The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
06-12-2012 05:20 PM
55 123
tools
    Point is, dissing an OS because it's missing a single app is, well silly. There are always workarounds.
    It did happen. While I do see your point, I have a hard time seeing someone choosing another ecosystem because they have more apps. People don't want to hear the words "work-around", but most of these issues can be solved by visiting the mobile version of a website.
    Exactly. On both counts.
    06-07-2012 02:47 PM
    A guy at my school uses it.
    He is a hipster and thinks that blackberries and iphones are "too mainstream"

When windows phone 8 hits, he'll probably move to Symbian lol
    selfcreation likes this.
    06-07-2012 02:56 PM
    Some of y'all sound like blackberry forum members. Full of malware or not, the current android experience is not what it was a year or so ago. Very fluid. And yes, the low end ones are prone to being laggy but generalizing the whole experience as bugs and lags is narrow minded. Yes the Droid bionic has issues, yes the vzw nexus has issues, etc. But so does my Nokia. I seem to reboot it everyday cause it hangs when I go to any contact tile or my me tile. The camera is the only one I know that has bad auto settings. See the pattern? Let people pick what they want and be happy with it.
    Doesn't happen to me, your experience definitely isn't typical. A smooth Android experience isn't typical also. Remember the #Droidrage campaign?
    Lazy? It's about having better things to do than drive to a bank. You sound like a grumpy old man. If I were you I'd make sure to never use the ATM, either. Are you too lazy to wait in line inside the branch? Also never use your bank card at a store. If you run out of cash just drive - no, walk to the bank, fill out a withdrawal slip, and wait in line to get more cash you lazy *******.
    I guess you don't have anything better to do right now since you decided to personally attack someone.
    06-07-2012 05:03 PM
    typical thread is typical...

jealousy of android, and a difficulty understanding for some reason that people could use their phones for different things than you do *gasp*
    06-07-2012 05:57 PM
    typical thread is typical...

jealousy of android, and a difficulty understanding for some reason that people could use their phones for different things than you do *gasp*
    Jealousy? Man, you made my day. What a laugh riot. Contempt is a more apt description of Android.
    06-07-2012 06:50 PM
    Who said WP was in last place? We are rising towards 3rd here in the US and are 2nd in china and Russia. Seriously just stop.
    Last edited by palandri; 06-07-2012 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Edited due to deleted post
    06-07-2012 07:53 PM
    I can't speak for everyone in this thread, but I just threw in my two bits for fun. I really don't have any problem with someone choosing an Android phone. If it works for them, then cool. If someone really needed an Android phone, I'd just advise them to get a higher-end one if they want a decent experience.

Though more often than not, if they're not going WP, I'd steer them towards an iPhone. And if the iPhone doesn't cover what they want, then Android would be 3rd.
    wolf1891 and alpinestars1z like this.
    06-07-2012 08:07 PM
    Who said WP was in last place? We are rising towards 3rd here in the US and are 2nd in china and Russia. Seriously just stop.
    oh you haveee to show me these magical numbers LOL
    06-07-2012 08:43 PM
    oh you haveee to show me these magical numbers LOL
    Ok here you go, lets see what unintelligible response you'll come up with after this:
    Lets start with. Nokia Lumia 900 still topping Amazon AT&T charts

Windows Phone Projected to Overtake iPhone by 2016 | PCWorld

And
    WP reportedly overtakes iPhone in China with 7% of market - GSMArena.com news

That should do it.
    scottcraft likes this.
    06-07-2012 11:00 PM
    Doesn't happen to me, your experience definitely isn't typical. A smooth Android experience isn't typical also. Remember the #Droidrage campaign?
    I'm not an android fan by any means, but they have come a long ways. There is still a big difference between a lower end android and the high end devices though.
    cckgz4 likes this.
    06-07-2012 11:15 PM
    Ok here you go, lets see what unintelligible response you'll come up with after this:
    Lets start with. Nokia Lumia 900 still topping Amazon AT&T charts

Windows Phone Projected to Overtake iPhone by 2016 | PCWorld

And
    WP reportedly overtakes iPhone in China with 7% of market - GSMArena.com news

That should do it.
    so you're taking a projection to 2016 as rising to number 3 is the US, and calling me unintelligible?

hahahaha

The latest comscore numbers showed decline actually.. Let's use real figures, not "projected" ones
    06-08-2012 05:06 AM
    so you're taking a projection to 2016 as rising to number 3 is the US, and calling me unintelligible?

hahahaha

The latest comscore numbers showed decline actually.. Let's use real figures, not "projected" ones
    Dude, you're all over the place. On one thread you're praising analysts and their predictions of doom for Windows 8 and now you're claiming that sales projections are not accurate and you want "hard numbers". Are you Mitt Romney? Only a seasoned politician or a total hack can flip-flop like you and enjoy the sound of their own voice at the same time. Why don't you just come out and admit that you hate WP7 and you have no life so you troll around here for attention.
    06-08-2012 07:25 AM
    Dude, you're all over the place. On one thread you're praising analysts and their predictions of doom for Windows 8 and now you're claiming that sales projections are not accurate and you want "hard numbers". Are you Mitt Romney? Only a seasoned politician or a total hack can flip-flop like you and enjoy the sound of their own voice at the same time. Why don't you just come out and admit that you hate WP7 and you have no life so you troll around here for attention.
    The difference is I gave an opinion only and backed it up with complimentary evidence (not a claim to fact), didn't present something as fact and then back it up with evidence claiming it as factual.

Iactually like wp7 (though not currently in its present state), I just also like Android
    06-08-2012 08:41 AM
    Iactually like wp7 (though not currently in its present state)
    How can you like something if it isn't what it is? What version of Windows Phone do you like, pre-Nodo? You like the version of Windows Phone in your head?

Good grief, man.
    06-08-2012 08:45 AM
    holy crap, the overwhelming fan boy attitudes in this thread are hilarious
    06-08-2012 09:46 AM
    How can you like something if it isn't what it is? What version of Windows Phone do you like, pre-Nodo? You like the version of Windows Phone in your head?

Good grief, man.
    I like it, I just am waiting for the next iteration to see if it fixes a few griefs I had with it, one being the separate volume, etc.

I didn't realize you were either full on fanboy or nothing.

Kinda funny you aren't allowed to have any griefs.
    06-08-2012 10:21 AM
    That's too bad, ColecoAdamWordpressCom. :(

I also met a WP user today, but thankfully it was a good experience! She was using a cyan Lumia 900 and we were both going into the post office. I told her it was a gorgeous phone and I had WP as well. She mentioned she really liked the "slick interface" but she also mentioned a lack of apps. I was going to tell her that the marketplace recently had over 100,000 but didn't for some reason. Anyway, she really looked happy with it and even used it for her business at the post office! She was showing something on her phone to the worker in the mail room. It was nice to see someone who uses it as well. :)
    JustinMSalvato likes this.
    06-08-2012 11:55 AM

hahahaha

Did you even read the articles I linked? If you did you would know that WP is already #2 in China and Russia. The numbers aren't declining, they're leveling out. There's a difference between the two. Only reason that decline is being shown is because the WM and WP numbers are grouped together, if they were separate you'd see WM declining and WP rising.
    06-08-2012 12:42 PM
    holy crap, the overwhelming fan boy attitudes in this thread are hilarious
    Yeah, some of us are fan boys of Windows Phone, hence the reason we are on WPcentral..
    selfcreation and vp710 like this.
    06-08-2012 02:48 PM
    Did you even read the articles I linked? If you did you would know that WP is already #2 in China and Russia. The numbers aren't declining, they're leveling out. There's a difference between the two. Only reason that decline is being shown is because the WM and WP numbers are grouped together, if they were separate you'd see WM declining and WP rising.
    " We do take the explosive growth figure with a
    grain of salt, however, since there are hints that
    the original source may have misinterpreted the
    statistics to mean the entire market, as
    opposed to just one operator. For now, though,
    it seems that WP is getting some major love in
    China."

Also why would a phone that stopped being sold since 2009 still be having that large ofan influence on figures?

I'd need some actual figures on that at well before I buy that
    06-08-2012 03:54 PM
    Yeah and once he's spent 100 dollars on apps it'll still not be quite as good as the lowest wp7 phone. I only have the one x for tegra games, android sucks hard as an os. My two year old hd7 is my daily use phone n I love it.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    06-08-2012 04:26 PM
    Why does every thread have to turn into Android vs. WP7? This is WPcentral, not Androidcentral. Go talk **** somewhere else if you like Android or iOS so much. The purpose of this forum is to share ideas or issues as it relates to WINDOWS PHONE 7, not engage every clown with an agenda. BTW, love typing on this DVP keyboard. Chew on that fan *****es.

Sent from my Venue Pro using Board Express
    Last edited by Dave Blake; 06-08-2012 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Stop trying to beet the curse filter. Last warning.
    eric12341 likes this.
    06-08-2012 06:27 PM
    China."

Also why would a phone that stopped being sold since 2009 still be having that large ofan influence on figures?

Wrong! The HD2 was released on T-mobile in march of 2010 and sprint was selling the TP2 all the way up January 2011 when the Arrive was announced, that was when the TP2 was declared EOL and began to get pulled from shelves.

Missed the point again but of course I'm not surprised at all.
    06-08-2012 07:38 PM
    China."

This guy is a fat cow and he will always will be if he keeps trolling. :P LOL at you! HA!
    eric12341 likes this.
    06-09-2012 01:22 AM
    Why does every thread have to turn into Android vs. WP7? This is WPcentral, not Androidcentral. Go talk **** somewhere else if you like Android or iOS so much. The purpose of this forum is to share ideas or issues as it relates to WINDOWS PHONE 7, not engage every clown with an agenda. BTW, love typing on this DVP keyboard. Chew on that fan *****es.

Sent from my Venue Pro using Board Express
    Because that was basically the topic of the thread. The OP insulted someone for wanting android. Just because someone likes android doesn't make them an ***** or a moron.

I happen to like both WP and Android but I don't like iOS. That doesn't mean I insult people who use iPhones.
    scottcraft likes this.
    06-09-2012 07:12 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD