Geez.. VZW SERIOUSLY needs a wp7..

Phrozty

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
New plan details: http://solutions.vzwshop.com/shareeverything/pdf/verizon_share_everything_plan_details.pdf

Basically you can get unlimited talk/text and 2gb of data shareable anywhere (read: tether) for $100 ($40 for phone, $60 for plan). I'm basically paying that much for 450 minutes and 2gb that I can't share on ATT.

I've dealt w/ATT screwing me for quite a few years now... especially because of our beloved wp7s, but this plan seriously makes me want to jump ship. Not to mention, it's such a huge deal that I'd image if ATT stays as the "sole" wp7 provider and they don't change plans to follow suit, wp7's future could seriously be in trouble just from provider wars.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I dont see anything about VZW's plans that could put WP's future in trouble if at&t dont follow them. People mostly go where the devices are, if at&t has the best WP devices, people who want them will go there.

Phrozty

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I dont see anything about VZW's plans that could put WP's future in trouble if at&t dont follow them. People mostly go where the devices are, if at&t has the best WP devices, people who want them will go there.

As a WP7 lover, absolutely I'm going to go where the best devices are. As a "I want a cool smartphone" person, I think verizon's plan will SERIOUSLY carve out that market, and that's what we need to tap into to stay afloat.

I mean seriously, the difference in plans is terrible... and if you add in the need to add phones for a family, it becomes *really* bad.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site

strongly disagree... i am on verizon and i cant switch for a myriad of reasons... one i am on a contract, 2 they have the best service where i live, both 4g and voice. so although i really want a better windows phone , i wont switch to att to get it, because i dont want to sacrifice my employee discounts, 4g coverage, signal strength, and i wont pay fees to switch. regardless vzw needs to get on board... they are the largest network in the country, and if they pick up a solid wondows phone and advertise it like they do their droid line, just imagine what would happen to this platorm.

they did the same thing for android, and the iphone and look at them now

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
You can get unlimited text and data + 150 min for $30/month on T-Mobile if you don't talk a lot... (and if VOIP is supported in Apollo, it will be a killer plan)

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
strongly disagree... i am on verizon and i cant switch for a myriad of reasons... one i am on a contract, 2 they have the best service where i live, both 4g and voice. so although i really want a better windows phone , i wont switch to att to get it, because i dont want to sacrifice my employee discounts, 4g coverage, signal strength, and i wont pay fees to switch. regardless vzw needs to get on board... they are the largest network in the country, and if they pick up a solid wondows phone and advertise it like they do their droid line, just imagine what would happen to this platorm.

they did the same thing for android, and the iphone and look at them now

Better service I can agree is not negotiable, anything else for me is. I switched to att from Tmo for the Lumia, paid the $200 etf (funded with the sale of my Radar). More expensive but far better data speeds on LTE and a much better device than anything Tmo had. I'll be able to get a small discount to help with the cost but even without that, I'm happy I switched. I personally want to have the best WP device I can and a little expense is worth it to me.

VZW supporting WP would be welcome but as it stands they are not in the game so at&t is the WP carrier to be on.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
New plan details: http://solutions.vzwshop.com/shareeverything/pdf/verizon_share_everything_plan_details.pdf

Basically you can get unlimited talk/text and 2gb of data shareable anywhere (read: tether) for $100 ($40 for phone, $60 for plan). I'm basically paying that much for 450 minutes and 2gb that I can't share on ATT.

I've dealt w/ATT screwing me for quite a few years now... especially because of our beloved wp7s, but this plan seriously makes me want to jump ship. Not to mention, it's such a huge deal that I'd image if ATT stays as the "sole" wp7 provider and they don't change plans to follow suit, wp7's future could seriously be in trouble just from provider wars.
Well if you only need 450 minutes a month, then the new plans are actually a price hike. Right now if you sign up for 450 minutes, unlimited text, and 2 GB it's $90 a month. It can be less if you don't need unlimited texting. So no, I don't think these new plans will hurt WP considering that they're a price hike for pretty much anyone who doesn't need unlimited voice or uses more than 1GB of data per month.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
T-mobile's prices are still better. I get 500 anytime minutes,unlimited text,unlimited night and weekend minutes, mobile to mobile,free tethering,10 GB of 3G/4G data after that throttled to EDGE speeds and I pay $94 a month. Plus when T-mobile refarms their network which is in progress while I'm typing this, phone selection and coverage won't be an issue. They're also slated to have LTE rolled out by this time next year. Their revision of LTE will be more refined and efficient than the one used by AT&T and VZ. As for the topic of the thread VZ does want and will provide a WP8 device when they're released. We also need them on prepay carriers such as cricket, and boost.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
T-mobile's prices are still better. I get 500 anytime minutes,unlimited text,unlimited night and weekend minutes, mobile to mobile,free tethering,10 GB of 3G/4G data after that throttled to EDGE speeds and I pay $94 a month. Plus when T-mobile refarms their network which is in progress while I'm typing this, phone selection and coverage won't be an issue. They're also slated to have LTE rolled out by this time next year. Their revision of LTE will be more refined and efficient than the one used by AT&T and VZ. As for the topic of the thread VZ does want and will provide a WP8 device when they're released. We also need them on prepay carriers such as cricket, and boost.

After this refarming is complete will T-Mobile have coverage in areas where currently they don't or is this just an improvement of existing coverage?

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
After this refarming is complete will T-Mobile have coverage in areas where currently they don't or is this just an improvement of existing coverage?

As it stands now their network covers 96% of Americans, after the refarm it will be expanded to 97% which is what AT&T and Verizon are toting.

thelastfoiter

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
You can get unlimited text and data + 150 min for $30/month on T-Mobile if you don't talk a lot... (and if VOIP is supported in Apollo, it will be a killer plan)

This is exactly what I have on my Focus S, do you have any idea when they'll refarm the towers cuz I'm sick of EDGE!

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
As it stands now their network covers 96% of Americans, after the refarm it will be expanded to 97% which is what AT&T and Verizon are toting.

I'll be interested to see how their coverage is after the refarming is complete. As it stands now I think even Sprint has better coverage around me than T-Mobile.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
now that this is turning into a carrier war, ive tried them all. tmo, sprint, att , and verizon. nobody compares to verizon, period. i dont care what they claim. i speak from experience. tmo is awful, barely had 3g let alone 4g. sprint was even worse. they couldnt even activate my phone over the air due to poor siganl strength. and given they claimed to have good coverage in my area. att is super spotty, sometimes it will work, and then random spots it wont. verizon is solid all around, everywhere. now given that may change from area to area, but they all claim to have good-excellent coveraGE in my neck of the woods. and not only is verizon the most reliable, it has the best 4g too...

anyways, there are lots of reasons one cant leave a carrier even if they wanted to. now going from tmo to att wouldnt be a bad thing, as att is much larger than tmo

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes, VZW needs a better phone. Trophy is okay but I would like:

1st tier
much improved rear cam
ffc
2nd tier
improved battery (don't care if it's replaceable or not)
3rd tier
gyroscope
nfc (for sheets and geegles ;))

Outside of that...tbh it's a fine phone. I like the rather bland stylings with soft coat (granted I ended up putting the Incipio Feather case on it, but even that is barely noticeable).

The new plans will help a few people. Overall they will prices though. We pay $90 with a discount for 500 shared minutes, 250 texts on my line, unlimited data on my line, and free calls to VZW and N&W minutes. Even adding the $30 2GB plan to my wife's line would only bring us to $120.

I will be paying retail price from now on for my phones.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
As others have said coverage is king. I'm not concerned with who has a WP and who doesn't, I need good reception where I'm at the majority of the time. Right now that is Verizon, in November that might be another carrier.

m_kock

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
now that this is turning into a carrier war, ive tried them all. tmo, sprint, att , and verizon. nobody compares to verizon, period. i dont care what they claim. i speak from experience. tmo is awful, barely had 3g let alone 4g. sprint was even worse. they couldnt even activate my phone over the air due to poor siganl strength. and given they claimed to have good coverage in my area. att is super spotty, sometimes it will work, and then random spots it wont. verizon is solid all around, everywhere. now given that may change from area to area, but they all claim to have good-excellent coveraGE in my neck of the woods. and not only is verizon the most reliable, it has the best 4g too...

anyways, there are lots of reasons one cant leave a carrier even if they wanted to. now going from tmo to att wouldnt be a bad thing, as att is much larger than tmo

Too bad we're on a Windows Phone forum.... The only phones that even support 4G on Verizon are Android phones. The Trophy is the only Windows Phone on Verizon, and while they have stated they'll support Windows Phone 8, there aren't any actual devices on the line, yet; this is the whole point of the thread. I'm not going to argue with you about Verizon's coverage, they have the best in the nation hands down, but their CDMA internet speeds are dreadful. If you want to use your phone for internet access and don't want an Android phone, you're looking at an average of .5 MB/s download speeds. They also have dead zones, just like every company.

I used to be a VZW customer, but I actually didn't even get service where I work. I've since switched to Straight Talk, and they use AT&T's service. I get HSPA+ speeds (1-6MB/s), an actual working phone, unlimited data, unlimited text, and unlimited voice for half the price I was paying for being on Verizon. It all depends on where you live, and what device you want. Where you live, Verizon has good service, 4g if you're using an Android phone, and "no dropped calls"; sounds great but it doesn't work for me.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
im going to check into this staright talk with att, a lot of people are switching to it. i have another year on contract though... sucks =( 'im never doing another contract again, ill buy the phone outright.

m_kock

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, if you had problems with AT&T you'll have problems with Straight Talk. Just depends on if $45 a month with unlimited everything is worth it to you, depending upon your current coverage and how much you pay.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12