1st time I met another Windows Phone owner and it sucked..

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
OK guys, enough with the insult hurling. Bank apps are not just for checking a balance or depositing a check with a picture. The good ones, like pageonce, will let you see your activity. That is very important these days with all the fraud going on and identity theft. I know I'd like to be able to nip something in the bud if there's shenanigans going on. Personally, I'd never deposit a check with my phone. But that's just me, if you feel good about it - knock yourself out. It certainly isn't about being lazy, it's about being smart and keeping tabs on your money whenever and wherever. That's why they call them "smartphones", DUH! End of rant.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Point is, dissing an OS because it's missing a single app is, well silly. There are always workarounds. Its not a capability problem. It's a lazy bank making too much money to care about all their customers. So put the blame where it belongs.

Not having custom ringtones when WP launched drove me nuts, but didn't drive me away.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I have written before that as a huge AT&T area, I have seen a few other WPs around. And they are happy. But, seriously - I am fine fine with those who want what Android offers. It is a disadvantage of our OS that apps - especially local apps like banks, local papers, local news stations, and small area businesses - haven't been developed. If WP 8 gets to some serious sales than that will take care of itself. It will be so hard going forward to get an OS started. How many other companies will have deep enough pockets to get it off the ground? I am not exactly hopeful for the open sourcing of WebOS or Tizen. Who is going to develop for them??

JNM

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
This thread is pretty amusing. Did this really happen?

I can't say I would really blame the guy or make fun of him for wanting a device that does what he wants it to do. He actually appears to have stated a clear reason for wanting what he wants rather than simply "It has more 'apps' so I want it."

JustinMSalvato

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Yep

This thread is pretty amusing. Did this really happen?

I can't say I would really blame the guy or make fun of him for wanting a device that does what he wants it to do. He actually appears to have stated a clear reason for wanting what he wants rather than simply "It has more 'apps' so I want it."

It did happen. While I do see your point, I have a hard time seeing someone choosing another ecosystem because they have more apps. People don't want to hear the words "work-around", but most of these issues can be solved by visiting the mobile version of a website.

To the man's credit, he smiled as he acknowledged the insult. While part of his response was in agreement of what I said, the other part was simply him taking the high road by not firing an insult back =)

In a way, he is taking the low road; he's is choosing Android :O

blehblehbleh

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Point is, dissing an OS because it's missing a single app is, well silly. There are always workarounds.

It did happen. While I do see your point, I have a hard time seeing someone choosing another ecosystem because they have more apps. People don't want to hear the words "work-around", but most of these issues can be solved by visiting the mobile version of a website.

Exactly. On both counts.

the_tyrant

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
A guy at my school uses it.
He is a hipster and thinks that blackberries and iphones are "too mainstream"

When windows phone 8 hits, he'll probably move to Symbian lol

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Some of y'all sound like blackberry forum members. Full of malware or not, the current android experience is not what it was a year or so ago. Very fluid. And yes, the low end ones are prone to being laggy but generalizing the whole experience as bugs and lags is narrow minded. Yes the Droid bionic has issues, yes the vzw nexus has issues, etc. But so does my Nokia. I seem to reboot it everyday cause it hangs when I go to any contact tile or my me tile. The camera is the only one I know that has bad auto settings. See the pattern? Let people pick what they want and be happy with it.
Doesn't happen to me, your experience definitely isn't typical. A smooth Android experience isn't typical also. Remember the #Droidrage campaign?
Lazy? It's about having better things to do than drive to a bank. You sound like a grumpy old man. If I were you I'd make sure to never use the ATM, either. Are you too lazy to wait in line inside the branch? Also never use your bank card at a store. If you run out of cash just drive - no, walk to the bank, fill out a withdrawal slip, and wait in line to get more cash you lazy *******.

I guess you don't have anything better to do right now since you decided to personally attack someone.

fisci

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
typical thread is typical...

jealousy of android, and a difficulty understanding for some reason that people could use their phones for different things than you do *gasp*

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
typical thread is typical...

jealousy of android, and a difficulty understanding for some reason that people could use their phones for different things than you do *gasp*
Jealousy? Man, you made my day. What a laugh riot. Contempt is a more apt description of Android.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Who said WP was in last place? We are rising towards 3rd here in the US and are 2nd in china and Russia. Seriously just stop.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I can't speak for everyone in this thread, but I just threw in my two bits for fun. I really don't have any problem with someone choosing an Android phone. If it works for them, then cool. If someone really needed an Android phone, I'd just advise them to get a higher-end one if they want a decent experience.

Though more often than not, if they're not going WP, I'd steer them towards an iPhone. And if the iPhone doesn't cover what they want, then Android would be 3rd.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't happen to me, your experience definitely isn't typical. A smooth Android experience isn't typical also. Remember the #Droidrage campaign?

I'm not an android fan by any means, but they have come a long ways. There is still a big difference between a lower end android and the high end devices though.

fisci

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site

so you're taking a projection to 2016 as rising to number 3 is the US, and calling me unintelligible?

hahahaha

The latest comscore numbers showed decline actually.. Let's use real figures, not "projected" ones

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
so you're taking a projection to 2016 as rising to number 3 is the US, and calling me unintelligible?

hahahaha

The latest comscore numbers showed decline actually.. Let's use real figures, not "projected" ones
Dude, you're all over the place. On one thread you're praising analysts and their predictions of doom for Windows 8 and now you're claiming that sales projections are not accurate and you want "hard numbers". Are you Mitt Romney? Only a seasoned politician or a total hack can flip-flop like you and enjoy the sound of their own voice at the same time. Why don't you just come out and admit that you hate WP7 and you have no life so you troll around here for attention.

fisci

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Dude, you're all over the place. On one thread you're praising analysts and their predictions of doom for Windows 8 and now you're claiming that sales projections are not accurate and you want "hard numbers". Are you Mitt Romney? Only a seasoned politician or a total hack can flip-flop like you and enjoy the sound of their own voice at the same time. Why don't you just come out and admit that you hate WP7 and you have no life so you troll around here for attention.

The difference is I gave an opinion only and backed it up with complimentary evidence (not a claim to fact), didn't present something as fact and then back it up with evidence claiming it as factual.

Iactually like wp7 (though not currently in its present state), I just also like Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro