Microsoft Strategy

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
It seems like Microsoft is making an effort to have their products on Android and iOS as much as WP7 (SmartGlass, on{x}, etc.). My natural first thought was," Why don't you make everything exclusive for your own products to bring people in?" Thinking about it again, it might be the exact opposite. Do you think Microsoft is following this method:

-Get people dependent on their mobile software products
-Continue to grow WP hopefully to a competitive size with Android and iOS
-Cut off support then for the others to force people to make the switch?

With the market being so competitive, I would think therewould have to be some type of long term plan like this.

txaggies07

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I am almost certain that is not what they are doing. I think it is more of a get them into the ecosystem and they will be more likely to buy a WP7. Or...they are just different divisions of the same company and they don't necessarily have one vision.

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Apple's boosted the sale of its PCs and services using the iPhone's popularity, and it's possible MS is doing the opposite.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
With Microsoft it's all about the licensing (and the license fees). They don't care what platform it is, as long as they get their money. Why else would they have offered Office for OS X?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs