06-11-2012 10:08 PM
31 12
tools
    With all the patents issues between Apple and Samsung's (and HTC's) Android implementation, I actually think that Samsung (and HTC) are looking to alternate OSes. The only thing holding them back is that a third platform has yet to show serious long-term potential.

I think companies like what they're seeing from Microsoft. If Samsung is looking to buy Nokia, it won't be the end of WP. On the contrary; I think it's a sign that Samsung wants to go all in on WP.
    06-11-2012 11:44 AM
    i dont think it'll ever happen, at least i don't think eu and itc would let it through... these two are in #1 and #2 spot for mobile phone, it's going to end up like AT&T and TMobile merger imo if they ever tried
    06-11-2012 01:26 PM
    i dont think it'll ever happen, at least i don't think eu and itc would let it through... these two are in #1 and #2 spot for mobile phone, it's going to end up like AT&T and TMobile merger imo if they ever tried
    AT&T merger with TMobile at least made more sense. #2 with a dying #4 that wants to get out of the business anyway.

It would be more like a Verzion and AT&T merger.
    06-11-2012 01:49 PM
    Actually MS is smart they have exclusive with Nokia. without having to dish out billions. Keep in mind when you buy a major company like Nokia your getting everything from factories to employees. Nokia is a company that has been around for many, many years. Whoever buy's Nokia if ever, will also be responsible for that big old Pension fund. so it's not just the buy cost of the company from shareholders but it's also taking on billions in added cost down the road. The same thing is going to happen to Google and Motorola this coming year the numbers are not going to look that great and it's going to have a negative effect on Google's stock price and revenue out look.
    06-11-2012 02:32 PM
    AT&T merger with TMobile at least made more sense. #2 with a dying #4 that wants to get out of the business anyway.

It would be more like a Verzion and AT&T merger.
    ya, i know, just using that as an example of why this deal would fail if they ever tried it
    06-11-2012 03:01 PM
    If something like that happened, I don't think anything would change for quite a few years.
    1. Samsung isn't in the business of losing money and
    2. There are existing contracts Nokia has that cannot be abridged because controlling interests have shifted.
    06-11-2012 10:08 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD