I was at Sea world on Monday...

infamousdaveman

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
...enjoying the sights, the rides, the wildlife... it was a perfect day to be snapping pics on my Focus S!! Come Mid day, we decided to check out the Shamu show and since it was starting in 10 minutes, the show was already pretty packed. So My wife(also a very happy Focus S owner) and I went to the far west side of the stadium and went all the way up to the top farthest bench to be able to get a good bird's eye view of the show. As you can imagine, more people funneled in and we ended up having one family to our left and a nice, younger asian couple to our right. As I begin snapping pictures of those beautiful black and white creatures doing their aerial jumps, I couldnt help but notice the asian female to my right snapping pictures as well. So being a phone guy, I had to take a closer peak and wouldn't ya know it, she had an HTC HD7 from Tmobile!! This was the first time I have ever seen this phone in person and what better way than to see it than in someone's actual hands!! She had a clear, rubberized case around it but you just cant miss the distiguishable windows home button on the bottom! I couldn't help but smile as I nudged my Wife and said.."Look baby, another windows phone! The HD7 from Tmobile!" She took a peek over my shoulder, smiled, and said "that's nice Honey". Obviously, she isnt as much of an enthusiast as myself but I just felt like sharing my story. I just LOVE seeing windows phones in the wild and it really makes my day!! Anyone else have some great "caught in the wild" stories to share?

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I went to my local Bell Mobility retailer looking for a screen protector for my HD7, and while I was there chatting with the rep another HD7 owner from another part of the country that was "passing through" came in looking for a case. We talked for a bit and ended up going halfsies on an Otterbox Commuter. He took the case, I took the included protector. That was almost a year ago, and I've never seen another "in the wild" since. I do personally know two other WP owners, but haven't seen either of them since they got their devices.

And yes I'm aware I got the short end but I knew the manager and he gave me 40% off so I ended up paying $5 less than the cheapest protector they carried.

infamousdaveman

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I went to my local Bell Mobility retailer looking for a screen protector for my HD7, and while I was there chatting with the rep another HD7 owner from another part of the country that was "passing through" came in looking for a case. We talked for a bit and ended up going halfsies on an Otterbox Commuter. He took the case, I took the included protector. That was almost a year ago, and I've never seen another "in the wild" since. I do personally know two other WP owners, but haven't seen either of them since they got their devices.

And yes I'm aware I got the short end but I knew the manager and he gave me 40% off so I ended up paying $5 less than the cheapest protector they carried.
Thats awesome! Yeah, I know two personally as well, My mother and my sister in law are proud windows phone owners...Nokia 710 and HTC Trophy...and its always fun when they come over, I wanna take a "family portrait" and post it on here lol , my Brother really wanted to get into the windows phone club as well but since he didnt wanna wait for a new nokia on VZW, he went with a Bionic..very disappointing phone IMO..

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
...enjoying the sights, the rides, the wildlife... it was a perfect day to be snapping pics on my Focus S!! Come Mid day, we decided to check out the Shamu show and since it was starting in 10 minutes, the show was already pretty packed. So My wife(also a very happy Focus S owner) and I went to the far west side of the stadium and went all the way up to the top farthest bench to be able to get a good bird's eye view of the show. As you can imagine, more people funneled in and we ended up having one family to our left and a nice, younger asian couple to our right. As I begin snapping pictures of those beautiful black and white creatures doing their aerial jumps, I couldnt help but notice the asian female to my right snapping pictures as well. So being a phone guy, I had to take a closer peak and wouldn't ya know it, she had an HTC HD7 from Tmobile!! This was the first time I have ever seen this phone in person and what better way than to see it than in someone's actual hands!! She had a clear, rubberized case around it but you just cant miss the distiguishable windows home button on the bottom! I couldn't help but smile as I nudged my Wife and said.."Look baby, another windows phone! The HD7 from Tmobile!" She took a peek over my shoulder, smiled, and said "that's nice Honey". Obviously, she isnt as much of an enthusiast as myself but I just felt like sharing my story. I just LOVE seeing windows phones in the wild and it really makes my day!! Anyone else have some great "caught in the wild" stories to share?

The family and I are heading to Sea World sometime between July 9th and the 13th and I'll be shooting pics with my Focus S as well.

Its funny you mention noticing phones and having a wife who doesn't care much - the other night we were out with friends and I noticed someone using a RAZR and I was like "hey hon look, that's the new RAZR - looks cool huh?". And she basically goes "uh...its a phone" and rolls her eyes.

They just don't understand...:D

I still haven't seen a Windows Phone in the wild yet - and I think mine is the only one most other people have seen because I get asked all the time about it.

bpgui

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen any in the wild yet, but I don't often notice other people's phones.

I did notice an email I receives today had the "sent from my windows phone" signature.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I have seen a bunch of people with Lumia 900's, it has been the phone I have seen the most, Seen it about 10-15 times different people at public places. I have two co-workers with the radar, a co-worker with the original Focus, then one with the HTC Surround. I have seen Titans but with the cases it is hard to tell what version the original or the T2.

This is on the Eastside of Seattle (Bellevue, Kirkland, Redmond)

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it makes me smile seeing customer come in my job with WP devices. I've only talked to one customer about their phone and they were surprised I knew about it

infamousdaveman

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
The family and I are heading to Sea World sometime between July 9th and the 13th and I'll be shooting pics with my Focus S as well.

Its funny you mention noticing phones and having a wife who doesn't care much - the other night we were out with friends and I noticed someone using a RAZR and I was like "hey hon look, that's the new RAZR - looks cool huh?". And she basically goes "uh...its a phone" and rolls her eyes.

They just don't understand...:D

I still haven't seen a Windows Phone in the wild yet - and I think mine is the only one most other people have seen because I get asked all the time about it.
Dont you just LOVE your Focus S? Seriously, I think its easily the best WP released to date...that super amoled plus screen, slim and sleek design, ultra lightweight, its been a never fail device for me and with the improved battery life with autobrightness, it truly leaves me not wanting for anything more. Obviously, having LTE would be pretty sweet but I think im willing to wait to see what Sammy brings to the table with its Samsung focus s II (or hopefully a rename to a galaxy device) I read in a different post about your curiosity of getting the 900 and just my two cents, it doesnt really hold a candle to our Focus S and aside from a few apps(which are already starting to trickle down to us, like CNN) and LTE, its basically the same phone you have right now. Of course, its not as sleek, nor light, and its squared off corners were a total turn off to me. If I was you, I would simply wait for a WP8 device, they will contain new kernals, dual core suuport, hd screens, so much choice is coming, why trade an already awesome device? If your read, alot of people state the camera is pretty mediocre for now and ours can take some amazing pics!! I too was very close to jumping on the bandwagon for Nokia but once I held it and used it, It just didnt feel as good or as high end as my focus s...and think abotu this, we have a phone that was US only!! So only a rare few have this amazing device and I feel very priviliged to be in this group of elite peeps ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes