How many different WP7 devices have you owned/used?

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Just curious -

Has anyone owned a few different WP7 devices (other than Daniel Rubino, who probably owns every WP7 device ever made) ?

I've owned a Focus and currently own a Focus S and have had a few weeks with a Focus Flash.

People say the core experience of Windows Phone is the same across all devices, and that is true to a degree, but just like anything in life - there's higher quality devices and you tend to get what you pay for.

If you've stuck with one brand, like I have, is there any other brand you want to try? Personally I'd like to use a Dell Venue Pro, a Lumia 900, and an HTC Titan 2 for a while just to compare.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
So far just the HTC HD7 and Nokia Lumia 710. I would agree the core experience is the same across both devices. But the Lumia 710 gets it done quite a bit faster. :)

naplesbill

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Focus, HD7s, Focus Flash(20 days), Focus S(28 days), Titan, Titan II, and Lumia 900.

Yes, my name is Bill and I'm an addict. Lol

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

infamousdaveman

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Just curious -

Has anyone owned a few different WP7 devices (other than Daniel Rubino, who probably owns every WP7 device ever made) ?

I've owned a Focus and currently own a Focus S and have had a few weeks with a Focus Flash.

People say the core experience of Windows Phone is the same across all devices, and that is true to a degree, but just like anything in life - there's higher quality devices and you tend to get what you pay for.

If you've stuck with one brand, like I have, is there any other brand you want to try? Personally I'd like to use a Dell Venue Pro, a Lumia 900, and an HTC Titan 2 for a while just to compare.
At the windows phone inner circle party, I used a Titan, A focus Flash(which was what the rep used to showcase the OS to us) and a Focus S(which is what I own along with my wife). My Mother owns a Trophy which I have used extensively to set up for her, updates, take pics, test apps, etc and The Nokia 710 from Tmobile which is what my sis in law has. I agree, the core experience is exactly the same and I enjoy using both devices alot and would be more than happy to own them. The HTC trophy after its latest firmware updates/8107 made it sing a lot better IMO but my focus s still seems to edge both of them out in performace and network speeds. And since its my phone, its obviously my favorite ;)

I really liked the Titan and I had thought about getting it personally, but at the last minute, I just didnt think the size of it would suit my needs so I went with the Focus S. I havent looked back...

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Lets see I have owned... Arrive... HD7S... Samsung Focus S... Titan... DVP... Lumia 800... Focus S again... Lumia 900... Titan II.

I had the Arrive then switched to ATT and got the HD7S traded it 2 weeks later for the Focus S on launch day. Then I bought the Titan a couple of weeks after it came out. I sold the first Focus S because the wife wasn't at all happy when I paid full price for the Titan. I got the DVP because my Boss was pissed about all the call quality issue with the Titan and bought me the DVP. I traded the Titan for the L800 (this is a nice device). I sold the DVP when I found a great deal for a Focus S on Crag's list. I bought the L900 on launch day because I am just that sick. I got my wife to switch to ATT so I got the subsidized $100 deal but after 2 defective L900 I decided I just couldn't take the chance. I swapped my L900 on my 30th day for the Titan 2. I will wait till version 2 comes out before getting another Nokia Windows Phone. At this point about what 3 week in with the T2 I think for my needs this is the best device. I still have a Focus S around its a great device as well.

This is of course MHO

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Focus S and now a Lumia 900. In terms of hardware I actually like the Focus S better but I feel I get a much better user experience with the L900.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Focus Flash - twice - first one I sent in for repair after bricking it, Samsung replaced the board itself, so I am now on my second one has it has a different internal id. Does that count..:lol:

bikedogrun

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
First was an HTC Trophy in April of this year (VZ's only WinPhone) which really isn't a bad device but an update and/or newer Windows 7.5 phones (c'mon VZ) would be nice.

Switched to AT&T in Mid-May and got a Focus S (nice screen but just didn't care for or enjoy the feeling in my hand. Seemed too big and also fragile.) Kept only a week /

Got a White Nokia Lumia 900 3 1/2 weeks ago (Love, LOVE, love it!) ... only concern is while the large 4.3" size is great for reading and scrolling the web... it sometimes just feels a tad too big as well in my pocket and in my hand.

Have a Cyan Lumia 800 on order than should arrive next week. If the usability is like the 900 and the smaller 3.7" size feels right in my hand/pocket without giving up too much screen real estate - that could be my dream device! ;)

/BD :cool:

Last edited:

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Had a Focus. Now mainly use a Titan.

In many areas I liked the Focus better. But that Titan 4.7" screen makes it too hard to go back.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
are you rrrrrrrrready? ok here it goes...

this is just the last 2 years btw...

htc incredible> droid x> samsung fascinate> droid x> samsung fascinate> htc hd7> samsung nexus s 4g> iphone 4> htc trophy> droid bionic> htc trophy> droid razr> htc trophy.... waiting on a 4g windows phone on verizon...

something keeps me coming back to the trophy, even with its low end specs, lack of 4g, and the fact verizon only gives me 2gb a data...

naplesbill

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Which was your favorite? And why?

Honestly, I liked the Titan the most. However, I like having the LTE speeds so the Titan II and Lumia also rank up there pretty high.

BTW, I picked up another Lumia after going through three of them and switching to the Titan II. My Titan II WiFi just quit working (hardware failure) so I picked up another Lumia with another upgrade I had available. I had the intention of giving the Lumia to another user on my account, once I received the warranty replacement Titan II. As it turns out, I finally received a Lumia with no issues. At this point, I think I may keep the Lumia just because I like the Cyan color so much.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I've had a couple myself.
(1) Quantum (If it had a 4" screen it'd be perfect). Gone.
(2) DVP (Camera absolutely blows + no wi-fi ICS). Wife also has one. Best Keyboard.
(3) Focus (Easiest to unlock but hated the lock button location). Gone.
(4) Omnia7 (Same as Focus but nicer materials). Gone.

(5*) An Apollo with physical keyboard and 4" screen. *wishlist

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Two. Surround purchased on launch day. And L900, picked up on pre-launch day. Surround has now been delegated as my new backup. My last Tilt2 (I had 3), my old backup, shipped out today to a happy eBay customer.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo