Transfer other account apps onto mine?

DizzytazCO

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
My wife got a windows phone first and the kids kinda went overboard with the purchases before we locked it down.

Now that I have my own phone, I want all of 'her' games on my phone but we use seperate live ID's. Is there a way to de-activate some of her purchases that she never wanted and move the purchase onto my account so i can have the game? They were removed a while back by her for space and it's kind of wasted money.

DizzytazCO

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I figured

Yeah they have little reason to and would benefit for me to just buy it again. I'll just wait until they become .99 games then.

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah they have little reason to and would benefit for me to just buy it again. I'll just wait until they become .99 games then.

Well - I don't know what Widows Phone you have, but if you can get it dev and interop unlocked, you can try this :

[XAP] [Source] IDswitch - xda-developers

You can sideload that XAP and switch LIVE IDs on the fly. I imagine it would then allow you to download all the apps on your phone that your wife has under her account, and then switch back to your ID, without losing the apps.

I can't say for sure though. You'll have to try.

Let us know.

naplesbill

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I use one live id for three different phones. I don't use this account for mail or contacts on any of them. I then use separate accounts on each phone for email, etc.

The only real caveat is that they all share the same Xbox live, SkyDrive picture uploads, no facebook messaging, and you cannot use the twitter or linked integration.

This is not a problem for my use. I am the only one who cares about Xbox live and I don't care about those other features. I also use the SkyDrive app to access my own SkyDrive files.

This may not be for everyone, but in my situation it allows three different users to legally share apps and a Zune pass.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster