not doing same for us? And secondly you not releasing a social app for your competitors is a big mistake....how then do you get people to use your services or make them known. Most people even don't know what Google+ does just because of Google's selfish behavior. They should reconsider WP, some of us need it to work.

Sent from my HTC HD7 using Board Express

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Exactly....Microsoft keeps on releasing apps for them right, so why are they not doing same for us? And secondly you not releasing a social app for your competitors is a big mistake....how then do you get people to use your services or make them known. Most people even don't know what Google+ does just because of Google's selfish behavior. They should reconsider WP, some of us need it to work.

Sent from my HTC HD7 using Board Express

You're using a flawed logic to look at this situation.

You're talking as if Google ignoring 2% of the market would be equivalent to Microsoft ignoring 50% of the market here, which couldn't be further from the truth.

Microsoft isn't in the position to ignore Android development, and WP7 doesn't really have to market position to make WP7 development a priority for companies like Google. Theories and predictions are not results.

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

You're talking as if Google ignoring 2% of the market would be equivalent to Microsoft ignoring 50% of the market here, which couldn't be further from the truth.

Microsoft isn't in the position to ignore Android development, and WP7 doesn't really have to market position to make WP7 development a priority for companies like Google. Theories and predictions are not results.

You have a point but I don't really see Google doing this if they really wanna make their social network known and popular. Lets take Facebook, they don't care whether you have 2% of 50% share, they will just release the app for you coz they need users,their income and popularity. It shouldn't take Google to have priority to watch for MS market share and WP popularity before releasing a social app with which they want to compete with the other known and popular ones out there....this is a social network app for Christ's sake...would be the first app I release for my competitor....I need more users of course ;)

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

I understand that Google might think it's not worth their time to make WP apps, but that's not really the point. It would be worth their time to create an API so that any platform can use it. Instead, they've had a half-assed, mostly useless API for almost a year now.

Not saying I like or use Google+, but I just don't understand their strategy here.

dinod

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Didn't MS make the WP FaceBook app? ...

You have a point but I don't really see Google doing this if they really wanna make their social network known and popular. Lets take Facebook, they don't care whether you have 2% of 50% share, they will just release the app for you coz they need users,their income and popularity. It shouldn't take Google to have priority to watch for MS market share and WP popularity before releasing a social app with which they want to compete with the other known and popular ones out there....this is a social network app for Christ's sake...would be the first app I release for my competitor....I need more users of course ;)

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I think I've seen some third party clients in the market place. But I wouldn't wait for Google to make an official one either. I don't remember the last time I was on Google+...

@dinod, yes they did but Microsoft works with Facebook on lots of things so it's not surprising.

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Facebook didn't develop their own BB, Playbook, or WebOS/TouchPad apps, either. I doubt HP or Palm were in bed with them or owned ~2% of the company...

Facebook is spam central because of that API, and Twitter is FULL of spammers I had to protect my tweets to stop spammers from Auto-Following me and sending me messages, among other things. Don't get any of that on Google+.

And anyways, a lot of Google+ users (or even Facebook users) aren't really active on the site itself, but on other sites that connect to them. There's a bunch of services that only allow you to sign up via facebook and when they auto post to your wall ofc Facebook says "yay we got another active user" while other users groan at the spam showing up in their news feed.

Until a Social Network has a way to combat the spam, I don't think they should have a R/W API. The benefits aren't worth the risks when you can develop your own high-quality first party apps for high-marketshare platforms.

IMO, Google+ is more similar to Pre-Wave 4 Windows Live than Facebook in how they're implementing the service. There isn't much benefit from it if you're on a different ecosystem. You're better off just sticking with Facebook in that situation.

InfectedPhreak

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
What if a third-party platform picked up the API? Developers of Seesmic or Tweet Deck, that could make their own use of the API? It's not a dedicated app, but it's still more useful then waiting around for an actual app to come about.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3