Podcasts - How are you getting them?

dclelaya2000

May 23, 2012
Visit site
(Lumia 900) Several unsuccessful attempts to sync with itunes through windows phone connector (I have a mac - snow leopard). Some podcasts snyc, most don't. And then only when its a newly subscribed podcast with no previous episodes. All were audio.

Also unable to download anything from the marketplace, even on wifi. Although they stream just fine. Tried Podcast a app. It too streamed files just fine, and downloaded them, but when I went back into the app, the file was gone. It wasn't in recent, it wasnt in downloads, it was just gone. Also, the whole point of subscribing to podcasts is that when a new one comes out, you plug in and sync. Coming from iphone 4, this is very frustrating.

Please let me know what you all are doing.

Thanks.

dclelaya2000

May 23, 2012
Visit site
(Lumia 900) Several unsuccessful attempts to sync with itunes through windows phone connector (I have a mac - snow leopard). Some podcasts snyc, most don't. And then only when its a newly subscribed podcast with no previous episodes. All were audio.

Also unable to download anything from the marketplace, even on wifi. Although they stream just fine. Tried Podcast a app. It too streamed files just fine, and downloaded them, but when I went back into the app, the file was gone. It wasn't in recent, it wasnt in downloads, it was just gone. Also, the whole point of subscribing to podcasts is that when a new one comes out, you plug in and sync. Coming from iphone 4, this is very frustrating.

Thanks.
Ok, I reinstalled the wp connector, then unsubscribed and re subscribed in itunes. The sequence thats mostly working for me now is to updated the podcasts in itunes, then plug in my phone, then launch wp connector. That seems to be working.

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site

Thanks.

Are you in the US? I get my podcasts directly through Zune on the phone. Makes it extremely easy. You just subscribe to the podcast you want, tell it how many episodes you want to keep, whether to download only over WiFi or not, and if you want it to automatically download the newest episode. It usually scans the marketplace between late night and early in the morning for new episodes, and then they're waiting on your phone for you when you wake up.

For when I need an a Podcast "immediately" and I know Zune won't scan until the night, I have an app called "Podcasts Pro!" that I can immediately get a newly released podcast. For example, if I'm at work and Engadget releases its podcast, I can download it to listen to on the drive home.

Works pretty well for me.

will_solo

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I do the same thing, but depending on the show I download the podcast manually. It's easier for me that way so in case I miss a show, it wont delete it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes