backup contact info

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
You can save your contacts to your Windows Live account. This is the email account you set up when you got your device. We also call this your Live ID. This email account is tie to your Marketplace parches and your SkyDrive storage space. Did you set up a Windows Live email when you first got your device?

lbgator

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
You can save your contacts to your Windows Live account. This is the email account you set up when you got your device. We also call this your Live ID. This email account is tie to your Marketplace parches and your SkyDrive storage space. Did you set up a Windows Live email when you first got your device?
yes, I set up an email account with Windows Live and I have the Skydrive set up. How do I then back up the contact info? I am sure this is pretty basic stuff but I am new to all this. Thanks,

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
ok, I figured it out. I went to the windows live website and saw my contacts are there.

When you add, remove, or modify a contact on your phone (or at windows live), the changes should be reflected everywhere that is synced with your Microsoft account.

MrSean490

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
It seems like it automatically adds any contacts you add on your phone to your windows live account. Essentially you don't need to do any backing up as it automatically syncs them "to the cloud" if you will.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel