1st time I met another Windows Phone owner and it sucked..

fisci

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
How can you like something if it isn't what it is? What version of Windows Phone do you like, pre-Nodo? You like the version of Windows Phone in your head?

Good grief, man.

I like it, I just am waiting for the next iteration to see if it fixes a few griefs I had with it, one being the separate volume, etc.

I didn't realize you were either full on ****** or nothing.

Kinda funny you aren't allowed to have any griefs.

LikeAChameleon

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
That's too bad, ColecoAdamWordpressCom. :(

I also met a WP user today, but thankfully it was a good experience! She was using a cyan Lumia 900 and we were both going into the post office. I told her it was a gorgeous phone and I had WP as well. She mentioned she really liked the "slick interface" but she also mentioned a lack of apps. I was going to tell her that the marketplace recently had over 100,000 but didn't for some reason. Anyway, she really looked happy with it and even used it for her business at the post office! She was showing something on her phone to the worker in the mail room. It was nice to see someone who uses it as well. :)

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
so you're taking a projection to 2016 as rising to number 3 is the US, and calling me unintelligible?

hahahaha

The latest comscore numbers showed decline actually.. Let's use real figures, not "projected" ones

Did you even read the articles I linked? If you did you would know that WP is already #2 in China and Russia. The numbers aren't declining, they're leveling out. There's a difference between the two. Only reason that decline is being shown is because the WM and WP numbers are grouped together, if they were separate you'd see WM declining and WP rising.

fisci

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Did you even read the articles I linked? If you did you would know that WP is already #2 in China and Russia. The numbers aren't declining, they're leveling out. There's a difference between the two. Only reason that decline is being shown is because the WM and WP numbers are grouped together, if they were separate you'd see WM declining and WP rising.

" We do take the explosive growth figure with a
grain of salt, however, since there are hints that
the original source may have misinterpreted the
statistics to mean the entire market, as
opposed to just one operator. For now, though,
it seems that WP is getting some major love in
China."

Also why would a phone that stopped being sold since 2009 still be having that large ofan influence on figures?

I'd need some actual figures on that at well before I buy that

andyl66

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Yeah and once he's spent 100 dollars on apps it'll still not be quite as good as the lowest wp7 phone. I only have the one x for tegra games, android sucks hard as an os. My two year old hd7 is my daily use phone n I love it.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Why does every thread have to turn into Android vs. WP7? This is WPcentral, not Androidcentral. Go talk **** somewhere else if you like Android or iOS so much. The purpose of this forum is to share ideas or issues as it relates to WINDOWS PHONE 7, not engage every clown with an agenda. BTW, love typing on this DVP keyboard. Chew on that fan *****es.

Sent from my Venue Pro using Board Express

Last edited by a moderator:

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
China."

Also why would a phone that stopped being sold since 2009 still be having that large ofan influence on figures?

Wrong! The HD2 was released on T-mobile in march of 2010 and sprint was selling the TP2 all the way up January 2011 when the Arrive was announced, that was when the TP2 was declared EOL and began to get pulled from shelves.

Missed the point again but of course I'm not surprised at all.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
China."

This guy is a fat cow and he will always will be if he keeps trolling. :p LOL at you! HA!

mhans311

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Why does every thread have to turn into Android vs. WP7? This is WPcentral, not Androidcentral. Go talk **** somewhere else if you like Android or iOS so much. The purpose of this forum is to share ideas or issues as it relates to WINDOWS PHONE 7, not engage every clown with an agenda. BTW, love typing on this DVP keyboard. Chew on that fan *****es.

Sent from my Venue Pro using Board Express

Because that was basically the topic of the thread. The OP insulted someone for wanting android. Just because someone likes android doesn't make them an idiot or a moron.

I happen to like both WP and Android but I don't like iOS. That doesn't mean I insult people who use iPhones.

JustinMSalvato

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
iOS users

Because that was basically the topic of the thread. The OP insulted someone for wanting android. Just because someone likes android doesn't make them an idiot or a moron.

I happen to like both WP and Android but I don't like iOS. That doesn't mean I insult people who use iPhones.

Now why did you have to bring up those that are otherwise known as lemmings..?

MrSean490

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
So while waiting for the elevator at work today, I heard what sounded like the default chime for a Windows Phone voice mail. The man in front of me picked up his phone, but I couldn't see it clearly yet. When we got on the elevator, I looked over and began a conversation, that went like this:

"You have a Windows Phone. Thought I was the only one. Looks like a Samsung Focus."

"I want a different phone. I want the one my son has."

"What's wrong with your phone?"

"It doesn't have 3 apps that I want including my bank app. My son's Android has those apps."

At this point, I thought, "really, apps? the banking mobile site isn't good enough?" Whatever. So my devotion to Windows Phone got the best of me and I couldn't let him leave the building without throwing an insult his way.

As we walked off the elevator and he was walking towards the exit...

"So you're getting an Android."

"Yeah, it has everything."

"Including bugs..."

"Yeah." He said with a smile.

Hope my next encounter with a Windows Phone owner is a positive one.
For him, the bugs may be worth it. Just sayin'. If I was hurting for certain apps, I would sacrifice some stability and jump to android.

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
What attracted me to this forum was the absence of personal attacks and the flame wars that are on other boards. I'm sorry to see that changing here, I like to think of us being able to intelligently disagree on various subjects.

As far as apps. They do matter to many people. Windows have come a long way in two years but we have yet to attract the business apps that both ios and adroid has.

We have a few, I use Fly Delta, Priority Club Rewards and Avis and I enjoy using them.

But to be honest there are many that I wish I did have: GM has an app that monitors status of your car as well as remote start or lock/unlock it....but not for WP, I have Comcast and their app allows you to remote schedule your DVR and even monitor or secutiry set up is you have on....but not for WP, I would love to be able to watch HBO Go when I travel but I can't with my phone and yes, my credit union has an app that allows you to monitor your account and yes even do some banking from it but they don't have an app for windows phone.

Facts are facts, currently this is a shortcomming. I love my phone and I have decided to stay with it in hopes that in time these companies will wake up and develope apps for our OS but we all have different priorities and for some that's enough to go elsewhere.

We shouldn't be attacking people for criticizing the lack of what they find important. These smart phones are suppose to help make our lives a little easier.

........Brothers need to chill :cool:

raidel00

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Dude, you're all over the place. On one thread you're praising analysts and their predictions of doom for Windows 8 and now you're claiming that sales projections are not accurate and you want "hard numbers". Are you Mitt Romney? Only a seasoned politician or a total hack can flip-flop like you and enjoy the sound of their own voice at the same time. Why don't you just come out and admit that you hate WP7 and you have no life so you troll around here for attention.

Hahahahahahahaha @ the Mitt Romney line. ****ing great...and true at the same time

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077