How many different WP7 devices have you owned/used?

gwydionjhr

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I will see your Windows Phones, and raise you a Pocket PC and two Windows Mobiles

556290_10150990245950874_1375049046_n.jpg

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I owned the HD7 and Nokia Lumia 900 and my boyfriend owned the OG Focus. The HD7 pictures look washed out in low light settings in comparison to my Nokia, but they were brighter on auto settings. The hardware on my HD7 though started to become loose like my camera button and USB port, haven't had that problem with the Nokia yet. The Focus had an awesome screen in comparison to the HD7, but I didn't really play with it to make comparisons. And while the HD7 and the Nokia have the same screen size, it doesn't feel like I'm carrying a brick around with the Nokia

steve70

May 25, 2011
Visit site
HTC Arrive and HTC Titan. Wife has a white 900. The Arrive had a great keyboard and felt good in the hand. If I could take the looks, feel, screen, and LTE speed of the 900 and and the Titan screen size, camera, and attentive phone it would be a great mix.

oneimunky

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
HTC Touch Pro (1st smartphone), then Samsung Omnia 7 (got rid of after 1 year due to bad operator in Australia - Optus), HTC Titan (had to buy from Mobicity as no Gen 2 devices on Telstra) then now HTC Titan 4G (Titan II) - original Titan went to my wife, she wanted to get rid of Iphone 4 for a WP7 :)

Kredrian

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I started with the HTC Surround, moved to the Focus S, and now have a white Lumia 900

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

havox22

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I own a HTC arrive, and a lumia 900...My mom has a HTC radar, and my best friend has a HD7 which I have messed around with both..Ive played with like 6 other Windows phones at MS events for a short period of time....my fav is the lumia but its not as high above the others as some make it seem

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Lets see I have owned... Arrive... HD7S... Samsung Focus S... Titan... DVP... Lumia 800... Focus S again... Lumia 900... Titan II.

I had the Arrive then switched to ATT and got the HD7S traded it 2 weeks later for the Focus S on launch day. Then I bought the Titan a couple of weeks after it came out. I sold the first Focus S because the wife wasn't at all happy when I paid full price for the Titan. I got the DVP because my Boss was pissed about all the call quality issue with the Titan and bought me the DVP. I traded the Titan for the L800 (this is a nice device). I sold the DVP when I found a great deal for a Focus S on Crag's list. I bought the L900 on launch day because I am just that sick. I got my wife to switch to ATT so I got the subsidized $100 deal but after 2 defective L900 I decided I just couldn't take the chance. I swapped my L900 on my 30th day for the Titan 2. I will wait till version 2 comes out before getting another Nokia Windows Phone. At this point about what 3 week in with the T2 I think for my needs this is the best device. I still have a Focus S around its a great device as well.

This is of course MHO

Drama queen :p

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Adding to original post - soon I will have a Lumia 900 as well, though we'll see how it actually works. Seller on Ebay sold it as "non working" for $75 shipped - my bet is it suffers from the "half bricked" problem a lot of early Lumia's seem to have, and I'll try to get it switched out with Nokia under the 1 year warranty.

We'll see - I'll keep everyone updated.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
well ive had over 20 WM phones but WP....

hmmm, 4 WP in 4 dayz! lmao..

- HTC surround

was my first one , lasted 1 day , lol returned it ..

- HTC D7

lasted 1 day returned it

- LG optimus

also lasted 2 dayz and returned it...( ROLF )

- Samsung Focus

got this phone and never looked back. now im waiting for WP8

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
4 in total. My first was the HD7, returned it on the 14th day when I saw the SAMOLED screen of the Focus and got a DVP with an AMOLED one in December 2010. Went through a few replacements (do they each count as a different device :cool: ), then the Radar in Feb 2012 and The Icon Lumia 900 in April, which is by far my favourite. Still have 3 DVP's in the house, 1 with a broken touchscreen.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
3. HTC Arrive, Titan I for about a week then the Nokia Lumia 900. I'm considering the Titan II again for its camera but with Windows 8 around the corner, I'll wait to make a move in the fall.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
HTC Arrive and HTC Titan. Wife has a white 900. The Arrive had a great keyboard and felt good in the hand. If I could take the looks, feel, screen, and LTE speed of the 900 and and the Titan screen size, camera, and attentive phone it would be a great mix.

Wife, eh? Congrats!

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Focus, Focus S, Titan, Black Lumia 800, Black Lumia 900, White Lumia 900

Can you compare the Focus S and the Lumia 900 for me? I'm really debating whether I should keep my Focus S, which works PERFECTLY for me, but has no LTE and the weird keyboard slowdown thing, or keep the Lumia, which is heavier and bigger and has no way to interop or developer unlock.

naplesbill

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
The biggest problem I had with the Focus S was the clicking noises when using the headphone jack with a powered system (mainly in my car). This was a deal killer for me.

Other than that, the Focus S was a great device. Nokia has brought much to the table. The exclusives will eventually work their way to all WP devices though. I like the look and feel better on Nokia as well. It feels like the phone was just carved out instead of assembled.

Be aware that it took me four 900s before I found one that was problem free. If you only have one upgrade coming this year, I would probably wait for the WP8 devices.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Can you compare the Focus S and the Lumia 900 for me? I'm really debating whether I should keep my Focus S, which works PERFECTLY for me, but has no LTE and the weird keyboard slowdown thing, or keep the Lumia, which is heavier and bigger and has no way to interop or developer unlock.

In my opinion, the two biggest advantages with the 900 are the exclusive apps, and the design. Obviously the support for the Nokia seems better, two updates in just a few months, while the keyboard bug still haunts the Focus. However, if the keyboard bug doesn't bother you that much, if the apps (turn by turn nav, augmented reality app, etc) don't do anything for you, and you normally keep your phone in a case, then I don't think it's much of an upgrade. I think the focus s is a fantastic phone. I was very happy with it, and if I wasn't such a tech geek I wouldn't have switched.

So, I would basically ask myself a few questions:

1. Do I want a free turn by turn nav app? That is the biggie to me, the other nokia apps can be replicated in the marketplace quite nicely.

2. Do I keep my phone in a case usually? If the answer is yes, then that negates alot of the physical design benefits of the 900.

3. Does the keyboard bug bother me? If so, it's not present in the 900. There are other bugs, but not this one.

4. How often am I on cellular data vs. wifi, and is LTE available in my area? If you are on wifi alot, then LTE isn't that much different. It can be faster in some cases, but not much.

The 900 is a nicer device than the Focus S, no doubt, but it's not a huge step up. The camera is about the same, same processor, same ram, similar screens, etc. The choice is yours, but if your upgrade is very valuable to you, or you want to save the $500 for a possible wp8 device in a few months, I'd say wait.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Just a Focus S here. Returned it before 30 day trial period expired and went with iOS (big mistake). Mainly because of apps. Have not been impressed with iOS and when my wife informed me she wanted to go back to WP7, I have to admit, I felt a little relieved. Waiting for WP8 though. Also been hitting this forum. Wish this forum was more lovely though... Been bored at work lately and there hasn't been much action here ~:(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa